Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I've been trying for a while now to gamble Andariel's but all I get are Mempo's. I also want to raise my toughness a bit but I'm not sure what to replace without losing a shitton of dps.

I need another pair of Strongarm Bracers (was a fucking moron for not rerolling for lightning damage). Got a pretty kickass Cindercoat I'm not really putting to good use beside Epiphany - Inner Fire.

I'm currently using Dashing Strike - Flying Side Kick to proc my Vaxo because I got no other stun (Wyrdward ring seems to have an internal cooldown and rolls with some awful stats) and I don't see what I could drop for Lashing Tail Kick beside the mantra if I ever get 4 pcs Inna.

Guiding Light passive is a must in a party if you're using Unity / Mantra of Healing.

gogusrl - Community - Diablo III

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
No can do. Monks need the extra mitigation from OWE(and STI) to make up for DEX -> Dodge sucks. You don't have two required defensive passives, do you?

Or in the case of Xevy, required active skills?
I'd argue that War Cry is mostly required at this point for Barbarians. Most run some form of healing or defensive passive. Be it Bloodlust or Superstition. Unforgiving is also a required resource generation passive. I think most classes run into this issue where they are mostly backed into a corner on a few passives/skills.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Melee are because they get hit. Constantly.

Ranged are all "LOL DEWD IM AT 1.4MIL SHEET DPS CUZ NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!"

But hey.. 30% less damage.... right, guys?

axeman_sl

shitlord
I also want to raise my toughness a bit but I'm not sure what to replace without losing a shitton of dps.
1) get a socketed helm and stick an amethyst in it, your life is insanely low

2) work on getting sets, they often give amazing defensive stats in their 2pc and 3pc bonuses and you can easily get 2x3pc with the royal ring. Look at a set like Asheara's, it's very easy to farm the crafting material

3) you have an assload of regen and LoH on your gear where people normally have stuff like allres and %life, that's costing you a lot of toughness

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There are problems with Monks, as Deathwing has stated, and I agree with his assessment.

The issue I see, and I think Blizzard is swinging this way as well is, within a couple play sessions... maybe 10 hours, I went from wet paper bag, to having 7.8-8.5M toughness, with some good DPS to boot. As said I could probably move into higher torments, but I enjoy T1.

Who else can do that as quickly? My WD surely couldn't.

So while there are problems, I feel others might have more problems. It almost felt too easy on the Monk to start face rolling T1.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I have noticed a very stark contrast between the survivability of my monk and crusader. My crusader died last night to some avenger leapers that I just couldn't keep off me after blowing all my wrath. Stupid move on my part, definitely, but I couldn't remember the last time I had died before that.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
I feel with the additions of Diamonds OWE took a nerf. It is now pretty easy to get flat out high RA. I'm currently running around 1000 RA with Warcry up. Just roll with RA in slots you can get RA and not fuss about getting the correct resist type in the secondary slot.
I disagree. If anything, 2.0 + enchantress made OWE super duper DUPER overpowered because you can reroll any secondary stat into your resist of choice, unless of course you have all resist as a primary. All Resist sucks for monks now because it keeps you from getting more resists off of a secondary stat AND a different primary such as armor, vit, dex, crit, elemental dmg, etc.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah.. thats pretty far fetched lol.. you would need perfect primary rolls in order to warrant enchanting a shitty secondary stat for that purpose.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I disagree. If anything, 2.0 + enchantress made OWE super duper DUPER overpowered because you can reroll any secondary stat into your resist of choice, unless of course you have all resist as a primary. All Resist sucks for monks now because it keeps you from getting more resists off of a secondary stat AND a different primary such as armor, vit, dex, crit, elemental dmg, etc.
I mean if you live in a world where you don't have to re-roll a primary sure then you can afford the luxury of rolling a secondary into your resist type. But I've never gotten a legendary I wanted to use with perfect primaries.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol oh dang! I've ran a few times with him and he was doing Rifts and it was fine. Why you guys hating?

Honestly I thought it was Hatorade, but clearly I was wrong. haha

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That is like the third complaint about him, some one kick him or I will tonight. Don't be a dick people!
I think the dude is bipolar, he was really helpful with us killing Malth on T1 but then ripped Teck a new asshole as well as another dude the other day.

Is he a forum member?

Nadiar

Silver Knight of the Realm
Xevron - Community - Diablo III

EDIT: I've been testing weapons/rings all day with that lightning build and what I have on is weirdly optimal. I have a base dmg trifecta Hellfire that I use with my fire set in place of that SoJ. Currently on Azmodan dps checks I'm doing 19million dps on fights > 1 minute and around 30mil dps on fights > 30 seconds. (Epiphany)
Is there a site that has the HP of different bosses at different difficulties?