Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Any pro Witch Doctors have any advice for me?

Docbeezy - Community - Diablo III

My gear is pretty bad and I have no idea what build to run or what torment I could efficiently do bounties/Rifts as Runner on.

Aside from what I've got equipped, the only things of note in my stash are 19% fire dmg Sanguinary Vambraces, 20% fire damage Magefist, and a random 11% fire damage rare neck I kept.

I've been mostly just running pet builds and gambling for a Taskers and Theo currently.

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
Brikker, you're off to a good start with the Mask of Jeram and Ring of Royal Grandeur. Just keep plugging away at the highest difficulty you can handle without dying too much, and the gear will eventually drop for you. I would dump Midnight Feast and Fierce Loyalty in place of Gruesome Feast and Grave Injustice....These are 2 passives I can't live without. Grave Injustice will help out with Fetish Army and Big Bad Voodoo cooldowns. Try it out.

I like to use poison darts to summon fetishes quickly. I can't compare it to rain of frogs because I haven't used that ability in quite a while. I do like Acid Cloud with the Acid Rain rune since it hits almost everything on the screen, although it is extremely mana intensive, you'll need mana regen gear or resource cost reduction items to use it effectively. You should get rid of Piranhas and use spirit walk instead, it's a lifesaver on the higher torments.

Get rid of firebomb on your leggings and try to reroll a couple of sockets. Get rid of firebomb on your belt and reroll a skill you actually use.

This is my current build:Redfern - Community - Diablo III- I can handle T4 despite my pathetic toughness.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't think I'd run without Fierce Loyalty after this patch, movement speed is just too important for efficient farming.

khorum

Murder Apologist
soooo

bigdog critting for 90m on elites with zh+mf+fierce loyalty lol. I found a ring on one of my followers but I had been brimming them every time they dropped.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Patch makes my sound card pop and then kills it so my PC has no sound, sadness. I hope the maint today fixes this before the 100% buff to legs and kadala goes in today.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
According to the internet (aka reddit) the WW effect from Bul Kathos set couldn't crit. That has been fixed. May need to re-visit those with a physical build then.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
According to the internet (aka reddit) the WW effect from Bul Kathos set couldn't crit. That has been fixed. May need to re-visit those with a physical build then.
Do you have a link? Before this patch BK proc didn't crit itself, but people who tested it said the white damage scaled off crit. If it's changed now it either double dips (white damage scaled on crit + critting after the fact) or they just lowered the white damage to add yellow and it's likely in the same spot as before. I'll them out again later to see how it is for speed running, but I imagine TF/Odyn+SoH lightning is still better for how I set mine up for T3/4.

Too bad physical no longer has a damage increasing or cc frenzy rune and it still doesn't have an earthquake rune. I'm surprised they haven't made most of the rend runes into various elements yet. I think the only way physical could have been competitive with fire in t6 is to make a physical earthquake rune (scrap that first fire one), keep the fury generated from earthen might + eq set and do a lower damage quake + toss build.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
How bad is the EQ nerf? I would think its still workable.

I know some friends in Skype last night were saying that Kadala gave two of them set pieces so thats working at least.

Tenks

I know some friends in Skype last night were saying that Kadala gave two of them set pieces so thats working at least.
You mean the proccessed EQs from Leap not processing Earthen Might? It is pretty significant. It used to be LeapQuake basically gave you limitless fury but the fury generation of the build took a huge nose dive. Still probably the best high torment set. I could see a traditional HOTA build being better for low torment now.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dont have it so not familiar with how it worked, I figured you would be ok on wrath with superstition + war cry but had no clue.

Tenks

Get your crusader faggy sheild throwing wrath out of a fury discussion!

Superstition only works if you're taking non-ele damage. You can't always rely on it. War Cry gives pretty crappy Fury. Basically 1 Fury per second (assuming no CDR.) It will probably be better with the EQ set (I don't have it) to just drop HOTA for a builder ... either Cleave or Frenzy. Probably Frenzy. Take Berserker's Rage and just don't spend fury outside of when you drop your hotbar EQ then quickly try to make it up by timing it with War Cry. If I had the set I'd do something like:

Frenzy w/ Maniac
Leap w/ Arreat

EQ w/ Molten
Avalance w/ Volcano (drop this for Battle Cry?)
Revenge w/ Fire rune
Overpower (possibly stomp) w/ Fire rune (possibly War Cry? -- War Cry may not be needed with 2xUnity)

P1: Rampage
P2: Berserker's Rage
P3: Earthen Might
P4: Ruthless (POSSIBLY Brawler. Would take testing.)

