Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't realize how powerful elemental damage is in this game. I scored a Cindercoat, socketed it and got a pair of Firewalkers. I already had a socketed Sun Keeper rerolled for fire damage and a socketed Sever. I been struggling through Torment that I can barely kill an elite pack. It would take me several tries to take it down so I been farming normal. I decided to make my monk into a fire build and now I have Torment 1 on farm. Now I'm having so much fun farming T1 without struggling through it. I will keep this build until I get a Thunderfury, Shard of Hate, Won Khim Lau or Fulminator first for a lightning build.

Deathwing also gave me a tip to use the Templar with all of his healing abilities for better survival and add some life on hit for my paragon points. This is the build I'm currently using.

Monk - Game Guide - Diablo III
Curious why healing over conviction. I love conviction plus cyclone strike or lashtail. It melts everything.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Went back to playing my barb after hopping from monk to crusader to wizard. Even though my damage was absolutely insane on my wizard and my survivability was really high with monk and crusader, I still find barb to be the most fun. Just doing a fairly standard ww/lightning build and my gear is pretty subpar but I can do T2 fairly easily. I could probably maximize my build by going with some different passives, but I hate having to change skills before bosses or w/e so this is more of an "all around" aoe and single target build because I'm lazy.

Also that monster experience needs to fuck off on all my gear. Give me resists or something kthx.http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D...9/hero/2580210

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't realize how powerful elemental damage is in this game. I scored a Cindercoat, socketed it and got a pair of Firewalkers. I already had a socketed Sun Keeper rerolled for fire damage and a socketed Sever. I been struggling through Torment that I can barely kill an elite pack. It would take me several tries to take it down so I been farming normal. I decided to make my monk into a fire build and now I have Torment 1 on farm. Now I'm having so much fun farming T1 without struggling through it. I will keep this build until I get a Thunderfury, Shard of Hate, Won Khim Lau or Fulminator first for a lightning build.

Deathwing also gave me a tip to use the Templar with all of his healing abilities for better survival and add some life on hit for my paragon points. This is the build I'm currently using.

I've been using a similar build, with Cyclone Strike/Sunburst instead of Epiphany, and Sweeping Wind/Firestorm instead of LTK (seems a lot more Spirit efficient). I'm not sure how +Ele dmg is added up, but I have 3 pieces with +Fire (44% total?), so I'm able to have T1 on farm now. Pretty fun. Still need to find some upgrades for Glove/Bracer/Ringx2.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Curious why healing over conviction. I love conviction plus cyclone strike or lashtail. It melts everything.
I picked it for survivability cause I'm still new in torment. Once I get a few more pieces of better gear I'll drop it for conviction again. Initially I didn't like Epiphany but after using I live it. I switch it it up between Fire for a dps boost and desert for a 15 second 50% damage reduction which is enough time to kill elites.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I always wonder what people mean when they say they can do a specific torment. There's a huge difference between an effective farming speed and just being able to kill shit.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I always wonder what people mean when they say they can do a specific torment. There's a huge difference between an effective farming speed and just being able to kill shit.
Effective farming means I can kill an elite packs real fast and not having to take 3 to 5 minutes to kill. Sometimes I would have to kite in order for my potion to reset and re-engage them which takes time.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well probably do it at a good speed. You can generally do 3-4torments higher if you don't mind killing slow as shit and dying every 2mins but most people don't care about that.

As for elemental damage, it's multiplicative with your normal damage, and then skill damage is also multiplicative(or so I read). So say you hit with a 100%weapon damage hit and have 50%fire and 30%skill, you do 195% damage. Not too sure how elite damage is calculated nor overall damage%, if they're additive with elemental damage or what but that'd what I'd expect. That's why those affixes are must have, especially elemental and skill on your main spam skill.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When you can run with a damage/speed spec and not die in a T1 split bounty group that is an indicator of being ready for up to T3 in a standard spec. When you can run a damage/speed spec in T2/T3 that's when you start tuning your gear for T4+. Toughness for T5/T6 is not simply looking at your flat number because you can't really stack Vitality and Life % since there's no way for your healing to keep pace. You'll need to balance out Armor and All Resists and maybe make simple skill changes like Force Weapon to Deflection which sharply spikes your survivability upwards.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
When you can run with a damage/speed spec and not die in a T1 split bounty group that is an indicator of being ready for up to T3 in a standard spec. When you can run a damage/speed spec in T2/T3 that's when you start tuning your gear for T4+. Toughness for T5/T6 is not simply looking at your flat number because you can't really stack Vitality and Life % since there's no way for your healing to keep pace. You'll need to balance out Armor and All Resists and maybe make simple skill changes like Force Weapon to Deflection which sharply spikes your survivability upwards.
I don't think T6 will be realistically farmed. Sure there might be specific groups that can get through it, but its probably tedious as fuck. The gear just isn't there for it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think T6 will be realistically farmed. Sure there might be specific groups that can get through it, but its probably tedious as fuck. The gear just isn't there for it.
I'd be willing to bet that T6 is precisely designed for 400+ paragon and sub-optimal set items but will be farmable with 600+ paragon, three sets of bonuses and some high end item rolls.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Why would you want to farm T6? That would be tedious as fuck.

