Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wonder what the odds are of getting a SoH gambling 1H weapons. There has to be at least 100 legendary 1H weapons that can drop.

-fake edit-

According to the D3 game guide there are 45 non-specific legendary 1H weapons. 77 if you add in all the specific legendary 1Hs as well.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They need to add a way to switch your loot specialization like WoW. If I want to gear out a Crusader, or collect gear for a Wizard, I feel I should be able to do that from my Monk or WD.

Doesn't change the chance at all, just means you change the main stat everything is dropping with. I think that'd be cool.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I levelled my barb up and have been playing it... was worried it would suck hardcore, but I think I enjoy it more than WD and DH. I'm currently running Frenzy+HOTA and it's decent. Need much better gear. Have a 2300DPS butcher's sickle thing that's alright.

Did T1 Rifts for about 3 hours and got 4 legos, 2 lego plans, and 2 set plans (demons something and boars something). Everything sucked, but at least hte drop rate was decent.

I had a dude in my party that had that neverending shield toss spam thing for crusaders and it was absolutely insane. I barely got any hits in on anything the entire time. We were clearing T1 rifts in about 3-5 minutes

Tenks

>was worried it would suck hardcore, but I think I enjoy it more than WD and DH.
>I barely got any hits in on anything the entire time.
Strange definition of enjoyment

an accordion_sl

shitlord
They need to add a way to switch your loot specialization like WoW. If I want to gear out a Crusader, or collect gear for a Wizard, I feel I should be able to do that from my Monk or WD.

Doesn't change the chance at all, just means you change the main stat everything is dropping with. I think that'd be cool.
Yep, this would actually be amazing.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
*Shrug* its the nature of RNG as a mechanic. Some days you'll have dry spells some days loot will rain down on you. I had the complete opposite day. Started out with IK gloves dropping from Butcher. Then SoH dropped from some rift mobs then Ice Climbers (which I spent maybe 3-5k shards gambling for) dropped from some rift mobs (same rift too iirc.) Three massive upgrades in one day. If you got clear upgrades each and every day you log in the game would get boring real fast.
Clear upgrades? No, the progression doesn't have to be that obtuse. All you have to do is give the sense that the player is making progress. Make blood shards and souls add up to something. To me, all they add up to is a bunch of rares from Kadala and 2/4 affix tradeskill sets rolls that get salvaged immediately. Oh, yeah, extra time is required to farm those tradeskill mats. As in, time not farming bounties or rifts.

I'm not sure I would have considered those IK gloves a good drop. You got 2/4 good affixes that's only saved by the set bonus.

Tenks

Maybe I'm a legendary hoarder or something but I never seem to have an abundance of souls. I'm quite happy everytime a rift boss drops one. I think the most I've ever had was 15 at one time. Maybe my reroll-fu sucks but I seem to burn 10 or so every time I have to reroll a legendary.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
No they don't. Weapons effect how your character performs far, far more than a class specific offhand or a slot of armor. Being able to roll an individual weapon type would greatly diminish the feeling of getting a legendary weapon drop. I already think gambling rates should be lowered. I spent maybe 1000 shards on chest pieces and got no fewer than 6 legendaries. And this is pretty common for me not really RNG being RNG.
Mirrorball, homunculus, emimei's, light of grace, cosmic strand, myken's, bombadier's, etc. There's quite a few build-changing off-hands out there. I agree that they probably shouldn't thin it out to wand, sword, axe, mace, etc., but it needs to be able to be narrowed down alittlebit. Even if you get X weapon, there's still the high chance that it rolls shitty.

Nola

Trakanon Raider

I mentioned this a while ago, let you choose items based on stats like str, int or dex and then it would drop that specific stat gear. Got replies it was a horrible idea. *shrug*

axeman_sl

shitlord
Who can invite to the EU clan? I posted a few hours ago but the thread has already grown by like eight pages since then.

