Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Frozen Orb is not that op or broken..... Arcane comet builds with torrent / disruption that are also geared for arcane do substantially more damage than frozen orb builds. Especially since most of the wizards w/o 4pc that run Arcane synergize it with TP + Calamity (which chain refreshes and crits for millions). The only reason I even switched from arcane to frozen orb was for the 4pc proc personally.
I have to try this... I never understood why Teleport was so important.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How does TP chain refresh if you're stunning the mobs around you? I'm assuming you're using Illusionist to refresh it.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good question. I guess I need to see a build with it and not just assume I can sub TP for hydra or something.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Can you link that arcane build Krassus? I have the 25% arcane neck (three of them) and I've just been using beam w/explode and haven't really figured out what else is effective beyond abilities that just stack damage mods. Like I'm not even sure why I'd use meteor or any other spender when beam does the same damage for half the cost and hits every enemy in a line vs a small circle. And torrent vs bosses is fucking insane. With the 80% slow passive, I barely ever get touched by anything.

I'm level 45 on master and the only problem I'm having is the XP is so good that my gear is falling behind now, so I'm better off dropping back to expert.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It's accurate, but that doesn't mean that the majority of people are idiots and have a good idea of what builds are effective. Though, if lots of people are using certain builds, they're hopefully at least fun.
The only way the barbarian builds are up to date is if every barbarian is too busy gearing up a new class to change out of their broken old build. The top builds are showing nerfed passives, nerfed runes, and an overall nerfed to fuck build that won't function at all now.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
The only way the barbarian builds are up to date is if every barbarian is too busy gearing up a new class to change out of their broken old build. The top builds are showing nerfed passives, nerfed runes, and an overall nerfed to fuck build that won't function at all now.
The most popular build is used by 1.51% of the entire Barb population, and it's the pre-2.0 whirlwind build. That just means that there are more people who haven't played since 2.0 than there are people who can decide on a single build to use now; everyone is experimenting.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Is there a good place to see the best builds out there? I'd like to look at some WD builds.
Sounds like a good job for Diablo Junkies
wink.png

Seriously though... I dig around, ask others, or just happen upon them most of the time. My friend and I both play Wizards and we mess around with builds so much i'm really not sure if there's a primary source that would be competent or not. There probably is but I haven't see links to anything consistently that would put you in the mind of Mobafire for LoL.

Anyway, one thing I try to keep in mind is that builds also take into consideration playstyle and fun factor. The electrocute build that I am currently using is much more effective than my Frost build but I like my frost build just because it's a preference. I love out a little on the bottom line in terms of damage but I can accomplish pretty much anything and I like it. People also create builds to accommodate gear choices. Then you have those that naturally try to maximize damage. Fads also come and go but overall, it's cool to look at what people are doing but take into consideration what you want your build to accomplish. I'm sure most are posting whatever supports their primary role but read between the lines of what their gear, play style, etc. may be as it has probably guided their decision in some way.

That's honestly what I like about Diablo. In LoL, while I love it, you essentially have certain builds and item sets that are a must give or take a little but in Diablo once you take into consideration a number of things, you can really get a lot of variation and combination in what people are doing and they are all somewhat successful in the their own right.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, builds are highly gear and playstyle dependent now. When I play my wizard, I tend to build him more for "tanking". Sure, he'll never tank as well as a Monk, but I usually use the skills that increase overall toughness. I really hate a glass cannon style of play in ARPGs, which is why I don't enjoy the wizard as much. There are a few obvious choices/awful skills, but 2.0 took a huge step into making classes fairly non cookie cutter.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
no socket? pass.
Most legendaries don't roll with a socket as a base affix. There's 3random magic properties, and the legendary affix is a secondary, that means 1 of them is the other secondary and 2 of them are primary affixes. That's 2 chances for a socket, plus you can reroll whichever you don't want, other stuff you can get is weapon damage %, weapon attack speed, LoH, Vit and then maybe some of the other shit like cooldown reduction.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The most popular build is used by 1.51% of the entire Barb population, and it's the pre-2.0 whirlwind build. That just means that there are more people who haven't played since 2.0 than there are people who can decide on a single build to use now; everyone is experimenting.
They didn't update their parser to throw out character pages that weren't updated after 2.0? Because that's pretty stupid if so.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Oh I don't care what my little level 40-50 WD can do. I'm curious to see what's possible with good gear.
With at least a 4 piece setRhenho Flayer - Game Guide - Diablo IIIandMask of Jeram - Game Guide - Diablo III, or addHomunculus - Game Guide - Diablo IIIand you can switch out dogs with spirit walk or whatever.
Witch Doctor - Game Guide - Diablo IIIBasically you let your pets and wall of zombies clump mobs while you toad them to death, homing toads that strike twice and cause confusion is nuts. Tweak pets to your style, once you can slot midnight feast pets will be insane damage.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've found the best way to make builds is to check out the armory of other players that you think might be good and work around what they've done. It's not like back in WoW where you would have the ultimate Mortal Strike build that everyone used. You tailor your build to your play style and gear and go from there. Experimentation is fun. There were a few cookie cutter builds that everyone used (WW Barb, early DH builds when game first came out), but mostly now I see a lot of variation.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah plus there's not much competition aspect anyway, as long as you're killing shit at a pace you find acceptable, you might as well play the shit you like. For example I like sentries on my DH, I rarely see builds with them but I think they're nice so I use them. With many legendaries the way they are anyway I'm sure by the time people figure out the "ultimate" builds, they'll require specific items to work efficiently so following the build will be pointless until you get the drop, since you can't just hop on the AH and buy it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ran the entire Act 1-4 in a little under 2hours. The only legendary I got was on the Diablo kill. Themz leggo timer be brokenz.