Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It is. Wish they would change it as giving up any affix for a socket on an amulet is pretty tough.
Thank god for that, actual decisions you have to make while gearing up ? Not rolling the same 4-6 stats in almost every slot ? Madness !

Odds of them nerfing Grift farming 1 level at a time ? I hope not, but have they seriously thought people would skip a chance for very nice loot by skipping to 15+ immediately especially when there's not a guaranteed lego at any level ? It's not terribly time efficient, but if you can just alttab, it's very good, especially for HC characters and you can collect all the legendary gems in very little time instead of doing Grifts at the bleeding edge, possibly failing and then having to farm rifts again.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why aren't people going for a socket in their rings? Lose way less stats that way. Seems like you'd lose less dropping 6% CC from your ring than 20% ele damage from your amulet

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It isn't that you wouldn't want to use 3 gems it's that it's such a big loss to have a socket in an amulet that it makes more sense to just run 2 in the rings. It's easier to to potentially miss out on 6% crit, 50% crit damage in a ring slot than to miss out on 10% crit, 100% crit damage, or 20% elemental damage that you can get on an amulet. Of course there is the chance to could get an amulet that has amazing stats and a socket and it makes sense to run 3 legendary gems but it's a bigger trade off than I think people give it credit for.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's bullshit these cocksuckers aren't adding new character slots for the season, and I see the reward is one piece of transmogrify gear per season for reaching max level on a character. (season 1 being the gayest of the gay of helms) I so want to be excited about this and I am already set to start plowing through this tomorrow but deep down I know it's piss poor when you see the speed and quality of updates coming from other games like Path of Exile.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Thank god for that, actual decisions you have to make while gearing up ? Not rolling the same 4-6 stats in almost every slot ? Madness !

Odds of them nerfing Grift farming 1 level at a time ? I hope not, but have they seriously thought people would skip a chance for very nice loot by skipping to 15+ immediately especially when there's not a guaranteed lego at any level ? It's not terribly time efficient, but if you can just alttab, it's very good, especially for HC characters and you can collect all the legendary gems in very little time instead of doing Grifts at the bleeding edge, possibly failing and then having to farm rifts again.
I've been doing Grifts at level 27-32. In 10 runs I have ALWAYS gotten at least one legendary item as well as a legendary gem when I killed the guardian. The first time I killed a guardian (at level 30) I got *4* legendary drops and 2 legendary gems. Don't know if there's some sort of first time bonus, as I never saw two gems again and usually saw two legendary drops.

The guardian shows when you run out of time if you don't complete the grift in the time alloted and you can still kill him (you just don't get to go to a higher grift level), and you can still do three gem upgrade attempts.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone know if when you start a fresh season character are rifts/bounties available or does it force you to play the story?

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
All I know is Phalanx is my new Crusader love. I just need the ring... I had a Baleful Remnant that I kept from a while ago and the Shield dropped for me in the first 5 minutes of playing with the patch.

I can cream all over T6 now, 3x hits of 15 million damage, 25 if I pop aura... and I can spam it indefinitely as long as Akkarat is up (4 sec downtime... almost have it at 0)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Anyone know if when you start a fresh season character are rifts/bounties available or does it force you to play the story?
To my knowledge you should have adventure mode and torment modes unlocked with the new season, it's just fresh as far as items/gold/xp go. We will see for sure tomorrow.

I am going to run a season Wizard starting tomorrow night. I am up for doing season Softcore or if there is enough interest I would run season Hardcore with some folks although losing characters to lag spikes isn't fun. I might be open to both depending on how many clan members we have doing this shit. If anyone wants to group up as 3/4 to plow out levels and split bounty farm/ ubers farm for gear over the weekend let me know. It would be nice to at least have someone on Skype or Vent while mindlessly grinding, unless they are super annoying then it's music time. =)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It isn't that you wouldn't want to use 3 gems it's that it's such a big loss to have a socket in an amulet that it makes more sense to just run 2 in the rings. It's easier to to potentially miss out on 6% crit, 50% crit damage in a ring slot than to miss out on 10% crit, 100% crit damage, or 20% elemental damage that you can get on an amulet. Of course there is the chance to could get an amulet that has amazing stats and a socket and it makes sense to run 3 legendary gems but it's a bigger trade off than I think people give it credit for.
I would sacrifice 20% elemental for mini conduit or primary skill/2% heal on hit or +damage% to snared enemies on my lightning monk. Substitute smite gem for mini conduit if holy. For a cold monk, I do agree, the choices become less obvious. Maybe 20% damage after killing elites? Moratorium might be useful too.

The rest of them, I don't like. I'm assuming all the dot ones don't crit and just refresh instead of stacking.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
To my knowledge you should have adventure mode and torment modes unlocked with the new season, it's just fresh as far as items/gold/xp go. We will see for sure tomorrow.
In that tavern talk video they said that you'll have Adventure mode unlocked. I actually am not sure on Torment since even if you have Torment on regular, you don't have it on Hardcore, and reverse, but maybe. Would be nice to have it unlocked from the start.

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
rrr_img_74914.jpg

Edit: this was meant for the spammer who.s posts were just deleted
smile.png

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Are seasons really only a month? If so I'm not even going to bother.
I really doubt the lazy cocksuckers at Blizzard will refresh seasons monthly. If I had to guess I would think a minimum of about 3 months up to a year with the pace they do shit. If they do try and slog out this shitfest monthly then they are more out of touch than they realize, the incentive to delete characters to reroll a seasonal only to delete it and reroll it again month to month with the bare minimum of seasonal only legendaries seems unlikely even for them, however I wouldnt be surprised.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But you'll get your seasonal legendaries when they crank the legendary drop rate up to ELEVENTY BAJILLION PERCENT.