Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is there a reason Ice Climbers are a no-go for DH? I was dying constantly to frozen shit as well so they're making my life a ton easier.
Yea Ice Climbers are awesome. I have a pair and don't see myself replacing them anytime soon (if ever).

Xevy

Log Wizard
Chant of Resonance reduces mantra cost while giving passive spirit. 25 spirit per cost isn't too bad, especially if you use inner storm like I usually do (like I said, lightning gear setup is being tested atm). I wish I didn't have to use MoH and be everyone's bubble bitch but it's currently the easiest way to improve myself and all of my groups survivability and jump from T4 as a joke to T5 comfortably in the same amount of time.

As for your LoH comment I'm not sure what you're asking/implying. Unfortunately for lightning builds WotHF:FoF has a fucking nuts attack speed bonus and proc coefficient so it's almost double any other gen for LoH purposes. But with fucking lightning you have to use any of the shit Thunderclap runes or DR: Scattered Blows. Both suck. I use WotHF on my fire build just because I built my belt/legs on that generator and with GNK and LTK I need spirit as fast as I can generate it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm not a huge fan of Deadly Reach, but not sure if any others are that great.

dak

They should just take all of main stats (STR/DEX/INT) and combine them into one stat called "Prowess"

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I feel like with no trading items should roll on ID instead of on drop. Oh you got a Magefist on your Wizard but would rather use it on your DH? ID it on the DH so you get the dex roll.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Chant of Resonance reduces mantra cost while giving passive spirit. 25 spirit per cost isn't too bad, especially if you use inner storm like I usually do (like I said, lightning gear setup is being tested atm). I wish I didn't have to use MoH and be everyone's bubble bitch but it's currently the easiest way to improve myself and all of my groups survivability and jump from T4 as a joke to T5 comfortably in the same amount of time.

As for your LoH comment I'm not sure what you're asking/implying. Unfortunately for lightning builds WotHF:FoF has a fucking nuts attack speed bonus and proc coefficient so it's almost double any other gen for LoH purposes. But with fucking lightning you have to use any of the shit Thunderclap runes or DR: Scattered Blows. Both suck. I use WotHF on my fire build just because I built my belt/legs on that generator and with GNK and LTK I need spirit as fast as I can generate it.
WoTHF has a 16% attack speed bonus. DR has 33%, and CW has 13%.

My overall point is that I don't want to be locked into 1 spirit gen, 1 mantra, 1 passive(2 actually because you should have STI too, 3 in your case because you kept OWE). That is not a solution to the OWE passive problem.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I like that idea, though they would need to change legendaries to show their name before being ID'ed. Wouldn't want to have to memorize like 400 different icons.

Vorph

Is there a reason Ice Climbers are a no-go for DH? I was dying constantly to frozen shit as well so they're making my life a ton easier.
They're great but I need to use Nat's Xbow + Boots and Marauder Gloves + Shoulders + Pants to get the 3pc/4pc combo and still be able to wear Pride's Fall as my helm and Cindercoat as my chest. Ice Climbers to negate jailer would be nice, but Talisman of Aranoch to prevent cold damage is all I really need to vastly improve my survival.

Tenks

They're great but I need to use Nat's Xbow + Boots and Marauder Gloves + Shoulders + Pants to get the 3pc/4pc combo and still be able to wear Pride's Fall as my helm. Ice Climbers to negate jailer would be nice, but Talisman of Aranoch to prevent the cold damage is all I really need to vastly improve my survival.
I assumed it was something like that instead of an obvious oversight like not knowing what Ice Climbers did since I see you on so much

Xevy

Log Wizard
Right, WoTHF:FoF is "slower" but it's proc coefficient is 1.5, 1.26, and 1.0 compared to DR:SB which is 0.85, 0.85, 0.35. Appalling.

I agree. I can't take OWE or STI off my bar and it pisses me off. STR users get armor from strength, INT users get all resist from intelligence. Dex users? Dodge. Which doesn't work on most affix shit that kills us anyways. Huzzah!

Tenks

Every time a monk discussion pops up it seems to become acronym hell. Probably because I know zero of their skills but you guys have insane abbreviations!

Crone

You should play one, share in the misery. Apparently nothing will be fixed because dashing strike.
Did I just get lucky, or has Mantra of Healing + OWE just let me scale up so much more quickly, but to hell if I can what I can on my WD, as I can on my Monk and I've played my WD so much more.

Maybe it's just a melee character thing? Makes me want to go play a Barbarian.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Scale up how? I would say rares + legendary weapons, you should be in T1, regardless of class and spec(idiots withstanding).

Xevy

Log Wizard
Did I just get lucky, or has Mantra of Healing + OWE just let me scale up so much more quickly, but to hell if I can what I can on my WD, as I can on my Monk and I've played my WD so much more.

Maybe it's just a melee character thing? Makes me want to go play a Barbarian.
This is monk's greatest selling points. Easily high all resist and Mantra of Healing. Neither of these are the selling points most monks want~

Tenks

I feel with the additions of Diamonds OWE took a nerf. It is now pretty easy to get flat out high RA. I'm currently running around 1000 RA with Warcry up. Just roll with RA in slots you can get RA and not fuss about getting the correct resist type in the secondary slot.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I feel with the additions of Diamonds OWE took a nerf. It is now pretty easy to get flat out high RA. I'm currently running around 1000 RA with Warcry up. Just roll with RA in slots you can get RA and not fuss about getting the correct resist type in the secondary slot.
No can do. Monks need the extra mitigation from OWE(and STI) to make up for DEX -> Dodge sucks. You don't have two required defensive passives, do you?

Or in the case of Xevy, required active skills?