Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bought the 5 million g ring plans and I got the plans for the infernal machine. I am new to this game and havent done any of this farming before the patch. Is it still worth me working to farm these key drops to craft the machines or should I just collect them randomly by chance as I am clearing the particular zones doing bounties?

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Caches are completely unaffected by difficulty.
This.

On an somewhat unrelated note, in case you were wonder if it is worth holding onto all the horadric caches you get from leveling a character in adventure mode until you hit 70, it isn't. They are flagged with the level you got them at and pop accordingly.

Sigh, I wanna respec from FO+Electro but I can't bear to reroll this perfect cold%, good rolled SoJ. /firstworldproblem

Wonder how Mirrorball works with the magic missile cold rune...it be like a 600% Weapon damage small radius AoE, so seems like it might have some good potential with blackhole. Probably not better than fire though =/

Needless

Toe Sucker
They should totally let crafted legendaries be tradable.
So somebody can make me a maw' fuckin hallowed protector shield *sniffle*

Currently my holy shotgun build crits on average for about 13.5m each beam, so if i hug the elite/boss pack it usually does about 40m a pop. If only I had a holy SoJ, holy neck and holy shield that would put me at around 29m per beam... which would proooobably let me wreck shit on T5 pretty easily lol, currently T3 is pretty easy to do, aside from the fact that if i get packs with too much CC and a lot of elemental damage i get wrecked so i just stay on T2 while soloing

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Every list I look at for this is confusing. Is the torment only items the NEW RoS items + sets? Does that include old sets that are level 70 now? I could have swore people got set pieces from Kadala but I might be mistaken.
It's the class set pieces, including the old 60 sets which were made torment only just before RoS went live. This is Inna/Natalya/IK/Tal Rasha/Zunimassa as well as the newer sets Firebird/Vyr/Marauder/Akkan and whatever the others are I don't know all the names. Any 4-6 set that has class specific set bonuses on them, a bunch of which were added for ros. This doesn't include non class specific sets, such as blackthorne or even danetta xbows(even though they're technically DH only, they're not considered a class set). Other than that, there are the bottomless potions and the follower legendaries(the ones that makes them not die and the ones that give them all the skills at once). Besides those items, everything drops out of torment, with some items apparently bugged/removed for now(such as Yan Hexing Pants and Moonward amulet which don't drop anymore). Oh and there's also a bunch of cache only legendaries that only drop from bounty caches, but you probably know that.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Have they mentioned whether the patch includes the fix for the Malthael craft mats? Would really like to try out that bracer.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
4 hours of farming rifts, bounties and the area before mathael.
Total yield 2 legendaries, friend got 19 (for real)

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Have they mentioned whether the patch includes the fix for the Malthael craft mats? Would really like to try out that bracer.
Hasn't been stated but hopefully that fix all the stuff that they mentioned needed to be fixed. Though if you wanted to try for this mat you can kill Malthael and if you don't get the mat, tp to town asap and leave the game before Malthael's death animation is finished (which is quite awhile). If you do, your checkpoint right before the boss fight will still be there so you can just fight him again right away.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One thing that's nice, and this is probably due to just my terrible luck on legendaries, but every single night that I've played, which has only been about 4, I've made substantial upgrades to my WD. I'm in all rares, except my legendary weapon, which are the only legendaries I seem to be able to find.

Just last night I found a pretty good 1 hander, and so I switched from 2 handed, to 1 handed, and my toughness and DPS boosted up. Sitting at about 550k sheet DPS. With +15% poison, and +9% zombie charger damage from items to make them bears rock!

My biggest complaint so far, and it's been helped quite a bit from the 2 to 1 hander switch, and also dumping Paragon points into Attack Speed was just the slow wind up time for WDs. Running rifts with clan mates, and packs of mobs sometimes are dead by the time my bears get wound up and rolling. Or Spirit Barrage get's to flying around onto something. It was just so slooowww...

That and lack of mana. I'm not sure if there is a build that focuses on the mana regen stat, but them bears make me out of mana so quick!

Vorph

"Difficulty level has no impact on Horadric Cache loot. We recently hotfixed an issue where gems from Caches were erroneously being impacted by difficulty level, but this was not intended."

"To clarify: Horadric Caches can drop any type of Legendary (regular or Bounty-exclusive) EXCEPT those that require Torment difficulty on higher. As difficulty has no impact on Horadric Caches, this also includes the ability to drop Torment-only Legendaries. Kadala is similar, as she also cannot generate Torment-only Legendaries."
...which is unbelievably retarded. Why are they so hellbent on making T1 the best thing to farm? I was doing my bounties for a couple days on T5 because I thought there was no possible way that the drop rate of cache legendaries could be the same there as on fucking normal. I even got a pair of pants from one of the new sets (Shadow's Coil) which led me to believe that things were working like any sane person would expect. Apparently, because those are equippable by any class despite having DH-only bonuses, they don't actually count as a 'new' set, however.

Even with the upcoming changes in the patch there's still almost no reason to do anything above T1, besides farming crafting material drops. The scaling of ALL loot drops (and experience) needs to be large enough that there's an actual incentive to do the content at a level where it takes more than the time to vault from pack to pack and 1- or 2-shot them before they can even react. T3 is borderline faceroll for me, while T4 is an actual challenge, but right now there's just no reason to bother.

