Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No, it was just plain bad. If you weren't playing Inferno pre-nerf, you have no business talking about whether or not D3 was bad at release.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
No, it was just plain bad. If you weren't playing Inferno pre-nerf, you have no business talking about whether or not D3 was bad at release.
I was past ghom and progressing through a3 when 1.04 hit, not a dime spent on rmah, I didn't "hit the lottery" on any items, I was not a gah tycoon, and I have casual play times. It was not that bad.

How quickly people forget error 37.
It wasn't that bad. Besides launch day I have never not been able to connect when I wanted to play (that was for about an hour) and I have never once been disconnected from a game since day 1.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Did you erase the first month from your memory? Remember, since they are forcing you to play online, bnet's performance must be held to a much higher standard. Besides error 37, which went on for a lot longer than launch day, any disconnects, lags, rubber banding, etc, is a serious knock against them. Especially since the idiots didn't do a stress test.

The state of the game at launch was bad. It only started to get good at 1.0.4.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
1.03 was the patch gav was talking about.
Well whatever patch it was that first nerfed inferno.

Did you erase the first month from your memory? Remember, since they are forcing you to play online, bnet's performance must be held to a much higher standard. Besides error 37, which went on for a lot longer than launch day, any disconnects, lags, rubber banding, etc, is a serious knock against them. Especially since the idiots didn't do a stress test.

Like I said I have pretty casual play times, always during prime time hours, I've never not been able to play the game when I wanted to since launch day. I read a lot of angry posts while at work about people who couldn't play. Error 37 was a very real thing no doubt, it just wasn't that bad. I did have some rubber banding issues, but they resolved that fairly quickly. Performance issues aside though since that is long and gone, I was talking more about the gameplay.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Although I agree about most of the initial problems with the game, I still enjoyed the gameplay enough to get all 5 classes up to 60 before the inferno nerf, and it's only gotten better and better. I'm tempted to make new lowbies just to play through the early game again with the new skill changes, seems like it would be hilarious.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm

I played at launch (more then casually) and I don't ever remember getting the error 37, never had any disconnects, very few lag episodes (although 1 did kill of a 28th HC Sorc), or rubber banding.

But then again I only played with friends and never an open game. Even before the 1.03 or 1.04 patch I was in Inferno Act 2 with my WD. I will say though, that I was stopped there and would have had to farm Act 1 for quite a while to get past there unless I was willing to die a lot.

I'm pleased so many are getting so many more Legendaries, since my luck with them was terrible. After the patch that supposed increased their find rate I put in 100+ hours (320%+ MF) in Act3 tower to Asmodan and never found one. That pretty much killed the game for me, but that's an entirely different issue.

HUH_sl

shitlord
It had issues on release that are mostly fixed but the gameplay of D3 has always been miles ahead of any of the other current ARPGs out there right now. It just has bad level randomization, no ladder of any sort and shitty chat features. For the first hundred hours you don't really notice it, but soon you'd be wishing Blizzard would copy PoE's map system or implement some sort of infinite random dungeon of their own.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played at launch (more then casually) and I don't ever remember getting the error 37, never had any disconnects, very few lag episodes (although 1 did kill of a 28th HC Sorc), or rubber banding.

But then again I only played with friends and never an open game. Even before the 1.03 or 1.04 patch I was in Inferno Act 2 with my WD. I will say though, that I was stopped there and would have had to farm Act 1 for quite a while to get past there unless I was willing to die a lot.

I'm pleased so many are getting so many more Legendaries, since my luck with them was terrible. After the patch that supposed increased their find rate I put in 100+ hours (320%+ MF) in Act3 tower to Asmodan and never found one. That pretty much killed the game for me, but that's an entirely different issue.
If you don't remember server issues at launch, you have selective memory. It didn't matter what kind of game you played in since error 37 happened due to login server overload/downtime. Blizzard acknowledged this problem, so it was very real. Lag/disconnects happened in all game types (single/private/public); the problem was server-side. If you never lagged or disconnected, I guess you were EXTREMELY lucky. I find it very hard to believe. I lagged and sometimes disconnected in single player games regularly in the first few weeks after launch.

Also, if you've played patch 1.0.5 or later and didn't see a legendary in 100+ hours of play, you were probably blowing through maps so fast you were missing drops. If I do an act clearing run in Inferno with at least MP1, I can't remember the last time I didn't get at least 1 lego. They are much easier to spot now with the new sound effect, column of light effect and mini-map marker.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can attest that I had the error 37 and latency issues for about two or three weeks after launch. However, that just seems to be Blizzard's M.O. for new games (expansions seem to be immune from this) and you can just count on it being pretty laggy for a few weeks after launch.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
If you don't remember server issues at launch, you have selective memory. It didn't matter what kind of game you played in since error 37 happened due to login server overload/downtime. Blizzard acknowledged this problem, so it was very real. Lag/disconnects happened in all game types (single/private/public); the problem was server-side. If you never lagged or disconnected, I guess you were EXTREMELY lucky. I find it very hard to believe. I lagged and sometimes disconnected in single player games regularly in the first few weeks after launch.

Also, if you've played patch 1.0.5 or later and didn't see a legendary in 100+ hours of play, you were probably blowing through maps so fast you were missing drops. If I do an act clearing run in Inferno with at least MP1, I can't remember the last time I didn't get at least 1 lego. They are much easier to spot now with the new sound effect, column of light effect and mini-map marker.
I wasn't disputing the error 37. I just never experienced it. As far a Legendaries, WD here, no blowing through any act. Each run through the tower to Asmodan would take a couple of hours(MP3). If I remember right, with my build I was around 55k - 60k damage running on MP3. So 40 or so runs, which feels about right. I know, random loot drop is random. I pick up everything though, blues included. So no, I didn't miss any Legendaries. Tbh, when I saw the vid of that Barbarian back on FoH, clear the tower in under 15 mintues it was a real ball buster since I have to work pretty good to get through the the tower.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I can attest that I had the error 37 and latency issues for about two or three weeks after launch. However, that just seems to be Blizzard's M.O. for new games (expansions seem to be immune from this) and you can just count on it being pretty laggy for a few weeks after launch.
SC2 launch was pretty solid IIRC

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wasn't disputing the error 37. I just never experienced it. As far a Legendaries, WD here, no blowing through any act. Each run through the tower to Asmodan would take a couple of hours(MP3). If I remember right, with my build I was around 55k - 60k damage running on MP3. So 40 or so runs, which feels about right. I know, random loot drop is random. I pick up everything though, blues included. So no, I didn't miss any Legendaries. Tbh, when I saw the vid of that Barbarian back on FoH, clear the tower in under 15 mintues it was a real ball buster since I have to work pretty good to get through the the tower.
Ouch man, sorry to hear about your lego situation. The RNG must REALLY hate you. Prior to legos doing everything but screaming "LOOK DUDE I DROPPED, PICK ME UP", I almost missed a couple that were on orange-colored ground or that dropped when I was plowing through trash.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Why does MP10 Keeps2 have such a lust for dropping new legendaries that I didn't know exist.

BTW if you haven't heard of a legendary it is because it is absolute dogshit

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is keeps2? This has been posted twice now about how apparently MP10 is working how I think it should work in the game, for this area. Of course I am pretty sure I would have problems on MP10, but I would at least give it a try if I knew the rewards made it worthwhile.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Act 3, The Keep Depths Level 2 I imagine.

Port to Keep Depths Level 1, walk right into level 2 from there.