Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Act 3, The Keep Depths Level 2 I imagine.

Port to Keep Depths Level 1, walk right into level 2 from there.
It is. Legendary drops are hit or miss. I've found about 10 so far (none worth anything). But it is a good change of pace and selling legandaries seems to really be the only way of generating the 60m I need for a decent set of innas.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MP5 is the best I can do unless I switch to CM and just perma-freeze, but my CM set is pretty weak so far. I might try this at MP5 and try and keep track of my drops.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Should also note when we talk about doing MP10 Keeps2 we just blow past elite packs. Usually I just gather a group of white mobs up into a group so I can maximize my WW/WLTW damage on them and then keep going. At MP10 my MF is capped and I'm getting +500% (more like 580 I think) XP. Like Ishad said the only real downside is you don't get demonic essence. But if I really need to farm DEs I can just load up VotA at MP2 and get about 25/hr.

Loyang_sl

shitlord
I gave mp10 a shot last night in keep 2/3.

I was also killing elites. They weren't that bad. Would take me 2-4 minutes per elites pack and I maybe died once or twice.

I'd say it took me 25 mins top to clear lvl 2 and 3

Just gotta keep an eye out for those fallen maniac when you slam down a door.

Got 2 shitty legs ( Ageless might and The Gibdinn ). Also got Nat's cloak which of course ended rolling terrible.

Tenks

I just have a hard time seeing how killing the elites would be worth my time doing this on MP10. Granted NV will give you 100% more MF that you can't get via gear/bonus. Unless the MP bonus doesn't count towards the 300% MF cap. I was under the assumption it did.

So I have 300% MF and with 5 NV I have 400% MF. So effectively I gave myself 25% more MF. But that is at the cost of probably 15-20 minutes of just grinding down elites. I could do an entire clear of Keeps2 (probably twice) in that amount of time. The numbers just don't make sense to me to kill them.

If your response is "because I like it and find it fun" then that is fair. I do a ton of things in D3 that aren't absolute most efficient because I enjoy playing at my own pace doing my own thing.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MP5 is the best I can do unless I switch to CM and just perma-freeze, but my CM set is pretty weak so far. I might try this at MP5 and try and keep track of my drops.
High mp is pretty crucial for the +bonus item%. Basically all white mobs have a chance to drop loot. That percentage varies depending on the mob so whites with low hp and spawn in packs have a lower chance to drop anything. Bonus item means if you kill a mob with a 15% to drop loot that if you land on the 85% of the wheel that is no loot it rolls again based on your bonus item (which is 10% per mp). So at mp10 every mob you kill will drop something.

Tenks

Is that accurate to how the mechanic works? Do you have a source for it? I'm honestly curious because anecdotal I thought it meant basically if a mob drops an item it has a chance to drop a second item as well. An "item" is basically anything that isn't gold. So hp pots, tomes and of course loot. I've found in MP10 if I kill a mob and a piece of loot flies out from him another piece flies out as well. However I've very often killed a mob and nothing flies out. But I've never seen a solid write up on how the mechanic works.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
High mp is pretty crucial for the +bonus item%. Basically all white mobs have a chance to drop loot. That percentage varies depending on the mob so whites with low hp and spawn in packs have a lower chance to drop anything. Bonus item means if you kill a mob with a 15% to drop loot that if you land on the 85% of the wheel that is no loot it rolls again based on your bonus item (which is 10% per mp). So at mp10 every mob you kill will drop something.
Good point. And I also posted before I realized this strategy involves skipping all elite packs. I should have no problem killing regular mobs on mp10.

Tenks

When a monster dies, the first thing we do is decide whether it's going to drop loot at all.
Most monsters - like say your everyday shambling zombies - have a roughly 30% chance to drop loot. The exact percentage, however, varies from monster to monster (for example, the Tormented Stingers in Act III have a much lower chance because they spawn in large packs and are easy to kill).

