Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I gave mp10 a shot last night in keep 2/3.

I was also killing elites. They weren't that bad. Would take me 2-4 minutes per elites pack and I maybe died once or twice.
I'd say it took me 25 mins top to clear lvl 2 and 3
Just gotta keep an eye out for those fallen maniac when you slam down a door.
Got 2 shitty legs ( Ageless might and The Gibdinn ). Also got Nat's cloak which of course ended rolling terrible.
I hate the fallen maniacs. Fuck them.

I've been doing Crypt of the Ancients MP10 over and over, I've gotten two legendary's today in maybe 25 runs. Got the idea from watching the US vs. Euro twitch.tv farming competition today. I tried Archon on my wizard first, had to drop down to MP7 to minimize deaths to asshole elites, so I switched to CM and I can do clear all trash and named fine, outside of the really shitfuck elites on MP10.

Does anybody ever do Ubers anymore? I've accumulated some machines, but I've never been there and have no idea what to do and I have bad memories of doing random pugs from WoW, and would rather not look like too much of a noob myself.

Needless

Toe Sucker
so are monks really good now with those buffs? haven't played in quite awhile.. thinking of starting back up again, either my HC WD in A2 Inferno or a fresh HC Monk

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I don't know about uber-characters, but my Monk still sucks ass compared to my DH. It just kills far too damn slow and has no real way of escaping the killer affix combos like "Jailer Arcane" or some shit. I've come to realize that the game basically revolves around gearing for the 2-3 combos that kill you. Everything else is just fodder. Sure, my Monk deals more damage with certain abilities now but who really cares? I still get killed by the stuff that killed me before, and "time of death" is really all that slows you down. Again, I should emphasize that I mean MP6-0. Above that, I don't know since I don't farm those with either character - too much effort. I've heard that Monk kicks ass at 8+ compared to DH but I can't be bothered investing to find out.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The monk changes didn't actually affect the best monk builds beyond some very minor buffs. My monk farms fine on mp6 and crazy fast on mp3. MP10 is a bit slow and it's hard to get around elites, so Barb is probably better for that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd definitely like to find someone for ubers, currently have 6 machines atm, but never done them before and would rather not waste the machines on a lower MP level just to get a feel for it. Also don't really want to try soloing a higher MP level.

Also looking for a DH build and how to gear one up, mine is effectively naked, all I used him for was pre-nerf whimsy farming.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you look on the official D3 class forums, there's posts of people you can friend to run ubers on MP10. I did a set of 3 machines without a hitch. It just takes time to burn down through the hps of those things at that point.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate the fallen maniacs. Fuck them.

I've been doing Crypt of the Ancients MP10 over and over, I've gotten two legendary's today in maybe 25 runs. Got the idea from watching the US vs. Euro twitch.tv farming competition today. I tried Archon on my wizard first, had to drop down to MP7 to minimize deaths to asshole elites, so I switched to CM and I can do clear all trash and named fine, outside of the really shitfuck elites on MP10.

Does anybody ever do Ubers anymore? I've accumulated some machines, but I've never been there and have no idea what to do and I have bad memories of doing random pugs from WoW, and would rather not look like too much of a noob myself.
This works really well. I can drop bloodthirst and use brawler and extra 30% damage bonus for most of the run and I fly through these.

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
Is this game worth picking up now? I've never played...everyone speaks so poorly of it when I wander around different boards. Is it still $50?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly it is almost worth spending 25 dollars and buying 100 Million gold just to get the gear(A really nice Skorn) that allows for easy farming and being able to even handle MP10. I have been contemplating it just due to the fact that I no longer pay any monthly subscription on games. Also it seems the AH has slowed down for me on selling items. I have Lacuni Prowlers with 9% IAS and 4.5% to crit with AR and they will not sell at 25M. Hell I put them up at 19.9M and they still did not sell.

The occasional dollar here and there for Gold seems ok. Is tempting to use the other sites but I just get the feeling that I would lose my account from either Blizzard or the very site I went to. Somebody mentioned that Blizzard removed the lowest donominator on selling gold on the euro servers. Did that get fixed or did it remain? That would pretty much end the gold farmers market I think.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Use playerauctions, you'll be fine. Plus you'll be getting a much better value (you can get 300m gold for under $30). Even if you do end up getting banned, this game isn't that fun anyways.

kitsune

Picked the game up this weekend again after not playing for a year. Had sold everything worthwhile on the RMAH so had 0 gold and shitty shitshit. Got some pretty nice stuff from a mate and started farming mp2 and onwards (currently doing mp6 act1 or mp5 act2/3). Finally crafted a hellfire ring, turned out shitty as hell but it's still great.

