Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Ok so before anyone flays me alive, two things. Set items can only be worn at level 60, is that correct or no? And can only be found in Inferno?
Also, Im on console so it might be different but isn't 86 dex considered kind of low for a 60 ring? I had 125 dex+ rings at level 45 with other badass stats. Dont get me wrong, the ring as a whole is badass as shit but that's worth almost a billion on PC?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Allow porting between acts, have all bosses up instead of worrying about the fucking story.
This please. No more bullshit running back and forth to fetch npc's, let me travel the world and blow shit up.

... Would also pay an expac cost if mob density could be set at 2-4x as many mobs. D2 mods where there were 2-3x as much shit everywhere in the world was hilarious on all levels.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Ok so before anyone flays me alive, two things. Set items can only be worn at level 60, is that correct or no? And can only be found in Inferno?
Also, Im on console so it might be different but isn't 86 dex considered kind of low for a 60 ring? I had 125 dex+ rings at level 45 with other badass stats. Dont get me wrong, the ring as a whole is badass as shit but that's worth almost a billion on PC?
There is a Rare ring with more Dex up for 12mil right now, but it lacks the LoH and Regen (plus no potential set bonus). On the flipside there is a similar set ring up for 500mil.

I don't know anything about Monk gearing, so I don't know if the set bonus makes up the difference, but yeah, as gains get more marginal, price sky rockets. My Wizard's CM gear was roughly 50mil. Almost any real upgrade is going to run me 50mil per piece.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Console itemization doesn't compare to PC right now very well. There are several lower level sets on console; for the most part you actually just find a recipe that teaches all set items to the blacksmith at once. And all gear has waaay more primary stats on them on console; I have gotten plenty of lvl 60 rings with 260+ int and attack speed on them. I have a Tal Rasha amulet with 515 int, 433 vit, 76% crit dmg, and +6% arcane damage. I tried figuring out how much any of my gear would be worth on PC but it's so far off the scale it doesn't translate.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
They definitely need more playable content with the dungeons randomized. However, since it takes this company ten years to draw a straight line that everyone working there likes, I don't see that happening. Heck that would have been a great way to make money for them. Add new dungeons for 5-10 bucks a piece here and there. But that involves actually not taking years to do it.

It appears there is a new difficulty:Datamining: Stat Caps Removed, and More; BlizzCon Store Online Sale Now Open, Blue Posts, Remember When...? - News - Diablo Discussion and Community Forums - DiabloFans.com

Whether this means they are merging 2,3, or I can hope all 4 difficulties or it it's just an addition (god no) no one knows. Heck this may be completely bogus and never make release. I would rather they just have one difficulty and then a New Game + where you can change the MP. This crap of playing the same game four times over really sucks anymore.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
They definitely need more playable content with the dungeons randomized. However, since it takes this company ten years to draw a straight line that everyone working there likes, I don't see that happening. Heck that would have been a great way to make money for them. Add new dungeons for 5-10 bucks a piece here and there. But that involves actually not taking years to do it.

It appears there is a new difficulty:Datamining: Stat Caps Removed, and More; BlizzCon Store Online Sale Now Open, Blue Posts, Remember When...? - News - Diablo Discussion and Community Forums - DiabloFans.com

Whether this means they are merging 2,3, or I can hope all 4 difficulties or it it's just an addition (god no) no one knows. Heck this may be completely bogus and never make release. I would rather they just have one difficulty and then a New Game + where you can change the MP. This crap of playing the same game four times over really sucks anymore.
New difficulty makes no sense, unless it's Hell+Nightmare rolled together and then I see no reason to not rename Inferno to Hell...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Or act 5 is much harder than act4 in inferno mode but in the next difficulty they are all the same again

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Right but this is blizzard and they never seem to follow true logic in their decisions so honestly we can only wait and see.
Yeah, chances are the reasons for new difficulty are connected to Metzen's story: Players need to enter a new difficulty to experience the true TORMENT

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I had a great return to D3 and finished paragon 100 and then some on another char.

Going to cash out with a few items worth over 2bil that I'd sell to pals for the 2bil AH equivalent.

The 5.5 crit Mempo went fast if you mighta been interested.

Minus that, I still have a rather godly spike trap/tank setup. It rides like a big Caddy. Smooth to play and luxurious damage/sustain without tons of headache kiting and deaths.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Can I have your monk's axe?

I wonder if desocketing marquise gems removes BoA.

Oh, haven't seen this discussed here yet:

HeroDetails.txt
*Life Steal is less effective when you are higher level.
*At level 60, Life Steal gains a 0.10x multiplier.
*At level 70, Life Steal no longer functions.
That was datamined on Friday. If true, why kill off life steal? With a lot of skills gaining scaling based on LoH(or adding TO LoH), I thought they(LoH vs LS) could be balanced. I will admit I don't like that LS can only be found on weapons, which might have added to their decision.

Yes, I know barbs can get it on their belts. Fuck barbs. That is such a huge advantage. Oh, yay, I can regen spirit on my helm...