My loot rage story: I decided to mess with my WD a little last night, which was the first time I've played any of my alts once they reached 70. The one item I need above all else on my DH is Marauder's Spines, so that I can free up the head slot for Pride's Fall while still keeping the 4pc set bonus. What is the first legendary my WD gets? Yep, Helltooth set shoulders, of course. I know it doesn't mean my DH would have gotten Marauder's had I been playing her, but it's still infuriating to think about it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's the class set pieces, including the old 60 sets which were made torment only just before RoS went live. This is Inna/Natalya/IK/Tal Rasha/Zunimassa as well as the newer sets Firebird/Vyr/Marauder/Akkan and whatever the others are I don't know all the names. Any 4-6 set that has class specific set bonuses on them, a bunch of which were added for ros. This doesn't include non class specific sets, such as blackthorne or even danetta xbows(even though they're technically DH only, they're not considered a class set). Other than that, there are the bottomless potions and the follower legendaries(the ones that makes them not die and the ones that give them all the skills at once). Besides those items, everything drops out of torment, with some items apparently bugged/removed for now(such as Yan Hexing Pants and Moonward amulet which don't drop anymore). Oh and there's also a bunch of cache only legendaries that only drop from bounty caches, but you probably know that.
Moonlight Wards don't drop anymore?

Vorph, why wouldn't you do at least T2 then? Extra drop chance for everything(besides caches).

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Moonlight Wards don't drop anymore?

Vorph, why wouldn't you do at least T2 then? Extra drop chance for everything(besides caches).
Nope, confirmed by blue post. I think its getting changed or fixed before it starts dropping again.

Vorph

I do, but it was more of a general rant rather than just about what my DH can do. Even if it's possible to make T1 and T2 feel the same with enough good loot, there's a limit to how far that can go due to how quickly the mob HP ramps up. Plus I usually group one T-level below what I would do solo.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Odd, I usually try to group one level above, especially if I'm with a DH. Allowing them to be the artillery while I spend all my spirit hoovering and stunning usually nets me quicker clear times than solo on T2.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just hit 70 as a Hardcore WD.

I'm now at like... paragon level 5 after like 50 hours playing the game, I never was able to hit 60 in 1.0... started off at level 50 and just stayed in hard difficulty the entire way through, wasn't too difficult, only ran into a little bit of trouble around level 65 or so when I went quite a while without any gear upgrades.

I've got a pair of level 61 magefists with 19% to fire, I was actually running a fire build (full pet build, with army/totem using pyrogeist/swarm) relatively successfully with it, but I actually then got a decent rare neck and rare wrists both with poison damage so I banked the magefist... and swapped out the fire gargantuan for a poison one, and using now rain of frogs/lob blob bomb) which should easily convert into splinters/lob blob bomb with the buff to splinters)

I kinda liked the playstyle of the fire build for hardcore though, allowed me to do all my damage while moving, even if that damage may not have been "as" good as just stationary, pyrogeist seemed great for just doing safe ranged damage against a single target, and I had no complaints against swarm for an aoe, although obviously it's not as good as lob blob bomb, I still think it worked better when I was rocking 3 +fire skill items.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Odd, I usually try to group one level above, especially if I'm with a DH. Allowing them to be the artillery while I spend all my spirit hoovering and stunning usually nets me quicker clear times than solo on T2.
That's how I've done it. With proper grouping of mobs, I can keep slam dance up permanently. Let's the Sorcs/DHs melt faces while I sit in the bubble and blow bats at things the monks/barbs line up for us.

Vorph

My defense is basically "kill shit before it even realizes I'm there". In a group of more than two, people tend to aggro so much stuff that the monk can't gather it all up, and even if he could there's still multiple elite packs dropping every type of ground shit all over the place. I do not do well in chaos.
biggrin.png

Mostly, I just want normal-master cache farming to be made to suck ass compared to doing it on T3+. Rifts at least have SOME incentive to do them on higher difficulty, even if it's not enough of an incentive currently.

Crone

That's how I've done it. With proper grouping of mobs, I can keep slam dance up permanently. Let's the Sorcs/DHs melt faces while I sit in the bubble and blow bats at things the monks/barbs line up for us.
Vampiric bats is pretty nice for mana, but I feel the damage is really lacking when going against T1 mobs. Again, it could be just my gear, I have no +fire damage. Where as I have +9% zombie bears, and +15% poison damage.

I guess I'm trying to play more offensive, than defensive, and should just know that my slam dance totem, and piranhas is what I'm there for, not to be the all star DPS. lol

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Vampire bats is free, that's all there is to it really, you can spam it with pierce the veil and no mana regen gear/talents(granted it sucks if you face a bunch of mobs who keep doing pulls/knockbacks). It's not meant to be compared to other spenders, most of which are gonna do a fuckton more damage, but to free spells like plague of toads and corpse spiders, against which it compared very favorably doing twice as much damage in a large area than the best options. It's still good even without elements or skill dmg%, only if it's your filler, you'd want other stuff to go with it most likely.

If you want to use bats for damage you're probably better off doing a poison build and using the poison bats, or just using something else. Whatever you use doesn't really matter that much as long as you can keep the other shit done, but since piranhas cost mana and you'd want the debuff up on as much stuff as possible, you're not gonna be swimming in mana most likely.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
They should totally let crafted legendaries be tradable.
So somebody can make me a maw' fuckin hallowed protector shield *sniffle*

Currently my holy shotgun build crits on average for about 13.5m each beam, so if i hug the elite/boss pack it usually does about 40m a pop. If only I had a holy SoJ, holy neck and holy shield that would put me at around 29m per beam... which would proooobably let me wreck shit on T5 pretty easily lol, currently T3 is pretty easy to do, aside from the fact that if i get packs with too much CC and a lot of elemental damage i get wrecked so i just stay on T2 while soloing
can you link your profile? I wanted to try this build out but I don't have a shield or wep with wrath regen on it, or a good helm with socket in it for diamond.