All you get are higher chance of legendaries and there is nothing that drops in T6 that doesn't drop in lower difficulties. Also, if you get to a stage where you have T6 on farm, Your gear is most probably BiS already

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
More xp for paragon, more drops, it makes sense if you were able to farm it at well, farm speed, which is unlikely. Maybe in a group setting though, using a lot of synergy stuff like monk with Unity+Mantra of Conviction and DH with high cdr(via shrine gloves) for "perma" wolf+marked for death to increase group damage a fuckton. Maybe crusader for that 100%crit and 100%crit dmg cooldowns on elites too, or on almost everything with 6pc set bonus and the akkarat cooldown reduction rune. Group builds I think is where it'd be alright to farm T6 due to synergy, but solo yeah don't know seems not worth it even assuming you're close to BiS.

Juvarisx

Florida
Finally get a mirrorball so I can get out of this stupid Frozen Orb build...rolls 1 extra missile instead of 2 making it worthless.

Xevy

Log Wizard
My group jumped from T2 farming to T4 in about one day due to some gear. Most shit dies just as fast, but bosses such as rift guardians are a real fucking pain. Most have 2billion + hp and their AE dmg moves will smoke you unless you're running some serious defensive skills. Elites and trash die just as fast as in T2 pretty much.

Needless

Toe Sucker
So ho ho ho ho, i got my Reaper's Wraps.. it made my build way way way more efficient, i love it
Based - Community - Diablo III

Holy Shotgun. Holy motherfucking Shotgun.

I really need a holy SoJ & Hallowed Protectors shield as well as a holy damage necklace still
frown.png

Edit: That sheet damage is so far off what the.. in game im just below 750k

axeman_sl

shitlord
Getting really tired of how rift bosses have like eighty times more HP than a regular elite. It's just fucking boring to stand there wailing on a mob that can't possibly kill you, for four entire minutes, despite having 750k DPS in T1 which should be way more than enough and is for all other content. I mean, these fucking rift bosses have like six times more HP than the goddamn end boss of the game. Who thought extremely long fights in such a mechanically primitive game was a good idea?

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider

If you use Mantra of Healing (which adds an ass-ton of survivability) you should seriously considerGuiding Light. Just by rough estimates, I think you get the full 30% damage buff if you use the active at around 50% health and it takes almost no effort to have a constant +15% damage buff. So my sheet dps is around 520k and Guiding light puts it anywhere from 590-650k. This does a lot to compensate for lack of Mantra of Conviction if you're by yourself. Ofc, don't use Mantra of healing if you're grouped.*

This is what I use to farm T2 bounties solo.
This is what I use to farm T2-T3 rifts with Accordion et. al.

*with some exceptions like Uber Siegebreaker and his thorns damage.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Getting really tired of how rift bosses have like eighty times more HP than a regular elite. It's just fucking boring to stand there wailing on a mob that can't possibly kill you, for four entire minutes, despite having 750k DPS in T1 which should be way more than enough and is for all other content. I mean, these fucking rift bosses have like six times more HP than the goddamn end boss of the game. Who thought extremely long fights in such a mechanically primitive game was a good idea?
That's the downside of playing lower difficulties, there's no challenge so anything with higher health than usual is just tedious. Rift bosses have boss hp, so yeah they're pretty boring. No idea how you'd take 4mins to beat a T1 boss with 750k DPS though. Are you a crusader? Even then you shouldn't take 4mins, sounds like massive exageration. Cause my DH kills them in about 20-30secs depending on which with 350k paperdoll and about 100%dmg in fire/elite and 45% more on cluster, which should be fairly close in DPS. It's not elites dying in 5secs but it's not really bad either.