Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Someone mentioned it a while ago: They should simply introduce offhand items that go along with 2handers in a similar way to how quivers work with the ranged weapons, instead of fucking with the actual 2handed item values. It avoids the crusader issue and allows them to balance those offhands vs DW/shield choices without touching the other, presumably already balanced (heh) aspects of gameplay.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Lol I got that spear that does a ton of +spear/+throwing damage so I switched to a ranged build. I think it may actually perform better than my HOTA build. It is a tad more fury hungry but I am offsetting it with requiring less defensive passives due to not really getting hit that much. If I crit with a spear at more than 25 yards getting 30-35M isn't rare.

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How hard would it be to just have a simple multiplier built into 2H weapon sockets that adjusted gems accordingly. Make note of it on the tooltip and call it a day.

Pretty sure two handers are going to suck dick for a long time. Everyone can thank Heavenly strength for that...
Take away the movement penalty on Heavenly Strength and make it attack speed instead maybe? Movement speed penalty is lame and makes the class less fun, and attack speed makes sense from a realism stand point and as an easy to tweak modifier on damage output.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Pretty sure two handers are going to suck dick for a long time. Everyone can thank Heavenly strength for that...

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Fuckit. Pulled the trigger on a RoS CE for no sensible reason. I think the last time I spent money on a CE box was D3 CE anyway and before that, mmm, Vanilla WoW, I think.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I feel like they've properly earned their money on this expansion. If they actually add more content than like.. keywardens this expansion it'll definitely be worth it.

Can't wait for ladders though ahhhhhhhh

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
How hard would it be to just have a simple multiplier built into 2H weapon sockets that adjusted gems accordingly. Make note of it on the tooltip and call it a day.

Take away the movement penalty on Heavenly Strength and make it attack speed instead maybe? Movement speed penalty is lame and makes the class less fun, and attack speed makes sense from a realism stand point and as an easy to tweak modifier on damage output.
I'm not sure what you took away from my post, but the point was that Barbs and Monks get fucked because 2h's are only good for crusaders. If you give two handers two sockets, or 4000 damage to make them viable for Barbs then Crusaders are going to be insanely over powered. Now if you're saying they should make the passive talent be attack speed instead of movement penalty and relegate it to 1 hander only then yes that makes sense.

Needless

Toe Sucker
sigh.. not getting any legendaries for a few hours sucks
frown.png

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why is it I keep getting legendary crafting materials for plans I don't have and plans for legendary crafting materials I don't have. I've got about a dozen plans and a dozen different materials and I can't craft a one.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Why is it I keep getting legendary crafting materials for plans I don't have and plans for legendary crafting materials I don't have. I've got about a dozen plans and a dozen different materials and I can't craft a one.
yeah, and I swear that shit resets the timer on legs, I don't see anything for a good while after those.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok so just finished act V and I'm level 68(no paragon levels). Crappy gear. Is the best gearing route to take doing the dailies/bounties? I can sorta manage on Master level so that's what I've been doing, but it's challenging.

And... is this true?

Diablo 3: Patch 2.0.1 Legendary Farming Guide Electrostatic Media
A lot has changed with Patch 2.0.1. The most important being that the gear you find is infinitely better than it was prior to the patch. Legendary items drop more often.In fact, there is a ?pity drop? mechanic that basically guarantees a legendary drop every two hours that you do not find one.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The 2 hours figure isn't an official one, it's what players decided it probably was. The exact mechanics are unknown, however it does exist and was confirmed, basically after some time without a drop, it increases your chances of getting a drop. It's time "in combat" with supposedly code to make it hard to exploit by afking, but they haven't said if plans count or not. Regardless though it's a safety net not some sort guaranteed legendary every 2hours, it's unlikely to go too long without a legendary but it's still possible.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
While playing campaign at level 60 I timed multiple instances of legendary drops happening right around the 89-90 minute mark, as did others. Whether that is different for adventure mode or at least 70, who knows.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I didn't realize how powerful elemental damage is in this game. I scored a Cindercoat, socketed it and got a pair of Firewalkers. I already had a socketed Sun Keeper rerolled for fire damage and a socketed Sever. I been struggling through Torment that I can barely kill an elite pack. It would take me several tries to take it down so I been farming normal. I decided to make my monk into a fire build and now I have Torment 1 on farm. Now I'm having so much fun farming T1 without struggling through it. I will keep this build until I get a Thunderfury, Shard of Hate, Won Khim Lau or Fulminator first for a lightning build.

Deathwing also gave me a tip to use the Templar with all of his healing abilities for better survival and add some life on hit for my paragon points. This is the build I'm currently using.

Monk - Game Guide - Diablo III

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Looks good, I've been wanting to try a fire build out but I'm waiting on a few more pieces of gear. I'm running a somewhat standard frozen orb build currently.
dominance really makes the build work. I only have 4.5 mil toughness self buffed but with dominance I dont die on t3 and less. I do have 1.2mil dps self buffed tho, so i refresh that dominance stack fairly quickly.