When you kill a monster in Inferno on MP1 or higher, if you pass the initial roll to obtain loot, you will also get a second roll to get an additional piece of loot. The "bonus item" chance for each MP level is detailed here. A few monsters are exempt from the bonus loot, but we tried to put it on the vast majority of normal monsters, and will probably add it to more if we like how the system plays out.

Also, just to be clear, the bonus drop applies to Normal monsters only. We wanted Monster Power to provide players with extra loot rolls, and (since Champions and Rares are already guaranteed to drop multiple items) Normal monsters seemed like the best place for us to add that mechanic in.
If I'm reading this right basically it says first things first it is checks if a monster will drop loot. So 3/10 a zombie will drop loot. It then says if you pass that intial check (ie: "I am going to drop loot") it does a second roll. So it sounds more like in MP10 10/10 you will get a bonus item 3/10 times. Are you reading it differently or did I come to the wrong conclusion?

Tenks

Alright. Thanks for the link I was always confused exactly how that mechanic operated.

Xith

I cleared keep2-3, 3 times at MP10, killing most champ packs and only found 1 legendary. It was decent though. I had around 530MF at I think NV3. Not sure if it's worth it, but it's something different to do. The exploding guys insta-kill me though.. which kind of sucks. I put on some additional hp gear to got to 65k, and got my resists all over 700+, and I still died instantly, heh. I think the rare elites have over 50mil hps.. unless I didn't see it right. I actually killed one and took quite a while. I don't even think it had an extra health affix.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Should also note when we talk about doing MP10 Keeps2 we just blow past elite packs. Usually I just gather a group of white mobs up into a group so I can maximize my WW/WLTW damage on them and then keep going. At MP10 my MF is capped and I'm getting +500% (more like 580 I think) XP. Like Ishad said the only real downside is you don't get demonic essence. But if I really need to farm DEs I can just load up VotA at MP2 and get about 25/hr.
You can't cap your MF with the MP setting. Only gear and paragon is counted against the cap.

Tenks

Alright I wasn't sure how plvl MF + gear MF interacted with MP MF. This game has so many hidden rules it is astonishing.

So basically there are three MF buckets? (Gear+Paragon) MF, MP level MF, NV MF? The first capping at 300%?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yep.

Agreed that the game is bad at pointing this info out. Not sure I would know about it if I didn't read patch notes.

Example: see all the people a few weeks ago that thought the Watchtower was STILL in Northern Highlands.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
From time to time, a fan will write a huge design idea post which inevitably gets linked on all the fan sites. Before today, I thought all of them had it wrong, and although commendable for their effort in improving the game, they usually didn't fix anything and involved going back to masochistic D2 ideas that for the majority of people (i.e. the people who didn't play D2 for 10 years) would be a horrible idea. The things that kept people playing D2 for that long arenotthe good parts of D2. They're the part that for a tiny subset of people who played D2, filled an addiction. D2 was not actually fun to play for a very long time for most people. The retention rate of D3 after a year was far higher than D2, but still could've been better, better to the point where the playerbase could've actually been larger after a year then it was at launch. I only played until a couple months after 1.10 was released because I just couldn't stand the idea of re-building my barb, yet again. I got my first barb to 94 in 1.04, and despite how much easier it was to level with every subsequent patch, I just couldn't be arsed to get that high again.

Finally though, I think someone actually has some good ideas:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...49170?page=1#1
I've only read through the first section so far, but I think it's far better than previous "Fix D3" posts.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow, that is a well thought out post with many positive solutions to what would greatly improve this game. Can only hope it has some sort of effect on the people involved with the changes in D3.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Aren't a lot of the changes that happened things Athene/et all were saying should happen? Not saying that they for sure influenced the patches, but it looked suspiciously like it a couple times.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Example: see all the people a few weeks ago that thought the Watchtower was STILL in Northern Highlands.
To be fair, it is pretty rare in Southern Highlands as well now; I've checked a number of times and have yet to see it.