I've a few questions though;

Is MP10 act 1 the same as MP10 act 3 in terms of dropped item quality, exp per monster, difficulty? My biggest gripe with the game used to be that you only ever did one type of content all the time. Judging from the posts advocating running keeps level 2, it seems to still be the norm?

How exactly is magicfind capped now? I notice I have 17*3=51% from my current paragon level, and then I get a bit more from my merc and then nephalems valor netting me at 250% or so with 5 stacks. Is it still 300? Is it 300 pre-nephalem? I am hopelessly confused here..

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Picked the game up this weekend again after not playing for a year. Had sold everything worthwhile on the RMAH so had 0 gold and shitty shitshit. Got some pretty nice stuff from a mate and started farming mp2 and onwards (currently doing mp6 act1 or mp5 act2/3). Finally crafted a hellfire ring, turned out shitty as hell but it's still great.

I've a few questions though;

Is MP10 act 1 the same as MP10 act 3 in terms of dropped item quality, exp per monster, difficulty? My biggest gripe with the game used to be that you only ever did one type of content all the time. Judging from the posts advocating running keeps level 2, it seems to still be the norm?

How exactly is magicfind capped now? I notice I have 17*3=51% from my current paragon level, and then I get a bit more from my merc and then nephalems valor netting me at 250% or so with 5 stacks. Is it still 300? Is it 300 pre-nephalem? I am hopelessly confused here..
If MP is turned on (1 or greater), loot quality is uniform across all acts.

The 300 cap on MF is gear+follower+paragon. Bonus MF from MP or shrine adds on top of the cap.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
That stinks, I'd spend like $20-$25 bucks now that it's been out a while. Too bad you can't really buy it used I guess.
I find accounts/cd keys for 20-30 all the time to bot. Not hard, sometimes best buy has sales for 30-35.. I only buy the cd keys but had a buddy pickup the account for 20$ that I saw. Always gotta worry with cd keys though, most of my 30$ I got on best buy sales but a few from forum people with reputation. Theres also the RUS keys that u can get for $30 anytime but I havent really messed with that, seemed like pita.

If you know someone with access to brazilian's d3 rmah they can get you d3 for like $10. if you do let me know :p need access to their rmah to buy gold with USD then sell gold for their currency (crazy exchange rate) then buy d3 cd key gift via bnet balance

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly it is almost worth spending 25 dollars and buying 100 Million gold just to get the gear(A really nice Skorn) that allows for easy farming and being able to even handle MP10. I have been contemplating it just due to the fact that I no longer pay any monthly subscription on games. Also it seems the AH has slowed down for me on selling items. I have Lacuni Prowlers with 9% IAS and 4.5% to crit with AR and they will not sell at 25M. Hell I put them up at 19.9M and they still did not sell.

The occasional dollar here and there for Gold seems ok. Is tempting to use the other sites but I just get the feeling that I would lose my account from either Blizzard or the very site I went to. Somebody mentioned that Blizzard removed the lowest donominator on selling gold on the euro servers. Did that get fixed or did it remain? That would pretty much end the gold farmers market I think.
I honestly don't know what sells for 10m+ besides high end weapons, ultra high end legendaries and great rings.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, the market has really tanked for a lot of trifecta items. Great if you're buying, terrible if you're selling.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I wouldnt buy gold for 25/100 mil when theres websites selling 100 mil for 8-9 bucks lmao, get a bil for 80

kitsune

If MP is turned on (1 or greater), loot quality is uniform across all acts.

The 300 cap on MF is gear+follower+paragon. Bonus MF from MP or shrine adds on top of the cap.
Thanks for clearing it up for me. Sorry, I tried adding reputation to you but it apparentely became a neg. Dunno if any mod can fix it, didn't seem to be a way to retract it...

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haha, I saw it earlier and I was thinking "Damn, that Kitsune is a heartless bastard!". Thanks for clearing it up. Good luck with your farming!