Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am sure most of us have a gaming keyboard that we can set marcos on to just cast a buff on repeat if we really wanted to prevent it from going AFK. If that works it's a big oversight, but also how worthwild is it to leave the game running for a few hours for some shitty 2 handers, broken sources, and blackthornes gear.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
That's the question - do you need to actually kill anything, or just stand there "in combat." I mean, these are the same idiots that beat Barbarians over the head with a sledge hammer when all they needed to change was one of the two stupidly designed runes that led to perma wrath. There was no reason for them to touch other forms of fury gen whatsoever.

In fact, what they should have done is nerf thrive on chaos, remove the fury on crit rune from battle rage, and then BUFF the fury from builders. Like they did for monks. Instead, they nerfed both of the problem runes and then also nerfed fury from builders on top of that for no fucking reason at all.

So if they are that stupid, then surely standing next to a bunch of mobs for 90 minutes will work.
I've tested this a bit but no final result yet. It does fit the design though. They want to close the gap between players, so giving everyone a guaranteed legendary every 90 minutes, with a tiny variation based on clearing speed, would fit that plan well.

I also want to test powerlvling a new char to 60 and jumping them to diablo kill for the legendary. That should take, 20-40 minutes?

If only the potential drops motivated me more.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
@Eye - TP refreshes from taking 15% of your life, so you'll want to purposely stand in fire or let mobs whack you a bit while spamming the button. You are never going to PERMA stun lock mobs but you will do what you saw me do on the T5/6 Ubers. If you noticed me in the 20 something we did I was almost always face tanking or near the poison clouds / fire whatever to keep it going. If you want ill pop a machine and show you again or we can do some T6 named to get it down.

@Kreu Ill link you my buddy tonight who runs the meteor one. Arkael also was running the meteor one with torrent, you can look him up in the clan list if he hasn't changed it. This is the 3 basic ones below, youll want arcane dmg boosters like your neck also the other crafted items.

Arcane 1 - Spectral blade (arcane dynamo passive a must) when max stacks you dump with explosive blast as arcane damage. Our lowest DPS Wiz ran this and it felt super strong. I personally never ran this one.
Arcane 2 - Meteor (one I ran) I was using APoC items so I was using Arcane Torrent with disruption for the debuff, Teleport for mobility and it hits for 1m crits and the arcane Meteor to melt.
Arcane 3 - Strongest one of the Wizzies we xp with runs this one. He uses Arcane Orb with the orbs that circle around you, then he will arcane disruption and Teleport into the pack to blow up. Really weird but really effective, basically a melee blow up build like #1.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Regarding legendary drop rate, blue post from January:
The fact that some people claim to go for 10+ hours without finding a legendary is not only not our intent, but should in fact be impossible. We added a system in the expansion that tracks the amount of time you spend fighting creatures without finding a legendary and after a certain period of time will slowly start increasing the legendary drop rate. Once a legendary drops for you, actual item not crafting recipe or material, we reset that timer. This is meant to be a safety net so that the random can never be too extreme to the negative end. If players are legitimately going 18+ hours and not seeing a legendary it's possible that there are some bugs floating around that need to be identified.

And before anyone responds saying TWO HOURS IS TOO LONG! let me say that we know as time goes on and we patch content or players get better gear and find better specs that will not be the reality. Higher difficulties do in fact increase your chance to find legendary items, coupled with people playing in coop also increasing the rate that everyone overall finds items, etc. Our final target is roughly in the 90 minute range for advanced players. This doesn't factor in crafting items, trading with friends in coop or any of the other means that we already know players can use to accelerate their legendary acquisition rate.
And later on:
First the clarification, the timer system that works behind the scenes is meant to be exactly that, behind the scenes. No you can't afk the system, there are a lot of moving pieces to it and we talked about it extensively before we implemented it to guarantee its not exploitable.
Looks like they threw down the gauntlet. To the exploitmobile!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think they admitted to the background code not working shortly after that post. And then double the drop rate too.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I only thought it would work because of how retarded the barb changes are, by nerfing them in ten places where only one (into the fray) was ever really needed. Therefore, there must be nothing but drooling idiots working on the game.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
All the classes still have their questionable balance issues, barbs just stand out right now I guess. For monks, bells are literally pointless as LTK costs less, does more, can stun lock better, is more flexible as far as elemental damage types, and casts faster than bells. A lot of the Mantra runes are still garbage, although a lot less so than before. Monk passives are pretty great and versatile though, despite One With Everything still existing.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's more than likely Avalanche. I read the description on that skill and basically thought "oh, pretty much like Thrive On Chaos". Combine it with the old values of Earthen Might and Animosity and you get 68 fury per Avalanche and Earthquake. Toss in some cooldown reduction and you're basically back to the spend fury to get fury problem. Except this time it's even worse because the old system required monsters to generate fury(Into the Fray). New system just requires skill activations.

