Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
They better have a level 70 set up for unlimited vaulting, because I am going to miss the shit out of it.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Ditto, I just bought Reaper, and am reinstalling now. Pretty sure my only char was a max lvl monk, stopped playing long before the paragon levels/infernal machine stuff. So.. I'm sure I have some catching up to do. Clan invites how?

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sent a request for a clan invite, looks full? Wasn't sure if the second RR guild was legit, if so I can just jump in that one. Archaleus#1384 I think is my handle.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
They ninja hooked up Australian local servers last night, getting a ping for 106ms for the first time ever in a Blizzard game. feelsgood.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They better have a level 70 set up for unlimited vaulting, because I am going to miss the shit out of it.
Not sure what you mean but every legendary and set items scale up to 70, just like they scale up to 60 atm. They drop at the same level as you are. So they don't need a set, you'll just need to find the same items again once you're 70.

Elerion

N00b
man this is gonna take forever.

Oh well, back to farming I guess.....not sure I have it in me to farm up dozens of the machines though and I can't do Torment4 so I'm sure I'll need way more than that.
You can farm keys solo fine, but don't do ubers solo. You need 12 machines of your own to open 3 portals four times. In a group of 4, you need 3 machines each to do the same. Join the RR clan or just ask in general chat or whatever, get a full group and preserve some of your sanity.

Considering the body parts are kind of rare, and you might even get unlucky and craft a shitty Hellfire ring (one of my two rings is rubbish), you'll be farming for an eternity if you insist on going solo.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah it's much faster as a group, I did it solo both for the challenge and cause I didn't know anyone who'd come anyway but it's definitely not really worth it. Also torment 4 was mostly because of being a DH, I don't think other classes would do it as easily. I mean, at the gear level I had, which was fairly shit, like 650k toughness(before build changes specifically for ubers, more like 800k to 1million depending on which I fought) and 70k DPS, which was very very low stats. Think I still had a 1k DPS rare crossbow when I did it.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
So I have some friends playing this again. I quit after I killed inferno diablo right after they nerfed him and got bored of playing the AH more than the game. As someone who has been playing Path of Exile and really dug it, is there anything here in RoS that would make it worth coming back? From what I gather everything scales to your level now and there's no more AH, so do most people just farm the most efficient areas over and over to level? What's the draw of playing now?

Column_sl

shitlord
I just did my first T6 run, and pretty unhappy with WD.

Not sure why you would even bring them along, seems like it would be better to have more wizards...

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just did my first T6 run, and pretty unhappy with WD.

Not sure why you would even bring them along, seems like it would be better to have more wizards...
Slam Dance for elites and champions basically doubling anyones sheet dps.

So I have some friends playing this again. I quit after I killed inferno diablo right after they nerfed him and got bored of playing the AH more than the game. As someone who has been playing Path of Exile and really dug it, is there anything here in RoS that would make it worth coming back? From what I gather everything scales to your level now and there's no more AH, so do most people just farm the most efficient areas over and over to level? What's the draw of playing now?
The legendaries are now like PoE's where they define the skills youll be using and builds to some extent. When RoS drops they are bringing what we would consider maps in PoE via Rifts. Not sure if they are exactly like PoE where the difficulty is ramped up considerably and you get a big boss but its something along those lines. They are also adding bounties which drop those Rift keys / parts, you get 5 an act and each drops a shard to make a key + loot and gold.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah ,I'm using Slam Dance, but it feels like that is all I'm good for in the group. =/
Piranha is really good and otherwise WD's damage is pretty high if there's a monk grouping up shit. Slam Dance is worth the spot definitely I'd say. Wizards are at a spot currently though where you can just brind more wizards and not hurt anyway, and it's arguably even better in ros with black hole if you set up a rotation, so yeah you can say that about every classes, but I think WDs are fine overall, even though I hated their playstyle(mostly hated mana, and pets being still kinda eh).

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Blizzard is going to nerf the fun Wizards instead of bringing other classes up to similar levels of fun.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea, my money is on electrocute and frozen orb taking a beating here at some point.

Why is there no bonus fury on crit stat for barbarians?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure if anyone posted this but this is the end result of the design a legendary Blizzard held.

rrr_img_63027.png
no socket? pass.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah ,I'm using Slam Dance, but it feels like that is all I'm good for in the group. =/
Utility, its the only reason to bring a dh instead of another wizard along also, you can use the dh for wolf and mark for death.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yea, my money is on electrocute and frozen orb taking a beating here at some point.

Why is there no bonus fury on crit stat for barbarians?
Or rune for that matter, I guess everyone would use the rune and that goes against their vision.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Frozen Orb is not that op or broken..... Arcane comet builds with torrent / disruption that are also geared for arcane do substantially more damage than frozen orb builds. Especially since most of the wizards w/o 4pc that run Arcane synergize it with TP + Calamity (which chain refreshes and crits for millions). The only reason I even switched from arcane to frozen orb was for the 4pc proc personally.