That is just a theory crafted build. I still am waiting for that slut Kadala to give me the EQ legs.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord

It's still the only truly viable barb T6 set. Boulder is clunky on trash, lightning just doesn't do enough damage, cold got a big damage nerf by removing the knockup on seismic. To be honest, the EQ set fury loss didn't affect me much because I use the WW-heal on crit rune as my "spender" anyway for sustain/mobility- most of the damage is in the quakes regardless. I ended up putting diamonds instead of rubies in my gear, and then switching the earthen might passive for an extra DPS one and came out around the same clear time: 9-14 minutes depending on density and my survivability is way up.

My bigger gripe is with the animation. It feels just as shitty as the male barb leap/furious charge now, with an arbitrary animation lock at the end. May be worth testing to see if the male barb spends more time in the air vs female barb being on the ground frozen- could affect survivability. Spending development resources to make abilities feel shittier is just fucking spiteful.

Tenks

It seems the upper limit of Lightning Barb is around T3 efficiently. I can cruise through it pretty easily and outside of getting better IK gloves, a CC+HOTA IK helm, Amulet with Light%/CC/CHD and moving my IK belt to the boot slot (w/ HOTA) to swap in Thundergod's there isn't a whole lot more I could do to my guy. With those I think my efficiency on elites would be enough to justify moving from T2 to T3. Possibly if everything rolled perfect like that T4 would be efficiently do-able.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
It seems the upper limit of Lightning Barb is around T3 efficiently.
I think it depends a lot if you're talking about solo or group play, too. Solo, lightning is fine (probably even the most efficient) up until T4. It can DO through t6 easily enough due to all the stuns, but noone wants a 25-30minute clear time. For group play, subtract 1-2 levels for peak efficiency, 3 if you're carrying bads. I like to join T1 public games on my lightning barb, it feels like solo t3/4 speedwise and newbs shit themselves.

Have you looked into dropping your Raekor's for 2+1 Aughild's? I'm a big fan of the set personally. Only thing you really gain DPS-wise with raek is the 500 strength, but the survivability on Aughild's (-7% all damage, -15% elite) should let you switch to all rubies and combined with the bonus elite damage you should come out pretty far ahead in terms of damage.

Tenks

I think it depends a lot if you're talking about solo or group play, too. Solo, lightning is fine (probably even the most efficient) up until T4. It can DO through t6 easily enough due to all the stuns, but noone wants a 25-30minute clear time. For group play, subtract 1-2 levels for peak efficiency, 3 if you're carrying bads. I like to join T1 public games on my lightning barb, it feels like solo t3/4 speedwise and newbs shit themselves.

Have you looked into dropping your Raekor's for 2+1 Aughild's? I'm a big fan of the set personally. Only thing you really gain DPS-wise with raek is the 500 strength, but the survivability on Aughild's (-7% all damage, -15% elite) should let you switch to all rubies and combined with the bonus elite damage you should come out pretty far ahead in terms of damage.
I haven't but that is a good suggestion. I'll look into that this evening. I *think* I own that set.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I crafted a flawless Aughilds BP but I'm fire so Cinder is a must. That leaves me with shoulders, bracers, and helm. Losing the 20% fire in a helm might be worth the reduced damage + increased elite damage but definetly cant loose the reapers wraps ever.

Dem damn wraps give me the most wrath.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well with items going from rare as shit to gear out your character in full sets overnight I now have Vyr's and Tal's 4 piece which is nice. I could use some advice from the other wizards on what I can do to improve my gear at this point.

Phoenix - Community - Diablo III

In the mean time I guess I am just going to gear up all the other characters before they nerf the Lvl 1 T6 Gravy Train.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
I crafted a flawless Aughilds BP but I'm fire so Cinder is a must. That leaves me with shoulders, bracers, and helm. Losing the 20% fire in a helm might be worth the reduced damage + increased elite damage but definetly cant loose the reapers wraps ever.

Dem damn wraps give me the most wrath.
You can do like I do on my lightning barb (I use warzechian on him since I gotta go fast), keep the aughild's shoulders on and just switch bracers in for the 2pc on the rift bosses when there's not many globes around anyway. I would probably be better off just keeping my aughild's helm on and dropping andy's as well, now that I think about it more (since I have 15% hota on the helm in addition to the 15% elite damage bonus I'd get all the time). Be warned if you try to craft the helm, none of the stats are guaranteed except resist all (not even primary stat) so it's a huge pain in the ass.