But let's not remove that stupid 25 fury = 1s off cooldown clause. Let's just nerf all fury gen to make the feedback look impossible to establish instead. Oh, and leave APOC intact for wizards. kekekek

OWE is basically "you only have 3 passives and 1 secondary stat".

Oh, what does the Tectonic Rift rune do for Avalanche? 3 charges? Base skill mentions nothing about charges. Would be nice to activate that three times in a row with earthen might.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
@Eye - TP refreshes from taking 15% of your life, so you'll want to purposely stand in fire or let mobs whack you a bit while spamming the button. You are never going to PERMA stun lock mobs but you will do what you saw me do on the T5/6 Ubers. If you noticed me in the 20 something we did I was almost always face tanking or near the poison clouds / fire whatever to keep it going. If you want ill pop a machine and show you again or we can do some T6 named to get it down.

@Kreu Ill link you my buddy tonight who runs the meteor one. Arkael also was running the meteor one with torrent, you can look him up in the clan list if he hasn't changed it. This is the 3 basic ones below, youll want arcane dmg boosters like your neck also the other crafted items.

Arcane 1 - Spectral blade (arcane dynamo passive a must) when max stacks you dump with explosive blast as arcane damage. Our lowest DPS Wiz ran this and it felt super strong. I personally never ran this one.
Arcane 2 - Meteor (one I ran) I was using APoC items so I was using Arcane Torrent with disruption for the debuff, Teleport for mobility and it hits for 1m crits and the arcane Meteor to melt.
Arcane 3 - Strongest one of the Wizzies we xp with runs this one. He uses Arcane Orb with the orbs that circle around you, then he will arcane disruption and Teleport into the pack to blow up. Really weird but really effective, basically a melee blow up build like #1.
Yeah I remember you doing that. I just assumed teleport was supposed to be used to, you know, teleport around, not just stand and teleport on top of yourself over and over again
wink.png

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
All the classes still have their questionable balance issues, barbs just stand out right now I guess. For monks, bells are literally pointless as LTK costs less, does more, can stun lock better, is more flexible as far as elemental damage types, and casts faster than bells. A lot of the Mantra runes are still garbage, although a lot less so than before. Monk passives are pretty great and versatile though, despite One With Everything still existing.
This one isn't that egregious, bell still has a massively larger AoE than LTK. The real egregious balance issue with monks is their spirit generators. WotHF:FoF is applying that 60% DoT to every strike, which means it does 1116% weapon damage per 3-attack combo. Fists of Thunder, for comparison, does 427% weapon damage per 3-attack combo. WotHF:FoF also has an on-hit proc mod of 1.5, which means you get 1.5 times your total life on hit per attack. FoT ranges from 0.21 to 0.86 depending on what rune you use, so it's worth about half in the best case.

Basically, all the monks stacking lightning damage and using FoT are doing it wrong.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
What's arcane comet/meteor? I don't see a way to make it do arcane damage.
Star Pact turns it into arcane and reduces the AP cost.

Oh yea, the Spirit gens are fucked up again, I know. Went from FoT being mandatory to WotHF:FoF being mandatory. Which I forgot about because I like WotHF anyway :p

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You would. TF's damage overrides whatever bonus(holy or physical? idk) WoTHF would get. Which is a lot. Holy builds suck outside of the spirit gen.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You would. TF's damage overrides whatever bonus(holy or physical? idk) WoTHF would get. Which is a lot. Holy builds suck outside of the spirit gen.
Okay so I read that giant post on elemental damage. If you have a lightning weapon and +lightning damage gear, you can use Blazing Fists to make your WoTHF Physical Damage, but the +lightning damage portion of the attack (most of it) would get buffed. But if you use a Holy attack, the whole attack becomes Holy and only your +Holy damage applies.

This also means that a DH that finds a Cold Damage Kridershot can use +% Cold Damage gear to buff both Frost Arrow and their Physical Skills. So pretty much every DH that wants to go that build is going to spend the rest of their natural lives trying to roll a good Cold Damage Kridershot.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
They fixed this in 2.0.3, WotHF:FoF is now always Holy damage regardless of your weapon damage type. All skill elemental attacks now override the damage type of the weapon.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So there is an in game timer that if no legendaries drop within a certain time period one will drop? I'm kind of having a hard time believing that cause onetime I farmed for over 3 hours and not a single drop. If it is true the timer works as long your playing one game or lets say your farming CoTA which makes you leave a game and then resume it? How does it actually work?