Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think you understand what I mean by "content". Those items change how the game plays. 6-piece Akkhans IS the content. You can't play holy shotgun in a smoothly flowing style without it.

It's more than just a few, btw. If I base it off my personal drop rate, which is kinda the point of the discussion, there's a whole ton of ultra rare items.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Playing the devils advocate here: Who is forcing you to play the game, not get loot, and suffer so much?

penalty_sl

shitlord
I just think it's fucking shit that's there's no end game. D3 is full of fake progression. There's really no advantage to clearing t6 over t1, you get the same shit. Oh wait, slightly more shards and exp. woop.

All I'm saying is there's nothing to do once you max your gear out. You'll do a few t6 runs, and then be bored because there's no competition behind the game anymore. Or maybe you won't get bored and you like clearing rifts for no purpose other than seeing mobs die. Who the fuck knows. Game shit til ladders.

penalty_sl

shitlord
There's really no point in complaining about loot. It's so easy to gear with rif, increased drops, and being able to gamble set items now. The only challenge is getting that rare weapon or ammy really.

Disp_sl

shitlord
What sort of end game are you looking for exactly? The only real end game in D2 was ubers, which are basically the infernal machine now.

penalty_sl

shitlord
What sort of end game are you looking for exactly? The only real end game in D2 was ubers, which are basically the infernal machine now.
Well end game for alot of people in d2 was the PVP not ubers. PVP in d2 brought in tons of extra game play.

Pretty much any sort of competition is what d3 needs, either through ladders, rift rankings, pvp, etc. I guess its just sit and wait for 2.1 patch.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Krassus:

Nobody. I haven't logged in for 5 days. I'll admit I got my $40 in playtime, easily. I'm not really "suffering", I'm overall satisfied with what I got for my money. Just sad that there was more to experience that I'm not willing to invest the time necessary to achieve.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Well end game for alot of people in d2 was the PVP not ubers. PVP in d2 brought in tons of extra game play.

Pretty much any sort of competition is what d3 needs, either through ladders, rift rankings, pvp, etc. I guess its just sit and wait for 2.1 patch.
Yeah, it sounds like a lot of that stuff is coming in the near future. I think some people forget that Diablo 2 got patched, tweaked, and new runewords were added for 10 years.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's really no point in complaining about loot. It's so easy to gear with rif, increased drops, and being able to gamble set items now. The only challenge is getting that rare weapon or ammy really.
I disagree. Take a look at my crusader in my sig, he's just over 10k elite kills. What's your expectation of gearing level at that point? In terms set items, rare items, etc.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So for all you bros who are getting bored of D3, you should come check out Marvel Heroes (in the MMO forum). Its a hybrid MMO-ARTS and its coming up on its one year anniversary so there will be tons of sales and several large pieces of new content being added. Also, raids are coming out soon.

Differences between D3/Blizz and MH/Gaz?

MH updates weekly with bug fixes/updates, every weekend is an event giving more items, xp, gifts, new crafting, etc. Every month a new hero is released, new gameplay content is usually every 2 months, new items are added often, etcetc. The community manager frequents on reddit, twitch streams, forums, and interviews.

The cons in comparison to D3? It can be pricey. Its F2P but if you're an alt-aholic you won't get ingame currency fast enough to buy heroes. They often have deals like buy one get one free or bundle packs though, still can be pricey. D3's animation is just flat out better, Blizzard always goes big in that department and MH can't compare in most cases.

KK done shilling for one of my fav games, lemme know when D3 gets a big update so I can return for a couple weeks.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I play mostly MMO's so I am used to waiting and maybe never seeing the loot and if I do its the same principle. Im going to clear the hard dungeon we owned in greens but now with raid loot faster and ill be bored of doing the same 6 dungeons within a month.

I play more to learn and understand how classes min max and honestly to just kind of eat shit.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Getting multiples of every DH cloak but the Garwulf - i have even gotten 4 Cindercoats this week.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
It's hyperbole, mostly. I'll admit I've logged tons of time into the game. It's fun to play, they've made lots of improvements, well worth my money. But it leaves a bad taste, i.e.: the game is shit, when a lot of the content I want to try is hidden behind hundreds of hours of RNG.

5-7 sentry DHs sounds fun! Never going to be able experience it though. Hence, the game is shit. Yes, it's stupid when people don't articulate their opinion. But lots of hours played doesn't mean they can't rag on it.
yeah I agree, as gear being the content it is shitty right now being forced into 1-2 builds until you get those game changing items.

Its like night and day playing a WD with SMK and not, BBV up literally for any engagement makes it so you could just run some dumb builds and get by on T1-3 fairly well.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I disagree. Take a look at my crusader in my sig, he's just over 10k elite kills. What's your expectation of gearing level at that point? In terms set items, rare items, etc.
That's completely fucked up. My newbie Crusader has 1200 elite kills and has the same shit that you do, save for FoTF.

