Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
Who cares what kind of elites they meet?

The most efficient farming is MP0, and any half decent char is going to 2 shot elites anyway.

Also, you wrote yourself that most legendaries drop from trash mobs, and since you know that act 3 has the highest density of those, you understand anyone not running act 3 is wasting time.
Well, yes and no.

MP0 is the most efficient for paragon farming, ie getting experience. You want to kill shit the fastest without slowing down.

I did this with my monk using a tempest rush build just like everyone else.....and I honestly wanted to stab my eyes out. It gets soooo boring after a while, a little while in my case.

MP0 is NOT good for key farming (obviously), and imo it's not good for item farming either. The MF boost from MP's is significant, if not the EXP boost. The difference between MP0 and MP 5 for experience is only 60%, but the difference between MP0 and MP5 for magic find is 125%. Which is why in the next patch 1.07 you'll notice they are upping the EXP boost significantly for MP levels, but not the MF.

When I did MP0 runs, I got my paragon levels up quickly, but I really didn't find that many great items. Currently I am running MP 6-7 runs using a conviction/SW build, and I usually find 2 or 3 epic items per run....of course 90% of them are trash, but that's a different point entirely =) When I was doing MP0 runs, I would find an legendary/set item on average once every other run.

Also, higher MP runs hold my interest more. I understand it's not the most "efficient" way to get exp by any means, but the next patch will change that. However, I do feel it's the best balance between exp and getting better items.

I do agree that Act 3 is still the best act to do runs regardless of MP level because of mob density, but again, you aren't going to lose a whole lot by going down to act 1 or 2 just for variety. I also do act 1 and 2 not just to change it up a little but also to get keys.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Don't scoff or pass by the 36% at MP5 to get a bonus item as well. With NV5 on MP5 I'm near 300% MF so that is another shot at the slot machine 36% of the time. I think that is why I find most of my high tier loot off white trash. They simply have a very good chance of dropping it.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
See I want to play this more now that my semester is easier, but with an upcoming big patch, I should just wait. Hope it hits live fast.

Tenks

Maybe if you're a Monk/Sorc you could wait. If you're not those classes I don't see any changes there that I'm chomping at the bit to get on live.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What's the current state on pet centric WD? It was shit back when I played, I remember in some patch they made them scale better but I doubt they're any good. Is there even a WD build that's good? Everytime I see people talking about D3, it's barb stuff and on the last 2 pages it was just wizard/monk talk(most of it because of the buffs in next patch I guess) and I'm sure DH is just fine since it was near broken basically since release.

Thinking of playing this for a week or so before PoE release but I basically only have an interest in a pet spec so if I can't I'll probably just reinstall D2 and play a necro or a druid summoner or some shit.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Quite a few of my friends are doing well with some sort of wd pet spec where they have low or no cooldown on some summons, so can chain sacrifice them. As for them staying out, I don't know how viable they are at the higher mp levels, but I'm sure its fine on the lower mp lvls.

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
Quite a few of my friends are doing well with some sort of wd pet spec where they have low or no cooldown on some summons, so can chain sacrifice them. As for them staying out, I don't know how viable they are at the higher mp levels, but I'm sure its fine on the lower mp lvls.
Friend of mine is running a WD pet spec like that and is using the talent that gives your pets your thorns / HP regen per second and half his gear have that stat so his pets rarely die on lower MPs

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
No, the patch is on the PTR. It's gonna takes a few weeks to a month for it to get patched on live.

Did they add commas to the AH and trade windows? Didn't see that mentioned in the notes.

I have a P35 Monk and P10 Wizard. Pretty stoked for this patch and will definitely be checking it out once it hits live sometime in June.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am still waiting on a patch that states " In the options section, check boxes have been added that allow a person to turn off visible loot from mobs that include the following " Common white drop", Blue magic drop, and Rare drops. Not that I care so much about rares, since they can still be worth a lot, but I am sick of having to dance around white item drops and blue item drops. I imagine though that perhps they are left there for botters...

Otherwise I like this patch. Love the "Recipes drop rates have been increased by 400%" portion since I am still missing many of them. Also, thankyou for the distance improvement to gold pickup...

Tenks

Blues have more of a purpose now since crafting mats are actually worthwhile. I'd prefer an ilvl filter way more than a loot quality filter. That way I don't need to alt-hover over a Mombabi Mask for the 50th time to realize it is just ilvl 60 and I don't want to pick it up to DE.

Also Tomes of Secrets have shot up in value. Like 4k per.

Tenks

Yeah they need to make your character do like 10% of it's damage in PvP. I don't think anyone is shocked considering one tick from Rend does more damage than my character has health and I get multi-million crits from HOTA.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
Blues have more of a purpose now since crafting mats are actually worthwhile. I'd prefer an ilvl filter way more than a loot quality filter. That way I don't need to alt-hover over a Mombabi Mask for the 50th time to realize it is just ilvl 60 and I don't want to pick it up to DE.
You know that stats are based off of mlvl now and not ilvl, right?

Yasp_sl

shitlord
Fuck everyone posting in this thread for tempting me to reinstall this stupid game.
Don't do it, I logged on with my highest character who I really quit playing a month into the game. Everyone that's been playing is WAY ahead of the curve constantly... the game is STILL just a huge gear grind to "pew pew big numbers wooo!!!". There is no other incentive to play unless you find this fun.

The updated graphics look cool though.. the game will constantly be broken with OP builds that shred through acts in no time if you got 25+million in gold gear.

Look dad I can farm EVEN faster now, this is fun! The game feels like sort of sado-masochist sweatshop simulator.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Don't do it, I logged on with my highest character who I really quit playing a month into the game. Everyone that's been playing is WAY ahead of the curve constantly... the game is STILL just a huge gear grind to "pew pew big numbers wooo!!!". There is no other incentive to play unless you find this fun.

The updated graphics look cool though.. the game will constantly be broken with OP builds that shred through acts in no time if you got 25+million in gold gear.

Look dad I can farm EVEN faster now, this is fun! The game feels like sort of sado-masochist sweatshop simulator.
I don't think you understand how games like this are supposed to work ...