Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was trying to farm up keys on mp4/5 but after 8 runs in a row with no key I just kinda stopped playing. I'm way far away from being able to solo higher MPs and a Hellfire Ring and tons of gold to outfit my other characters is all I really have to aim for.

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
So let me ask a different question: if you haven't had a personal upgrade drop while doing paragon exp, have you at least had some items drop that sold for a lot on the AH (i.e. would have likely been upgrades if you were a different class)?
Yeah, when I picked D3 up again following the introduction of Paragon levels and the Infernal Machine, I got a Vile Ward which sold for 85 million gold post-AH tax. Since then - and I'm not exagerating - I've never sold an item for more than 500k-1 million. The market is completely saturated with low-mid end gear, at least in the European region, so much so that you won't sell shit unless you spend a lot of time browsing the AH actively undercutting. It's doable for sure, but it's not fun in my book.

Anyways, I've never looted an upgrade for myself.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
This game becomes excellent once you get the demonbuddy plugin.

I'm hoping for my next RMA-able item
smile.png

smile.png

smile.png

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Is there finally PvP? If not they did not "fix" this shitstain of a game.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I'm wondering how pvp can be introduced considering the immense difference between both classes, and even characters of the same class. Check out the DPS here for example, these folks are in a league of their own. Until I saw this I thought 100-150k was the absolute max you could get.

http://diablo.somepage.com/rating/dps

Zotha_sl

shitlord
Just a point on this, those people on that list are logged out with massive amounts of buffs on, and have completely impractical builds designed to boost their character sheet dps on sites like the one linked. Check out diabloprogress for actual dps that only counts gear and not temporary buffs and passives. There is still some very impressive numbers on there but no one is anywhere near 1M dps.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting how the class distributions change dramatically between the two sites. But one still sees a lot of class discrepancy.

I'm wondering just how useful PVP in a game such as this is. The reason being that if you want to have pvp then you need to balance the classes so one isn't OP compared to the others (or one that lags behind). That means you can't have a system where game difficulty is class dependent.

Personally, I like games where difficulty is class dependent as it means the core game can remain the same but you chose how challenging you want it to be by picking your class.

But this is probably not what Bliz is thinking about...

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
PVP is going to be a trainwreck.

I'm seeing the high-end people on my friends list online 20 hours a day at least, quite obvious they are botting.

Impossible for a legit player that doesn't use RMA to compete with those guys.

Also they can't even balance the classes for PVE, how would they be able to do it for PVE and PVP?

Not gonna happen.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I still play casually, an hour here and there, mostly because I abandoned my monk for a DH that I want to level to 100. I only play because I enjoy the combat. The loot game is still completely fucked and a waste of time. I only bother picking up legendaries and a few other yellows but they almost always get salvaged. Long term, I'm actually sort of playing along with the hope of an expansion. I think PvP is going to be completely fucked. Barb is so infinitely better than any class it is impossible to imagine how it could be basically balanced, and then you have the problem of people sinking billions of gold (bought or botted, mostly) into characters. No wonder it keeps getting delayed.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I've created a monster....
A very wound up text message from Mr. Kringe was the last nail in the coffin.

There nothing else I've encountered, even in EQ PvP, that is like running at someone in HC Diablo style PvP. You can feel that shit in your bones the next day.

I'll stop talking about PoE in here lol.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I finished getting all the classes to paragon 1 today, and I'm pretty burnt out.

Earlier, I promised to post the lvl 60 gear costs for my non-main classes (I didn't keep records of my barb's gear costs). We'll start with the wizard:

Wizard - 11/24/2012 (date most of the gear was purchased)
----
Head - Storm Crow; Sock random - 140,000 gold
Shoulders - Yellow [Int/Vit/AR/Armor/PUR] - 1,500,000 gold
Amulet - Yellow [Int/Vit/Dmg/CC/LOH] - 100,000 gold
Chest - Yellow [Int/Vit/AR/3Sock]- 75,000 gold
Gloves - Yellow [Int/Vit/IAS/CC] - 390,000 gold
Bracers - Lacuni Prowlers; Int/Vit/FireR/AR random - 1,500,000 gold
Belt - Yellow [Int/AR/%Life] - handed down (100,000)
Pants - Depth Diggers; 178Int/59Vit, Str/Dex random - 800,000 gold
Ring 1 - Yellow [Int/Vit/Dmg/LOH/CD] - handed down (600,000)
Ring 2 - Yellow [Int/Vit/LOH/CC/%Life] - 193,000 gold
Boots - Zunimassa's Trail; Dex, Regen random - 700,000 gold
Weapon - Yellow Wand [1028 DPS, Int/Vit/Sock] - 300,000 gold
Off Hand - Triumvirate; 113Vit random - 40,000 gold

Total - 5,738,000 gold + 2 handed-down items worth ~700,000 gold

My goal in gearing him was to amp the black dmg weapon with +ele damage where possible. I made some minor upgrades to pieces, but the gear is mostly intact on my profile as of this post if you want specifics on stats. The skills are a remnant from my overpowered leveling gear, they need a rework.

Most of the gear prices reflect what you could find if you are willing to search a little for a deal. All or nearly all were buyouts rather than auction wins. I don't think any of them were sniped at super low prices. Triumvirates and Storm Crows are freakishly cheap, even with decent random and stat rolls. Jewelry in general is cheap unless you are going for perfect roll stuff. As expected, the softcore market is getting saturated with decent gear. Top end rolls are still pricey, but good items are much more accessible now.

Anyway, if people find this helpful, I will follow up with other classes.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Haast, what MP lvl are you running with that Wiz setup?

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
MP10... in Hell difficulty. Because of the accelerated xp from monster power + HF ring + helm ruby, all of my alts hit paragon 1 well before the end of Hell mode. The WD almost paragoned in Act 2 Hell.

What Inferno MP they can handle is a really good question, though. I'll follow up when I make it there.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
I have a lot of D3 gold I'm looking to unload. PM if you're interested, will sell at whatever the lowest current rate is.