Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thoughts on Arcane Dynamo passive (60% damage on signature after 5 non-signature) with FO+Electro builds?

Particularly at lower gear levels, where you don't have a lot of arcane on crit it ends up being an extra 60% damage on every 3-4th FO.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
MannerCookie - VIT Resist, u cray cray MC - Twitch

he goes into detail as to why VIT > all res for crusaders do you guys playing the crusader agree? I kinda felt it only made a difference with his certain type of build that used holy cause, and a certain rune akarats.
I don't really think he makes a good point. I do agree that you don't have the primaries to get both AR and vit on most gear(I think only the belt/legs and on both you could get a builder %). I do agree that you'll probably favor vit. But at the same time, you're also not taking +health %, not using amethyst gems and don't have passives for health values. The result is you'll still have a "low" health value at the end of the day. The point to make really isn't wether or not to use AR or Vit, you'll most likely gear for vit because you don't have the room for AR and you do need the raw health, but it's not like you're actively gearing for vit either, you're simply getting the most you can get on the few primary slots available, because what you're really doing is stacking damage and banking on blowing up shit. The second thing you're doing is collecting legendaries that will remove all specific types of elemental damage and switching gear to counter them.

That's really the only choice he's making, stacking damage as high as possible vs trying to strike a better balance. If you're stacking damage, vit is going to give you better results simply because you do need that small amount of vit and you can't afford AR anyway. If you're trying a more balanced build, you're probably going to end up running more all resist just because of what you're doing. Wether or not a balanced build can be as efficient though, I'm not sure, in a group setting you could probably run a tank/support build though(condemn with vacuum, taunt, judgement with resolves, law of valor with critical and mostly stack up mobs and cooldown them for your team to blow them up), and for that you'd definitely want to stack more defenses. Probably not worth it over running a monk due to cyclone strike though.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Incredible item-farming run that was just pointed out to me. Take the Kill Malathel quest in A5. Go all the way to the last checkpoint that you get right in front of the portal to the Malathel boss fight on fortress level 3. Leave the game, re-enter, and take the town portal to that checkpoint. Go back up to level 2, and you have about a half-dozen chests to open, two rares or treasure goblin, and two purple elites to kill on that sequence of platforms connected by death gates. You can clear all of these in like 2-3 minutes. Celik, one of the purples, also drops angelic shards for Hallowed crafting. Then just leave game again and repeat.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Love RNG. T3 rifts all morning long, probably around 12-15 rifts open. 2 legendaries, both utter shit, nothing from gambling over 800 shards either.
Logged in, did one T1 rift, got Triumvirate and String of Ears.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Thoughts on Arcane Dynamo passive (60% damage on signature after 5 non-signature) with FO+Electro builds?

Particularly at lower gear levels, where you don't have a lot of arcane on crit it ends up being an extra 60% damage on every 3-4th FO.
I've been playing with this. Been doing FO til empty, 5 Electro, FO, Five Electro FO, etc. until filled, then dump FO again til empty. Repeat.

I've got Electro on LC, FO on RC. You can hold LC to spam electro and while still holding LC down tap RC every 5th charge to seamlesslyy launch an FO and then go right back to electro.

This game has an Acronym overload.

dak

I've been playing with this. Been doing FO til empty, 5 Electro, FO, Five Electro FO, etc. until filled, then dump FO again til empty. Repeat.

I've got Electro on LC, FO on RC. You can hold LC to spam electro and while still holding LC down tap RC every 5th charge to seamlesslyy launch an FO and then go right back to electro.

This game has an Acronym overload.
Starting from a depleted arcane power pool, I'm finding that I can pretty consistently get out 2 FO between each five electro when attacking the air, and always if I'm actually hitting something (Arcane on crit), I'm curious if it is better DPS to dump two FO or just one between each electro round. I'm guessing two FO makes more sense for longer fights, otherwise I'm sitting on a pool of unspent mana. For short bursts, I think 2 FO might be better also.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i dinged 70 and adventure mode is amazing. i can't wait to log back after I am done with this work...

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Your friends can't post on the forums for themselves? I'm not even in this clan but I'm guessing it's for forum posters ONLY; not a forum poster and their extended family.
They do post, they just don't follow this thread every hour for updates. And they followed the directions to contact people in-game to get invites. Specifically in this case it was Erumaron (who posts on the forum) that was booted.

So suck a dick?

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
yeh, can i get invite back. i didn't log in for one day and got kicked.

Incredible item-farming run that was just pointed out to me. Take the Kill Malathel quest in A5. Go all the way to the last checkpoint that you get right in front of the portal to the Malathel boss fight on fortress level 3. Leave the game, re-enter, and take the town portal to that checkpoint. Go back up to level 2, and you have about a half-dozen chests to open, two rares or treasure goblin, and two purple elites to kill on that sequence of platforms connected by death gates. You can clear all of these in like 2-3 minutes. Celik, one of the purples, also drops angelic shards for Hallowed crafting. Then just leave game again and repeat.
urghhh loootsss...

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
So, have any barbs or monks been able to find a 2-hander with a socket that gives you the same or more dps than 2 1-handers with sockets? I sure haven't. I don't think blizzard fully understands that 2-handers can never equal 1-handers until you can put the same amount of crit damage on it.

Edit: now that I think about it, this fix will probably never happen because of the crusader ability to wield 2-handers in 1-hand.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
So, have any barbs or monks been able to find a 2-hander with a socket that gives you the same or more dps than 2 1-handers with sockets? I sure haven't. I don't think blizzard fully understands that 2-handers can never equal 1-handers until you can put the same amount of crit damage on it.

Edit: now that I think about it, this fix will probably never happen because of the crusader ability to wield 2-handers in 1-hand.
Nope. As a barb I want to use a 2hander so bad but it hurts a lot to lose the 2 1handers, just not worth it

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Nope. As a barb I want to use a 2hander so bad but it hurts a lot to lose the 2 1handers, just not worth it
Not only do you lose big sheet damage, but there isn't any 2-handers that can compare with having the procs of something like thunderfury and mad monarch mace together. It's depressing.

Tenks

Not only do you lose big sheet damage, but there isn't any 2-handers that can compare with having the procs of something like thunderfury and mad monarch mace together. It's depressing.
It is more losing out on the 130% CD from a socket since 2H, for some reason, can't roll double sockets

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
i really like how you can play around with skills and paragon points instead of perma lock. really awesome. not a lot of games allow this, including PoE, which i hated very much.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Maximus has one of the best proc in the game, I'd say second only to shard of hate due to derp coding. Shit does ridiculous damage. I think it's probably the only 2H you'd use even on a monk or a barb, with monk also having the tempest rush daibo for that specific build and you would only use it until you get at least one of the top tier 1H legendary. They're mostly for crusaders since you don't lose as much on a crusader(but the passive fucks you up so that's another issue). 2H can also be used on wiz/WD for channeling builds and since they can't DW you don't lose the same socket(do lose 15% skill damage though as well as class specific OH bonus like apoc so it's not like super viable, just has some applications).