Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
In other news:

rrr_img_4777.png

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Haast, are you running the famed Act 3 farming route in Hell MP10? Can't remember what it's called butsoundslike Azoman's route or something.

I've just started Inferno on my WD, I gave up after hitting the old brick wall on my Barb back before the patches, just couldn't progress. But Inferno MP0 with the WD is easy, much easier than Hell MP10.

How is it also with loot in Hell MP10, do you get anything worth selling?

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haast, are you running the famed Act 3 farming route in Hell MP10? Can't remember what it's called butsoundslike Azoman's route or something.

I've just started Inferno on my WD, I gave up after hitting the old brick wall on my Barb back before the patches, just couldn't progress. But Inferno MP0 with the WD is easy, much easier than Hell MP10.

How is it also with loot in Hell MP10, do you get anything worth selling?
I'm not doing the Alkaizer run in Hell MP10, I'm just doing game progression. I am really curious about how Hell MP10 will stack up against Inferno MP. My guess is it is around Inferno MP1 or MP2, but I don't know yet.

Loot in Hell MP10 is mostly 50s gear, which doesn't sell that well since it is common to find reduced lvl requirement Inferno gear relatively cheap by then. You would probably have to go back to Normal or NM on MP10 to farm up desirable lower level gear which does sell well if you are doing it for the $$. Won't be good XP though.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, my experience while levelling up was that stuff sold well up to the level 50 mark, then it just wasn't worth it, especially not for weapons. Why settle for something that can give you 1-2k dps when you can buy a lvl60 weapon that can push you past 10k?

I can do ok in Inferno mp0-1, 2 is pushing it at the moment with my gear, 3 and 4 I can only do in groups with good players, although then it does go quickly, but they are pushing 100k dps while I'm in the high 40's.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Thank god they're not going to fall into the hell hole that is class rebalancing all in the name of PVP.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
That's really all they needed to do was have the ability to hostile other players in the game.

Make private games = no griefing. Most people make goddamn solo games anyways. I even lock mine from friends being able to join without invite :p.

That would change if they had just taken this easy way out earlier.

Hopefully this is the feature they plan on implementing. It will make the expansion even more exciting!

Now just make people drop all the gold on them and require you to put gold in your stash to be safe and we're talkin'.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah these fucks still don't know what they're doing. His entire blog post or whatever that is just screams "I have no fucking clue about design fundamentals."

And what Ancient said, making PVP "matter" is exactly what will fuck the game. Diablo PVP should only ever be meaningless obliteration of other players, with no reward other than bragging rights and the good feelings caused. One of the many lessons WoW has taught us is YOU CANNOT DO BOTH. FUCKTARDS.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Well I'm glad I sold all of my shit, that pvp update is such a disappointment. Adding dueling is at what a few lines of code? That's what they've got to show after 6 months of pvp development. TDM was scrapped i.e it sucked and won't be implemented and then there's absolutely zero info on any other pvp game modes that will be coming in the near future. Blizzard just can't seem to do anything right with D3.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Just as Seananigans said, you can't have class balance to make PVP fair to all and keep interesting and sometimes overpowered abilities. It's one or the other. And if they go down the route of class balance you will end up with what happened in WoW: watered down abilities for all.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
A lot of those class balance issues are still going to appear with dueling and will likely be even more amplified in a 1v1 scenario as opposed to team fights with larger numbers of people. Dueling isn't a bad addition, but D3 is so void of any social environment it seems pointless. In D2 you could join a plethora of dueling servers with 8 players and start having fights right away, what are you going to do in D2, ask in general if anyone wants to duel you? Unless they add matchmaking I don't see it being something a lot of people use.

Charles_sl

shitlord
I don't get why they would scrap the team arena idea. Was it a lag issue? That's the only thing I can think of. The same problems are going to be there whether they have 1v1 or 4v4 arena, the classes still won't be balanced and of course there are going to be amazing specs that just dominate things, but that's part of the fun. Granted it won't quite be Diablo II but they still could have done fun things with it, I don't see any reason outside of lag issues to not allow multi-person pvp as well.

They should just add a pvp hub area, have a few merchants with fun pvp related items, maybe gems or special potions. Then you could just bullshit with people and set games up yourselves through some type of ui function associated with the hub area. Keep separate chats, a chat for your local hub and players there, a global pvp hub chat so you can organize things better. You could have everything too, why limit the fun? How about: 1v1 matches, group matches, class vs. class matches, level vs. level matches, 1 vs. many matches, and so on.

They are really over thinking things, pvp could be such a fun addition to the game that would bring tons of players back, instead it's turning into a big mess.

asocirev_sl

shitlord
Jay Wilson doesn't want D3 PvP, he's still trying to figure out why players are insisting on it. I think he should walk down the hall and talk with a $1/hr, foot-in-the-door intern making who actually likes(ed) the Diablo franchise. That fucker might be able to explain how to do it right.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anybody here play the Barbarian? Just came back to try the game again and I am trying to get some advice on what I should concentrate on for gear. I can almost handle MP1 Inferno stage 1. I say almost because I still get raped by certain Elite mobs (Chains,frost, stick comboes as an example. I am using the WW spec for the moment, but I am certianly open to other specs if that is the route I need to go til I am stronger. I have 2.5 Mil to play with on the AH.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rend with the life steal rune. Superstition talent ( 20% less magic dammage). Wind shear on WW. Then get life on hit and life steal items.

asocirev_sl

shitlord
I switched from WD to barb recently, didn't like the WW spec but LOVE the throwing Barb. (spec below)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...kRP!fZY!ZYbcYb

With your 2.5 Mil buy two things to start:
1) Immortal King's Tribal Binding (With -5 Fury Weapon Throw & 3.00% Life Steal). Don't skimp on those two stats
2) Skorn (300+STR, Socket and 190%+ crit damage). This will cost about a mil.

Any money left over dump into gear with crit (ammy, ring, helm). Your crit should easily be 50+ with cheap gear, work on your crit damage 2nd. With Into The Fray and -5 weapon throw, your fury will basically be maxed at all times while fighting. This makes it easy, and allows you to spam marathan to juke/jive/dodge and sprint to the next pack of mobs.

Rotation is simple: Keep War Cry and Battle Rage up at all trimes. Harpoon when 3+ mobs then spam Throw w/ Ricochette until everything is dead. Pop Wrath (Slaughter) when you see an elite pack, they won't last longer than 3 seconds.

Currently I am running 195k DPS, 55% crit before I pop wrath, I sprint through everything very easy MP 2-4. Anything higher than MP4 and the incoming damage overcomes my lack of resists and vitality.

Happy Hunting!

Edit: typos, fixed spec link