Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Been playing wizard. Little squishy, but takes less damage. Seems to kill faster than my monk but can't seem to replicate the mobility I had on my monk though. Zipping about at 85% run speed between packs makes the wizard slow as shit. Any way to replicate this on the wizard? Currently playing cookie cutter electrocute/FO.
I've played both monk and wizard extensively and haven't found a skillset that makes the wizard anywhere near as mobile. I imagine that's working as intended, though...

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
So just got this on my wiz, shame it won't be useful for too long once crusader can use it

rrr_img_62675.jpg

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That thing is ridiculous.

Only real option for wiz mobility is to run teleport+wormhole, you can spam out 4 teleports before it goes on cooldown which usually gets you in to another decent pack of mobs. Otherwise lightning armor has a rune for 30% runspeed when you get hit, but it's kind of meh.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Someone linked this in chat - is this real? I thought crit damage didn't roll that high anymore?
It does on legendaries, on certain slots. I have an amulet with 67% and the range that shows when you hold control is 51-100%.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It can on legendaries. Rares are capped much lower now, 30% gloves/50% amulets. IAS capped at 5% everywhere outside legendaries as well. My Tals amulet is 94? or so crit damage, can be as high as 100.

Someone hit the fuckin jackpot with that one though.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Been playing wizard. Little squishy, but takes less damage.
Try using magic weapon with deflection rune. Encases you in a magic shield bubble whenever you do damage. That's what I use when farming torment 3 on my wizard and it helps out with my survivability.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Someone linked this in chat - is this real? I thought crit damage didn't roll that high anymore?
rrr_img_62681.jpg
A friend of mine got an even better Rakoff's Glass of Life... it rolled Strength while he was on his Wizard though.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Ladders are awesome and basically required in these kinds of games to curb inflation with the frequent economy resets. With everything becoming soulbound in the expansion, there won't be an economy to reset, so what exactly is the point of ladders anymore? Epeen bragging rights?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I can't imagine ladders being fun in this game. It really just is a way to show the disparity between how much free time people have.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ladders are awesome and basically required in these kinds of games to curb inflation with the frequent economy resets. With everything becoming soulbound in the expansion, there won't be an economy to reset, so what exactly is the point of ladders anymore? Epeen bragging rights?
Pretty much, that and lvling new toons is actually enjoyable now so for people that are tired of farming 20+ hours for their next upgrade ladders will be a nice change of pace.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
People are arguing against ladders? The fuck?

LADDERS were D2. People went back to the game years later when there was an update with a ladder reset.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I guess my complaint is that I have no desire to throw away all my progress on my characters to start over for no real tangible benefit. I'm sure at least some of my friends that play D3 will swap to a new ladder though, which means now we won't be able to play together. That makes me sad.

Needless

Toe Sucker
it's not like your character deletes when a ladder ends, they just go non-ladder. If you love the character just keep playing them on non ladder?
There is no downfall to having a ladder at all. They will give ladder only items or something like they did in D2 (ladder specific runewords) to make you want to play it.

I entirely agree with seeing it as an odd addition with everything turning into account bound shit though which is kind of silly. I'm looking forward to it though~

Hake_sl

shitlord
So I just realized you can play master (maybe even torment?) from level 1. Did that in hardcore and had so much fun today. One level every 6 minutes is really fun, especially when you don't know the class yet.

Chris

Potato del Grande
it's not like your character deletes when a ladder ends, they just go non-ladder. If you love the character just keep playing them on non ladder?
There is no downfall to having a ladder at all. They will give ladder only items or something like they did in D2 (ladder specific runewords) to make you want to play it.

I entirely agree with seeing it as an odd addition with everything turning into account bound shit though which is kind of silly. I'm looking forward to it though~
Have a set of Paragon stats which reset every ladder season.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am curious how they will handle ladder. You only have so many character slots where as in D2 you could just make as many accounts as you felt like. Also one of the things that made ladder exciting if you will was the gear reset and even playing ground, but usually they had a section of gear/runewords/whatever that was only available to the ladder.

Edit: Of course on the other hand I am going to laugh my ass off because if it's a complete reset system then it's a huge fuck you to all the shit donkeys buying gold and perfect witching hours with %life, ect. before the Reaper launches. Expect tears and charge backs on mommies CC if they do just that.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It'll just be a list of who has the most exp, to be fixed into something relevent next expansion.