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Can I have your monk's axe?

I wonder if desocketing marquise gems removes BoA.

Oh, haven't seen this discussed here yet:

That was datamined on Friday. If true, why kill off life steal? With a lot of skills gaining scaling based on LoH(or adding TO LoH), I thought they(LoH vs LS) could be balanced. I will admit I don't like that LS can only be found on weapons, which might have added to their decision.

Yes, I know barbs can get it on their belts. Fuck barbs. That is such a huge advantage. Oh, yay, I can regen spirit on my helm...
LOL Tuco is going to cry if this is true.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think they are getting rid of LS because no matter how badly they nerf it (and, honestly, when the game was released I thought in Inferno it would always be worthless due to how much it scaled down) eventually gear seems to catch up and it makes you have that infinite life deal that happened in D2. I think this is the right way to go to completely get rid of it.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it's one of those stats that is either useless or overshadows any defensive stats at some point. I'm still surprised they keep the primary stat bullshit, something that increases your damage by 2500+% is interesting ... D2 nailed it, just drop attack/armor rating because it led to needless RNG, it's not hard Blizzard.

axeman_sl

shitlord
God, the console version is just so broken. Each difficulty iseasierthan the last because you find a legendary with your class' main stat on it every five minutes. Normal is okayish, nightmare is easier than normal, hell is easier than nightmare, and inferno is easier than hell. It's so backwards. It's a little tragic because the port is otherwise excellent in terms of mechanics and such, they've just completely fucked up the difficulty to the point where it feels fundamentally broken.

Console D3 is one of the easiest video games I have played in my entire life, there's not a shred of challenge in it. Even if you crank it up to higher master levels, it only stays tough for a little while before you get spoonfed another batch of insanely overpowered items and can commence the facerolling. Anything prior to Master 3 is effortless, and then 3/4/5 each have a very brief window where it isn't just completely roflstomp (but mostly because the mobs have high HP, not because it's actually difficult) and then you invariably scale past so fast that I have to assume nobody tested it before release.

I think they should have chosen either the ridiculously high rate of legendary dropsormaking it so every item you find has your main stat on it, not both. It's way over the top. I honestly think it was enough to just scale up the stats on items, they've increased str/dex/int/vit on items by like 50% across the board which is more than sufficient. The whole legendary festival just breaks the game completely.

Oh, haven't seen this discussed here yetThat was datamined on Friday. If true, why kill off life steal? With a lot of skills gaining scaling based on LoH(or adding TO LoH), I thought they(LoH vs LS) could be balanced. I will admit I don't like that LS can only be found on weapons, which might have added to their decision.
Because it makes DPS the only stat that matters. When your offense becomes your defense, you're free to just pour everything into offense without any need to balance things out. When people talk about their characters, notice how DPS is the only value anybody ever mentions or cares about. As long as you have just enough HP/armor/resists to not get instagibbed, DPS is all that matters because it does everything thanks to life steal.

It's actually a huge part of what makes it the best class. Barbarians have a few distinct advantages that nobody can match: the ability to get 6% life steal without any on their weapons, the ability to get an absolutely retarded +18% crit chance passively, and 100% uptime on their speed boost. No other class comes close to this. This makes it so much easier for a barbarian to reach important gear goals (6% LS, 40%+ crit chance), and also makes it the fastest, most efficient class for farming due to permasprint. It's so overpowered it hurts. Seems they're getting the nerf bat really hard in the expansion, though. The diablo series has always had one class that was just infinitely better than all the others - sorceror in D1, sorceress in D2 (and then hammerdin once they introduced that teleport runeword), and now barbarian in D3. It'll be interesting to see if they can even things out a little or if the crown just passes to a different class.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I started the game with nothing, single player - never grouping with anyone online - on Hard and almost immediately went up to Master 1 as soon as I found just *barely* enough decent gear to slide by so it's important to note that my experience with the console version was perhaps a little unothordox to what most of your average players experience would be. That being said, I was inclined to argue a few points against Axeman's post, but after thinking it over and realizing what I've done with my DH since level 45 upon finding my +26 bonus exp legendary ring and hit 60 within no time...then after that, started on Master2/3 and found a weapon/bracer/quiver combination that honestly trivialized the entire rest of the 3 acts I had left in that mode...It is rather ridiculous.

Solid points overall, but I especially agree with 'either drop legendaries a lot without the primary boost or vise versa'. That seems to be a fair solution in some ways, but it seems like there will always be a problem with Diablo 3's loot formula - what the hell is really going on here?

edit: Another thing I always noticed but never really pinpointed until you said it was the fact that the game never did get harder, it just took longer to kill enemies. Which in a lot of ways is really boring. At higher modes, the elite packs have more skills they can use and that was legitimately harder to deal with but only for a while because in a couple of hours you could just slam the entire pack down without taking any damage and if you did, with a Templar heal/guardian skill with high tank stats and so many evasion techniques PLUS potions, globes and LOH/LS/Life on Kill it's like, what? It really isn't any harder at all. Oh and healing wells.