Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Got a level 65 SoJ last night, gonna have to rerolled it fire.
Also got a 20% fire damage eye of eat lich last night.
Have a 19% fire damage Maximus equipped currently.

Gonna be fun leveling my crusader 65-70.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Looks like crusader is moving in right direction, needs more variations on runes too many are only +pay or holy only.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I feel like they are saving bigger reworks for 2.1, the game has been out for 2 weeks, this is Blizzard we are talking about.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Ran the hell out of torment 1 rifts last night and got only 2 legendary drops. One was a crappy butchers carver and other another craptastic weapon. I thought with the bonus 25% buff to rifts I would see more. Rngesus really hates me.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I ran and tweaked my weapon throw barb build a ton yesterday. So far I think it is overall a touch stronger than the HOTA build but not by a whole ton.

Being in the fray of enemies has both it's advantages and disadvantages. Namely HP globes. They'd rain on you with HOTA + Battle Cry w/ Plough rune. You'd basically be at infinite fury the entire time. The disadvantage is pretty obvious: you get hit a ton and elemental heavy elites can fuck you up.

Ancient Spear is very, very fury hungry and it runs in a pretty narrow streak to hit enemies. So you need to constantly jockey around for position. I tried to get around this by constantly spamming war cry, tshout and taking the earthen might passive and switching the Lahar rune. But I'm not convinced the Lahar rune is worth it. Each 'tick' only crits for about 1.8M where Volcano crits in the 5-8M range. So I lose a ton of damage that I make up for with greater fury generation.

The advantage? It seems to clear overall faster and safer. You get hit less and can kill quicker. I was having far fewer issues with getting butt fucked by elemental combos in T3 than I was with my HOTA build. At a distance (greater than 25yard) I was seeing crits in the 25M range average. Upwards to 35M. When I can get the chest buff it goes up to 50-60M crit range.

Still trying to find rubies to re-roll my ammy. I think wearing my rare one with 10%CC/100%CD is better than my current one.

March - Community - Diablo III

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

This pretty much sums up the level of troll you can be with Furious charge having all runes, especially when I dump 3 elites packs on top of my wizard friend. Got my royal ring tonight to complete my Raekor 5 piece bonus along with an IK helm to get the 3 set bonus, just need the IK belt.

Lupin - Community - Diablo III
IK is clutch with barbarians, despite finding better gear to replace my level 60 IK I still use it for the fury gen etc. Allows me to have a all spender build pre fury nerf.Tessai - Community - Diablo IIIDebating what long cooldown to switch with sprint, but even while using WW without lighting rune it never does down. Hell I could likely use berserker rage with whirlwind to maximum effect.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Looks like crusader is moving in right direction, needs more variations on runes too many are only +pay or holy only.
Nerfing Fires of Heaven is not in the right direction at all. The other buffs are, but nerfing the one decent wrath dump ability doesn't make any sense to me, considering it's already only viable if you use a specific weapon anyway.
They completely ignored 90% of the problems and just increased a couple numbers lol

Obviously the major changes will come later but c'maaaaan.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well there might be changes that aren't in the tooltips which is why it's probably better to wait for full patch notes. I think it's a good series of changes, even though yes there's a bunch of nerfs in there too, including the FoH nerf which is pretty bad, but for all we know they might also increase the width of it so it's not so sucky at hitting shit. The Lord Commander change was also mostly a nerf, but at the same time since they buffed phalanx a lot, it might be worth using more now other than just reducing bombardment. I find a bit curious there's no buff to slash or hammers though, both could use a small boost to damage, hammers should really be like 250% or something.

But overall, a lot of the weaker shit got buffed by a decent amount. The holy rune on Fist of Heavens for example was absolute trash but now doing 80% and hitting for a large range makes it a lot better, because it does initial damage, then as the sparks are flying away from your target, ALL of them will hit the main target again on the way out for 6x80% damage. That's a huge amount to be honest. It should also reliably hit twice on targets moving closer to you and 3times on targets moving slowly/not moving as they pass through. I don't even know if buffing it that much is a good idea since it still does initial damage and residual damage too, it seems vastly superior to the other ones now even with the buff to fissure(which is ok but not that great). A 40% damage would probably have been good already. Maybe the reworked the frequency of the hits though I don't know but even prepatch you could get 3 hits on a target the spark was flying through, which was 36% total so not so bad, with 3hits now it's 240% plus the spark itself which is 200% and that's the sparks.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finish act V for guaranteed leggy(legendary) and then do rifts and bounties. I would do normal bounties cause its faster unless your class can rip through higher difficulties. As for rifts try to do at least torment 1 (when you have the gear) cause of the 25% bonus leggy buff drop. Use shards to gamble for armor and weapons.
Do i get the same rewards for doing bounties on normal as opposed to Master or Torment?

I did my first Rift yesterday and got a legendary wand. 100% drop rate! Bliz plz nerf.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Do i get the same rewards for doing bounties on normal as opposed to Master or Torment?

