Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thankyou for the help. I will give the Throwing barb spec a run.

I noticed your sprint had nothing special. Do you use the Nado formation special with sprint?

Also on Skorn do you socket for LoH or Crit?

asocirev_sl

shitlord
Thankyou for the help. I will give the Throwing barb spec a run.

I noticed your sprint had nothing special. Do you use the Nado formation special with sprint?

Also on Skorn do you socket for LoH or Crit?
I use Marathon with sprint, fixed my spec link in the last post. Crit Damage in the socket as stated above
smile.png

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have some bids up on 2 bindings and 2 skorns now. Will keep watching the AH and hopefully win one of each.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
How much does a Skorn go for nowadays? I haven't played in a while and was thinking of jumping back in for a little bit.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not going to be able to afford a Skorn with 1400+ DPS. I will be aroundthe 1200 range but with similiar stats. I do agree with you though that the price was very very good at 10 mil.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I haven't played since the paragon levels were introduced... have a 58(I think) WD, and about 200k gold. Any suggestions on getting back into the game?

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't played since the paragon levels were introduced... have a 58(I think) WD, and about 200k gold. Any suggestions on getting back into the game?
200k won't get you far, so assuming your weapon isn't outstanding, look to find a good value in a weapon upgrade. It should be the best DPS bang for the buck. Mob damage has gone down significantly and rare/lego drops have gone up, so you should have a good chance at dropped upgrades or things you can sell and buy some inexpensive upgrades.

Post your profile and we can give more specific advice on build and gear.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I spent 1 Mil on a Skorn. I think I did pretty well on the purchase. It is 1272 DPS with +315 Str, 193 crit hit with an empty socket. It is a little weak on the bleed though 6180-7778. however, it did come with the small bonus of +1.3% chance to blind(What exactly does that do?).

The belt is still in the bid process. Speaking of, what would be a good complement to the belt, set wise? The +60 resists bonus seems like it would be nice to have.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like you did fine on the Skorn.

If you are trying to up resists, you probably want to pair the belt with the boots. They roll good stats by default and are selling for ~1.5mil buyout at the low end (you may get them lower in bidding). If you use the +60AR to compensate for the lack of resists on the helm, it has good stats. The 170+ Str version starts between 1.5-2 million buyout.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
200k won't get you far, so assuming your weapon isn't outstanding, look to find a good value in a weapon upgrade. It should be the best DPS bang for the buck. Mob damage has gone down significantly and rare/lego drops have gone up, so you should have a good chance at dropped upgrades or things you can sell and buy some inexpensive upgrades.

Post your profile and we can give more specific advice on build and gear.
Thanks... yeah, it's sort of embarassing to post the link (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A...2/hero/1610746) because of how long ago I quit.

Thanks... yeah, it's sort of embarassing to post the link (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A...2/hero/1610746) because of how long ago I quit.
I remember stacking those assailing rings, that was wayyy back since the release before the IAS nerf.
The game is shit now, I stopped playing and caring a while back + the delay in PvP just fuel the fire.

Anyway, generally all armor slots should have defensive stats (+resist/primary stat+vit) You should aim for +350 all resist and some +armor.
All offensive slots (gloves,rings,amulet) should have +crit/+critdamage/ias. Though they are quite expensive and I don't even bother looking for items with all 3 affixes.

Right now aim for +crit and +crit damage, they will boost your DPS by large margin.
For weapons look for ones with life steal and crit damage or socket. You can find some cheap ones in the 700~dps range and offhand look for decent avg damage.
I wouldn't recommend Skorn unless it has lifesteal and those things worth a lot.

My witch doctor was a 10m budget, luckily found the dagger and offhand.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/N...7/hero/8179548

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, got belt and axe now. Also got a pretty descent ring for 400k. I noticed my follower is not dying near as much and it got me to thinking. What follower do you run with using the barbarian now? Also, what equipment should I attach to the follower?

Also, just got a nice amulet for 450k. It pays to bid and snipe. 76str,49 Intel, 300 Loh, 335 Armor , Crit damage 50%, Crit chance 7.5% with +37% magic Find.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nice deal on them amulet.

I use the enchantress (build and gear is in my profile). She is mainly set up for MF, with "stay alive" stats (vit, resist, regen, LoH, etc) prioritized over damage.

asocirev_sl

shitlord
Ok, got belt and axe now. Also got a pretty descent ring for 400k. I noticed my follower is not dying near as much and it got me to thinking. What follower do you run with using the barbarian now? Also, what equipment should I attach to the follower?

Also, just got a nice amulet for 450k. It pays to bid and snipe. 76str,49 Intel, 300 Loh, 335 Armor , Crit damage 50%, Crit chance 7.5% with +37% magic Find.
Sounds like you are finding good prices. I personally run with the Templar for the back heals (stuns are handy too, but enchantress has better CC). I don't care about my companion damage, it inconsequential for me. That being said I put MF on my follower and don't worry about his crappy damage.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Won a 2nd belt that was better than my first one. Put new one on and put the first one back up on the AH. Found a wand that was 1266 DPS. If only it had had intel instead of the dex. It did have a socket though, so I might be able to get some gold for it.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure if it still works but a few months back this was the shit => Scoundrel with Buriza with high penetration / chance to freeze + Stone of Jordan with cold damage + The Star of Azkaranth with more chance to freeze.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/g...73/hero/252714
As far as I know, that is still the premier setup for follower CC. The problem is that it is well known now, so the price for the associated items skyrocketed. It also lacks MF, but once you progress in paragon that matters less.