Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So have they said yet that they fucked up by nerfing the fuck out of fury gen when all they needed to do was change the thrive on chaos rune, which was the sole reason why Barbs were so powerful in the first place?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
With at least a 4 piece setRhenho Flayer - Game Guide - Diablo IIIandMask of Jeram - Game Guide - Diablo III, or addHomunculus - Game Guide - Diablo IIIand you can switch out dogs with spirit walk or whatever.
Witch Doctor - Game Guide - Diablo IIIBasically you let your pets and wall of zombies clump mobs while you toad them to death, homing toads that strike twice and cause confusion is nuts. Tweak pets to your style, once you can slot midnight feast pets will be insane damage.
Why toads vs channel-free bats?

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm pretty sure the timer averages about 2 hours.
Blue post said 90 minutes. Just looked can't find it, but there's a bunch of people referring to the post without linking it. Dicks.

The way the 'safety' net shit works is at a certain point your chance to find a legendary increases over time until you get one, then it resets. No one has blizz confirmation on whether it starts at 90 minutes or it 'gives up' at 90 minutes. Most people doing long runs and doing timers have indicated that the biggest gap they've seen is 90 minutes indicating that would be the 'give up' time.

Basically, I want more than a fucking 2hand axe from Diablo. The clear before I got 5 legendaries in about 2.5hours. They were all gargbage, but at least I saw them.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The game can track in combat time to prevent you from changing skills during boss events, so I'm sure it's not in game time.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So, set on normal, put some +regen gear on, stand around by some mobs, maybe have some macroed buffs... it could work!

... if they didn't think this through very well.

Tooken_sl

shitlord
Just started playing again and pre ordered the expansion. All I can say is WOW I'm lost. I was running a fun TR build on my Monk a few months ago. It doesn't seem to be nearly as good as it was. >_< Sent a request to join the clan. My tag is Jmo#1740.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Depends on what you mean by "TR build". Brain dead farming? Still works. As an on-demand movement skill? Nope, pretty much dead.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, set on normal, put some +regen gear on, stand around by some mobs... it could work!

... if they didn't think this through very well.
I guess it could work if you stood around something that infinitely generated mobs and had lots of thorns and regen on your gear. You need a botting program to pick up the legos though. Is it worth risking your account to accumulate some soulbound legos?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I guess it could work if you stood around something that infinitely generated mobs and had lots of thorns and regen on your gear. You need a botting program to pick up the legos though. Is it worth risking your account to accumulate some soulbound legos?
That's the question - do you need to actually kill anything, or just stand there "in combat." I mean, these are the same idiots that beat Barbarians over the head with a sledge hammer when all they needed to change was one of the two stupidly designed runes that led to perma wrath. There was no reason for them to touch other forms of fury gen whatsoever.

In fact, what they should have done is nerf thrive on chaos, remove the fury on crit rune from battle rage, and then BUFF the fury from builders. Like they did for monks. Instead, they nerfed both of the problem runes and then also nerfed fury from builders on top of that for no fucking reason at all.

So if they are that stupid, then surely standing next to a bunch of mobs for 90 minutes will work.

Column_sl

shitlord
This is the only game I'm tempted to bot Paragon points on, but my damn Diablo account is linked to my WOW, and Hearthstone account.
Can't take the chance of losing those.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So if they are that stupid, then surely standing next to a bunch of mobs for 90 minutes will work.
The moment you enter a boss room, you're in combat--even before you trigger the cutscene. Just go into Ghom's larder or whatever boss you prefer and sit there for ~2 hours without timing out then kill him and see if you get a legendary. Hell, maybe I'll try it today while I'm playing Dark Souls 2 at the same time.

Xevy - If you're going to speed farm quest resets, you should always make sure you get a normal legendary drop before you go kill Diablo even if it means farming Core of Arreat for a while instead of continuing on. Otherwise the whole process was a waste of time. And the safety net timer may start at 90 minutes but it doesn't instantly kick your drop chance up to 100%; it's a slow ramp-up until you get one.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't know if being in the room is combat though, but in normal with say the DH passive for 4.5%max hp per second and a shield you could probably stand still and not die to bosses anyway and see if it works. Could be done with trash mobs too for that matter, might actually be more interesting, aggro random zombie in act1, go afk for 3hours, come back, kill zombie, see if it drops a legendary.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Standing around will just get you disconnected. They added that in when people would stand around letting thorns kill those summoned spiders from the obelisks in act II.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Don't know if being in the room is combat though
It is, I used to farm Ghom runs and I would switch out a passive before him, but half the time I'd forget before entering the larder. Once you're inside you can't change anything.

And yeah Hatorade, you'd have to make sure you don't even get flagged afk or I'm sure that would pause the timer too. My PS3 and PC are right next to each other so it would be easy for me to test without having to actually get up every few minutes.