They really need to wick up the rare drop rate, and make them drop with better stats.

This game hits a brick wall of replayability around 200 hours, it seems.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Elite kills isn't a useful indicator really. You could kill hundreds of elites entirely by accident running a1n cache runs for rorg.

Hours played is supposedly how blizzard approximates character value internally. Not dps or apm or leg drops. Not your finely tuned bis set nor your dope ass micro. Just hours played vs all the other collected analytics.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The difference in Diablo 2 was that the game wasn't purely based on gear. You could get specific gear that would make you stronger sure but with the distribution of skill points and stats you could make a character capable of clearing Hell without issue. When you did find gear it allowed you to optimize builds, it allowed you to forgo skill points in certain areas. You would find tons of items that would allow you to twink new alts or you could find items for other classes that made you want to try them out.

rrr_img_68079.jpg

Having your characters stats/skills be permanent for ages meant that you had to make a choice/sacrifice for your character. You want to go pure cold sorc well awesome but you have difficulty with cold immune mobs. As much as some people didn't like this aspect of the game it did add a certain amount of longevity to the game.

They had Ladders from day 1 in Diablo 2 and it kept the game fresh. You also weren't limited to character slots and bank space, you wanted to create a 2nd b.net account and store gear you could do so. Every step forward they take they also take two steps back. Diablo 3 is only about the gear and the items in the game are fucked beyond repair. The exponential growth of stats like Crit Hit and Crit Hit Damage have caused problems since day one. Either you have a weak piece of shit character or you are lucky enough to get gear that allows you to 1 shot T6 bosses. Check out some of the Jade Set Witch Doctors. The disparity between characters should be more in line with each other.

The legendary drop rate isn't and never was the problem. Well maybe on initial release but the fact that it has always been RNG on top of RNG. In Diablo 2 you had items that could roll some stats slightly higher or lower but it wasn't every stat and it wasn't random. When a unique dropped in Diablo 2 you know it was going to be good, it might have higher defense or lower magic find but you knew what the main stats would be. When a legendary in Diablo 3 drops you better hope to the RNG gods it doesn't become a forgotten soul. What's that you found a Sunkeeper with 30% elite damage, oh but it is 1800dps and no socket. Well better delete that shit and hope for a better one, hell I have seen set items roll so bad nobody would use them even if they got the bonus from it.

The game needs another overhaul on the loot, it needs a ladder reset, it needs Blizzard to actively stop the fucking bots, it needs trading to be allowed back in the game, it needs some form of PvP, is the game pure shit? No it is fun for a short lived period of time. Was it worth $40 ehh thats debatable. The reason that so many of us bitch or get upset is because the potential has always been there for this game and this series. They have enough money behind it, they have a good enough team behind it. So it's fucking sad when they squander it away repeatedly, first on cocksuckers like Jay Wilson and now on this new team. Certain choices from suits such as making the entire game console friendly is why we can only have 6 skills at a time, the game could be fucking great. The graphics have always been top notch, the game has always been responsive and smooth, well when the servers aren't shit and you rubber band or items don't appear for a few seconds but mostly it is good. Loot 2.0 smartdrops fuck the game more than they help since it actively prevents you from wanting to play on other classes in my opinion. Still it's easier to just say the game is shit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Elite kills isn't a useful indicator really. You could kill hundreds of elites entirely by accident running a1n cache runs for rorg.

Hours played is supposedly how blizzard approximates character value internally. Not dps or apm or leg drops. Not your finely tuned bis set nor your dope ass micro. Just hours played vs all the other collected analytics.
That's fair, I have done SOME a1n cache runs. Not a whole ton, but some. Hours played can be gamed too though. Lot of people spend time out of combat chatting, alt tabbed, or just sitting at the menu screen(does that count towards hours played?). Any other ideas to use as a metric?

It's entirely useful if there's functionally little to no difference in gear between 1200 elite kills and10000. What's worse, my sheet dps and toughness are higher than his.
To be completely fair, I would have to include a shot of my inventory as well, all the decent weapons and armor I've gotten but don't use(or ever plan on using). And some of the good stuff I've gotten that was sharded, like the other FoTF that rolled lower str, dps, and life per wrath.

All that aside, the bottom line is the perception of progress in a single play session. The game doesn't do that very well. It's quite easy go a half hour, 3 hours, a whole weekend without feeling like you did anything meaningful. That needs to change.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
All that aside, the bottom line is the perception of progress in a single play session. The game doesn't do that very well. It's quite easy go a half hour, 3 hours, a whole weekend without feeling like you did anything meaningful. That needs to change.
That's what never ending paragon levels are for..