I did my first Rift yesterday and got a legendary wand. 100% drop rate! Bliz plz nerf.
Yes. Bounty Caches are unaffected by difficulty now.

niss_sl

shitlord

Ideally, you want to farm on torment to be able to get set items. Bounty drops make up a small proportion of stuff you get out of runs anyway; most of it is from mobs/armor racks.

Having said that, i'm up to 140 paragon levels and have only gotten 1 IK belt when i comes to sets. RNG sucks.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yes. Bounty Caches are unaffected by difficulty now.
Completely? I assumed it was tied into the difficulty it dropped on. So if i want to farm shrine gloves i'm better off just derping through on normal to clear it asap? gross.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Completely? I assumed it was tied into the difficulty it dropped on. So if i want to farm shrine gloves i'm better off just derping through on normal to clear it asap? gross.
That was my understanding. There was a hotfix (or maybe it's not fixed yet, I don't know) to fix the caches dropping "better stuff" if you open them on a different difficulty.

I was doing some T6 siege camp runs... holy shit is it boring. While the camp is normally clear on normal - t3, on T6 there is almost always a pack of elites or a minion pack with some retarded boss standing there. So it's run run run don't get hit by ice/lightning.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If people want to be invited to the clan just add me and I will invite you if we have space. There is no other reliable way to invite people and I don't write down battletags of people in this thread who ask because by the time I get home I've forgotten anyways.

Falstaff#1295

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah feel sorry for any barb that isn't getting 3 piece IK bonus it simply opens up so much in terms of builds. Been running a boulder toss build this morning due to the ridiculous amount of fury I get from all rune furious charge, respeced paragon into max fury and sitting at 191 right now. Just got my three hundreth spear socketed and hitting around 80-100mil boulder crits, just need a SoJ and to get some phsyical dmg on bracers/ring/neck if possible.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Caches are completely unaffected by difficulty. They also do not drop torment only legendaries(followers, potions and class sets). Used to be the gems in them were affected by it but the rest was never affected to begin with. Your chance for normal legendaries is fairly low but does exist, however you're never going to get a class set piece from them since those are torment only, this was confirmed by blue. You can get non class set pieces though, like the mighty Blackthorne set. Farming them on normal is a lot faster if you're farming for a cache specific legendary, but if you're farming for riftstones and can clear T1 fast you might as well run T1 for a chance to drop class set shit while farming the bounties. Matter of taste.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty sure the caches are affected by difficulty, just you can no longer do them in normal then open them while in t6 and get t6 rewards. But if you're farming for one of the cache specific legendaries it certainly seems best to just speed farm them on normal to get more chances rather than a nearly insignificant increase on that one chance.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
"Difficulty level has no impact on Horadric Cache loot. We recently hotfixed an issue where gems from Caches were erroneously being impacted by difficulty level, but this was not intended."

"To clarify: Horadric Caches can drop any type of Legendary (regular or Bounty-exclusive) EXCEPT those that require Torment difficulty on higher. As difficulty has no impact on Horadric Caches, this also includes the ability to drop Torment-only Legendaries. Kadala is similar, as she also cannot generate Torment-only Legendaries."

Delly

Trakanon Raider
"Difficulty level has no impact on Horadric Cache loot. We recently hotfixed an issue where gems from Caches were erroneously being impacted by difficulty level, but this was not intended."

"To clarify: Horadric Caches can drop any type of Legendary (regular or Bounty-exclusive) EXCEPT those that require Torment difficulty on higher. As difficulty has no impact on Horadric Caches, this also includes the ability to drop Torment-only Legendaries. Kadala is similar, as she also cannot generate Torment-only Legendaries."
Every list I look at for this is confusing. Is the torment only items the NEW RoS items + sets? Does that include old sets that are level 70 now? I could have swore people got set pieces from Kadala but I might be mistaken.

Dis

Confirmed Male
So my luck in the past two weeks:

Do Manglemaw runs with Hatorade, he gets a Thunderfury

Was PLing a RL Friend who hardly gets to play, he dings 70, we just start running a Rift because he has never done one before. I tell him, let's do one, I have like 100 rift fragments no big deal. He is using a OK rare for his MH, I get my 5th or 7th Fulminator to drop (poor man's TF as I like to call it). I ask him if he wants it since it is a major upgrade over what he has, he accepts. Not one minute later he gets a Thunderfury to drop. I simply tell him "fuck you", in an angry laughing way.

I start running T2 Act 1 Bounties over and over again to try and get the Ring of Royal Granduer. I literally have run the damn thing maybe 20+ times (no cache legs at all). I lost count. Buddy of mine logs in, we start splitting bounties. His third and last one he was going to do for the night because of GoT premiere, bingo, he gets the ring. Meanwhile I get my 5th 2hander to drop for the night. And now I have close to 400 Rift Fragments.

Fuck you RNG, FUCK...................YOU.....................

I did rack up about 40 paragon levels in the process of grinding, so there is that I guess =\

BTW add me to friends list: Dis#1518