Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The game *feels* more like Diablo 2 now more than ever. For the most part BiS are named items. Sure you can get rares that are great (arguably better) in certain slots competing with the named BiS. Rares are still BiS in other slots. So every item that drops can have some worth. Runs actually feel worthwhile between PL and increased rate of set/legendary drops. I've only been back maybe 1.5-2 weeks and I've gotten something like 5 legendaries and 3 sets. I don't even play a whole ton.

The only downside right now is until they fix mob density in Act1/2 there is zero reason to run those acts for XP/loot. Act3 is just way more efficient.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I believe that's the problem, the game is trying to come close to D2, not be better. There's way less variety ATM with basically 1-2 optimal ways through A3 and that's about it. I'm going to say it again, the guy who thought forcing all the animations and cutscenes into a game that's designed to be repeated thousand of times needs to be kicked in the balls every day for a year.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hm I'd disagree. NV makes it so the optimal path is just going around killing elites. Sure you can take the "absolute most optimal" path which may lead you to find 2 more elites than the less-than-optimal path but it isn't so insanely good you are forced into doing that path. Hell you could even run Act1 if you're really only concerned with kill elites. Act3's only real difference is that the mob density makes it's XP far, far better than Act1. We're all pretending like Diablo2 wasn't nothing but Pindle/Meph/Baal runs over and over and over with zero variation. At least in Diablo3 you're not sure what elites you're going to run into and what their properties will be. I also find my majority of legendaries/sets from white trash mobs. I think I've only found 1 set and 1 legendary from elite packs compared to the 4+ legendaries from just random shit I killed.

And the cutscenes/text boxes/voice overs isn't exactly a big deal. Just mash space bar. Can skip all dialog in a few seconds.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I played D2 for the mods, so until Runic gets off their ass, all the modern hack n slash games are failures for now.

I might be less pissed about the game if I didn't feel like I /could/ be having more fun if I had more money or better gear, but to do that I would have to grind through the deaths while waiting for the mythical drop that would allow me to afford better gear. So my time is better spent elsewhere for now.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
I haven't played since trying out the NV addition. Unfortunately it never captured my attention. I did manage to take away $200.00 from it however, so I feel like it was worth the effort.

This was probably the biggest disappointment (gaming wise) I've ever had.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
yeah I am thinking about getting back into it as I have limited time to really game with my son being born in 2 weeks. games I can pause at a moments notice are at a premium right now

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
yeah I am thinking about getting back into it as I have limited time to really game with my son being born in 2 weeks. games I can pause at a moments notice are at a premium right now
As a guy with a 2 year old and another kid on the way, this is totally true. BL2 is also pretty good.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Hm I'd disagree. NV makes it so the optimal path is just going around killing elites. Sure you can take the "absolute most optimal" path which may lead you to find 2 more elites than the less-than-optimal path but it isn't so insanely good you are forced into doing that path. Hell you could even run Act1 if you're really only concerned with kill elites. Act3's only real difference is that the mob density makes it's XP far, far better than Act1. We're all pretending like Diablo2 wasn't nothing but Pindle/Meph/Baal runs over and over and over with zero variation. At least in Diablo3 you're not sure what elites you're going to run into and what their properties will be. I also find my majority of legendaries/sets from white trash mobs. I think I've only found 1 set and 1 legendary from elite packs compared to the 4+ legendaries from just random shit I killed.
Who cares what kind of elites they meet?

The most efficient farming is MP0, and any half decent char is going to 2 shot elites anyway.

Also, you wrote yourself that most legendaries drop from trash mobs, and since you know that act 3 has the highest density of those, you understand anyone not running act 3 is wasting time.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Quick question for you veterans that run mp10 ubers. What is the ballpark range for stats to run this? Also, do alot of people sell uber run carries at mp10?

kemuel

Lord Nagafen Raider
What class are youi? and sure you theoretically can do UBERS10, but it's pretty difficult due to the bosses they actually put in.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The reason monk spirit spenders are getting damage boosts is largely because of their animations being awful and slow, and their coefficients being equally terrible. That's why monks just run their primary attack and a bunch of % bonuses, it's just more dps and more safety than ever using a spender right now. Maybe those changes will fix that.

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Quick question for you veterans that run mp10 ubers. What is the ballpark range for stats to run this? Also, do alot of people sell uber run carries at mp10?
Varies a lot by class and spec. 200k dps DH and 200k dps CM Wizard is totally different real world dps. Quite a few people sell carries on the official forums, and most of the class forums and even the trade forum will have people doing it for free (just need to wait your turn if there is a queue). My friend has gotten a lot of carries from public chat, but I haven't wanted to risk it.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
What class are youi? and sure you theoretically can do UBERS10, but it's pretty difficult due to the bosses they actually put in.
I'm a monk, just returned to the game earlier this week. My stats are awful atm, but was just curious so I know what I should be looking foward to. I've been doing key farming on mp4/5 and certain packs still give me issues, so as I said, I got a long way to go.

Here is my profile:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/b...93/hero/243416

Any suggestions or tips on improvement is greatly appreciated.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
I'm a monk, just returned to the game earlier this week. My stats are awful atm, but was just curious so I know what I should be looking foward to. I've been doing key farming on mp4/5 and certain packs still give me issues, so as I said, I got a long way to go.

Here is my profile:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/b...93/hero/243416

Any suggestions or tips on improvement is greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure how much gold you have to spend, but I would say the slot that would give you the biggest change would be your amulet, which is one of your worst items now atm. You should find one with cc > 8.5, and depending on how much gold you have, one with cd and/or ias on it. Also get one with +min/max dmg on it, those tend to be a good dps boost and be undervalued.

Your rings can also be improved quite a bit for not too much gold. Again, focus on cc/cd, +dmg modifiers, and ias if you have the money.

I personally am not a big fan of Inna's. I had the 4-piece like you do, but I switched out because the 4-set bonus wasn't that big a deal. Sure, you can keep SW all the time, which is super nice in lower MPs since shit dies so quickly, but at higher MPs it's not that big a loss to refresh, since by the time something dies, *usually* something is nearby, and if not, no big deal to get back up to 3 stacks. With that in mind, I would suggest getting a Mempo's for your helm, and Witching hour for your belt. Mempo's can be had for under 10 million, but a Witching Hour will run you a lot of gold for a good one, so maybe just a long term goal if you decide to go that route.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
me too, even though no kid yet... just wanting something to be able to mess with for an hour or so a night.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Fuck it I'll just update it, but if this game still sucks I'm going to shoot up this forum with mind bullets.