Larsen#2974

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Clear upgrades? No, the progression doesn't have to be that obtuse. All you have to do is give the sense that the player is making progress. Make blood shards and souls add up to something. To me, all they add up to is a bunch of rares from Kadala and 2/4 affix tradeskill sets rolls that get salvaged immediately. Oh, yeah, extra time is required to farm those tradeskill mats. As in, time not farming bounties or rifts.
This is my issue. My upgrades are limited to a few very specific things:

Natalya's Boots + Hand Xbow - Nat's shit is basically nonexistent at L70.
Calamity - Can actually 'gamble' this, but 4500ish shards and nothing.
Marauder's Shoulders and Gloves - Can't target this at all, keep getting dupes of the pieces that are already rolled well or that I don't need at all.
Pride's Fall - I don't even want to know how many A3 bounties I've done at this point.
Talisman of Aranoch - I'd estimate 80+% of my deaths are due to frozen or frozen pulse. I'd use it even with a vit roll, but getting one is next to impossible let alone one with dex/crit/CHD/RCR.

And that's it. Other than getting dupes of items I already have that happened to roll 1-2% better there are no other upgrades.

Needless

Toe Sucker
It makes me sad that Talisman of Aranoch doesn't prevent freeze
frown.png
but that would probably be OP lol

Xevy

Log Wizard
How's your survivability then? Mind linking your profile?
Xevron - Community - Diablo III

That's my lightning set I'm still fucking around with. My 'best' set is my fire set. Either way my toughness is usually around 7.5mil alone and somewhere between 960-1100 all resists. In my fire set I have like 350khp compared to lightning with 260khp. Honestly in my fire set (that's 350khp, 1100 AR, about 8k armor) I feel fine. The only real problem I have is in group games on T4 where I can't melt mobs and I get moltened/electrified/arcaned to death. Most shit doesn't hurt and with ~6k LoH and a good proccer like WoTHF: FOF you can get that life back in big groups.

If you have any problem living just put on mantra of healing with LITERALLY any rune and just spam that shit with Chant of Resonance passive. That'll make up for a ton of defense. Besides that I think 300-400k hp, 8k armor, and 1000+ AR are solid stats to aim for for T3-T4. I'd go 400-500k, 10k armor, and at least 1400 AR for T5-T6. T6 fucking hurts though. I wouldn't recommend anything but cheez builds for that unless you're SoH/TF hopping around in a 1 player game.

EDIT: I've been testing weapons/rings all day with that lightning build and what I have on is weirdly optimal. I have a base dmg trifecta Hellfire that I use with my fire set in place of that SoJ. Currently on Azmodan dps checks I'm doing 19million dps on fights > 1 minute and around 30mil dps on fights > 30 seconds. (Epiphany)

Tenks

This is my issue. My upgrades are limited to a few very specific things:

Natalya's Boots + Hand Xbow - Nat's shit is basically nonexistent at L70.
Calamity - Can actually 'gamble' this, but 4500ish shards and nothing.
Marauder's Shoulders and Gloves - Can't target this at all, keep getting dupes of the pieces that are already rolled well or that I don't need at all.
Pride's Fall - I don't even want to know how many A3 bounties I've done at this point.
Talisman of Aranoch - I'd estimate 80+% of my deaths are due to frozen or frozen pulse. I'd use it even with a vit roll, but getting one is next to impossible let alone one with dex/crit/CHD/RCR.

And that's it. Other than getting dupes of items I already have that happened to roll 1-2% better there are no other upgrades.
Is there a reason Ice Climbers are a no-go for DH? I was dying constantly to frozen shit as well so they're making my life a ton easier.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Im looking for adventures on my crusader 2nite, anyone want to rift bros?
That's the other annoying thing about the loot system. If you really want to share loot, you should group with your other mainstat classes only. Same class, ideally. Should the loot system make you feel like things like this and split farming normal bounties and T1 rifts are the ideal way to play?

Xevy, I think that's a horrible stopgap for toughness. MoH every 3s(providing you don't take damage to break the bubble) will be a large portion of your spirit. Lots of LoH and only one spirit gen?