Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Xevy

Log Wizard
Isn't stuff like Sweep?ng Winds and 7sidedstrikes a ton better with a slow weapon since they do their damage at set intervals so all that matters is your damage range, which obviously is much higher with 2H? If you wanna bother maybe you could try without either of these, basically just builder/spender, stuff that scales on attackspeed. Also obviously one run can have wide variation if you crit a lot, especially with a 100%crit dmg difference.
Yeah I did previously testing way back when and Cyclone especially used to, probably still does, benefit a shit ton more from a 2hander. I don't remember the exact mathz behind it, but it came to something about it going off the weapon that procs its damage. The 'twice as much proccing' was thought to counter this with DW, but I don't think it does.

When I'm done Titanfalling maybe I'll just WoTF him to death tonight.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
A buddy of mine I run with is been testing a lot of WD builds but hasn't been very happy thus far. I play Wiz or Monk and have little to no experience with one. Anyone have a good build to share? His build ADD is killing me. haha

EDIT: WD... Witch Doctor. Some reason I had Witch Hunter on the brain. Sorry

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know if this is a popular WD build or if it scales at all but I'm having an absolute blast with it.

March - Community - Diablo III

The idea is basically a bunch of cooldown spells which you use Grave Injustice so you can limit their cooldown. For trash I just turn myself into a chicken via hex, run into the pack and blow up. Then cast Grasping and Soul and mostly everything is dead at that point. For elites I summon my gargantuan and fetish packs and it rips them down very quickly. My gear is still shit so who knows if this build will scale with MP levels.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Is there a rerolled clan/guild? If so, can I get an invite plz?

Tortfeasor#1763

Also, stoked I got this drop tonight.

rrr_img_62514.jpg

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Is there a rerolled clan/guild? If so, can I get an invite plz?

Tortfeasor#1763

Also, stoked I got this drop tonight.

rrr_img_62514.jpg
You lucky bastard. You're one step away from insane dps. That and a Thunderfury is pure fucking ownage as a lightning monk. That combo is what I want my monk to dual wield.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
What skills do you guys spec for lightning Monk? The Spirit gens all feel really clunky to me for lightning

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Lightning spirit gens all suck. Since they fixed that physical damage "bug", I'm just going to stick to proc weapons and hope FoF's superior dps and proc(hit) coefficient makes up for the lack of physical% items I won't be wearing.

niss_sl

shitlord
Anyone else having what seems to be major computer lag? I played just fine a couple of hours ago and I'ts unplayable now. I've restarted computer several times

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just retested T2 Azmodan kill with 68million hp; Only used WothF:Fists of Fury and spammed Mantra of Conviction. Nothing else.

DW: 1:21 seconds
0.84m dps

Skorn: 60 seconds
1.13m dps

Still 6k stat sheet difference, but still 25% effective dps difference.

Xevy

Log Wizard
In other news:

I'd wager that Diablo does, indeed, have higher chances of dropping set items now. It's happened too often in too few runs to be a coincidence.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Emergency Hotfix

Diablo was dropping set items with a high frequency. Our players were enjoying this, and player enjoyment is something we are very passionately against, so we have removed Diablo from the game.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Selling soul for monk, wizard, or WD set pieces. Of course, the only class set piece I've gotten since patch from 72 paragon to 128 paragon is fucking barb gloves.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So far only 1/3 on set items on Diablo. Since I finally hit 100+ Paragon I'll probably just do speedruns on normal from now on, strafe+tactical advantage+hot pursuit just going full speed through the map, shit's pretty hilarious and since you kill a bunch of shit you also get decent chances for legendaries.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'm on the speedrun normals plan now as well. Up to paragon 13x something or other so don't really care anymore, all about finding more of my fuckin Tal set at this point.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Emergency Hotfix

Diablo was dropping set items with a high frequency. Our players were enjoying this, and player enjoyment is something we are very passionately against, so we have removed Diablo from the game.
When I started to read that line, I actually thought it was true. It is amazing how Blizzard will nerf things over and over and yet players find other ways. One day Blizzard will figure out that player play a game the way they want to. Usually this is based on the way of least resistance.

What I do not understand at this point is why it matters if a play reaches paragon 1 Million. The AH is dead and so goes the incentive to be super powerful. Until there is another carrot on the stick, it will never matter.

Do the set pieces level up with the character or does everyone have to recollect the pieces at 70th? If you have to recollect the pieces, why the desperation?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just retested T2 Azmodan kill with 68million hp; Only used WothF:Fists of Fury and spammed Mantra of Conviction. Nothing else.

DW: 1:21 seconds
0.84m dps

Skorn: 60 seconds
1.13m dps

Still 6k stat sheet difference, but still 25% effective dps difference.
The sheet dps is a good overall metric but it doesn't take into effect those orange diamond mods on gear. Your main hands weapon damage is what skills use, so having a high damage weapon when using two 1h in your main hand is what its taking into account and not the average of the 2 like your dps sheet shows. According to the monk sheet that's the highest DPS spirit builder too.

[2.0 Mechanics] Spirit Generators: Quick Ref. - Forums - Diablo III

^ Not if I want to use WoTHF because of its DPS or to use something with higher spirit gen for better dumps.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Do the set pieces level up with the character or does everyone have to recollect the pieces at 70th? If you have to recollect the pieces, why the desperation?
Have to collect them again, but the set bonus on the new sets are really good, probably good enough that it wouldn't be worth replacing them or only temporarily. The thing is if you drop one piece of the set at 70, you can reuse your 60pieces to complete one of the set bonus and get an advantage like that. You use your 60 gear as filler until you have collected the entire set of 70 which would take a while.

I got one of the 2 crossbows part of the vault set earlier, I definitely hope I can get the other but meh, sounds fairly unlikely.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had not thought of that. That makes since. Speaking of items that went way up in value, Legacy Puzzle Rings go for $$$. I will keep my Str one but sold my dex one for 89 Mil.

Has anybody ever gotten a legendary off a goblin yet? I have spawned and killed dozens of the little guys and have yet to see a legendary drop off one.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Finally getting internet at my new house today. Funny how I have tons of offline games but this is the one I've been wanting to play. Fuck you blizzard