Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Trying out 4 pc Dels on my wizard. I can't take on T6 Rifts. I finished one but it took like 5 hours to complete. This using timestop etc is just not there yet gear wise.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there a good FAQ link I can read to catch up on what to do this season? Looks like a ton of stuff has changed.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Is this considered good for a random wep without anything fancy attached to it? First Ancient that I've seen.

UAJBiY9.png

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Put in an emerald, rubies are terrible at 70 and if you don't need a specific legendary, it's not bad

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Greater Rift is your max +2, but it will also unlock based on the torment you run a normal rift on. For example if you run a torment 9 rift, it'll unlock GR40 automatically(and then also unlock GR 41-42 cause of the +2 thing). This way you don't have to do shitty tier GRs, you can do stuff at your intended level right away. Means the max you can unlock without running a GR is 47(45 for torment X +2), after that you actually need to do GRs

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The Lunatic ring (Nagelring) is ridiculously OP. I can one shot bosses with three lunies out. Enjoying it until it gets nerfed

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You mean the nagelring that was patched in 2.2? Yeah, it's not getting nerfed. Try some higher rifts and reevaluate.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
It's super good for leveling and sub torment 2. Beyond that it runs out of steam. I cubed it for alt leveling.

What amulets even drop for WDs? I have about 17 Squirts and 4 of the rock shaped ones and that's it. Haven't seen a single elemental absorb type. :/

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It's super good for leveling and sub torment 2. Beyond that it runs out of steam. I cubed it for alt leveling.

What amulets even drop for WDs? I have about 17 Squirts and 4 of the rock shaped ones and that's it. Haven't seen a single elemental absorb type. :/
Hellfire Amulets

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Do you *want* one of the elemental absorb ones? Those are only good for fishing extremely high level grifts. BTW, Esoteric Alteration, once it reaches 25% DR, starts out-leveling the damage increase from grifts. It's your all-in-one elemental absorber.

derp...ignore comment about Esoteric Alteration and 25%, decimal points are hard. Still think it's a great gem and absorb necks are shit.

khorum

Murder Apologist
The trend seems to be moving away from elemental ammies and shooting for 10% chc and ~100% chd on ammies along with max int. I get that it makes sense in the CoE era, but 10% chc is just hot to begin with.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
None of those are mutually exclusive.
I think he meant elemental damage % amulets versus raw stats? Can't have everything because you need a socket too. Hellfire tend to be the best on a lot of builds I've seen though, simply because most of the classes have actually really good passives now, especially the cheat death ones for high GRs and Hellfire doesn't roll as bad as before with the guaranteed socket. Also you can get like 3 organs in T10, so it's pretty easy to farm a bunch, even if slightly annoying still especially if you don't group for them.

Can't find a good ancient weapon to save my life, and I don't really want to craft garbage weapons just so they're ancient. I'm tempted to do a setup for death breath farming with sage set, but it's like so much shittier than my 6pc helltooth I'd farm T7 as fast as T10 with it and don't really feel like playing another class just to farm death breaths. Rerolled a Suwong I had like 7times so far with no luck and crafted a dozen of 2h maces and like 5 scrimshaw, but nothing(not even a non ancient furnace, though right now I'm still using a defensive weapon cube effect).

Needless

Toe Sucker
so is that EP 7 sided strike build super good?

my DH is like... absurdly geared already and i've been debating between a monk or WD alt to dick around with

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I read a wiki on the cube and I still don't get how it works. I unlocked it last night but not sure what to do with it. Can someone give me an idiot proof instruction on it?

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah I meant as in going for ammies with Crit chance, crit dmg and stats vs one with 20% elemental. In fact, I've expanded on that an tried out a jerams bracer with just area dmg vs. 20% fire and it felt more consistent. Then again area damage is something of a FOTM thing this season too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think he meant elemental damage % amulets versus raw stats?
Main stat is only better than elemental if you have a lot of different damage sources, a lot of elemental% stat already, the amulet is ancient, and you have some good main stat multipliers. Only then.

AD is not FoTM, more like they fixed AD this patch and it's now perform, mostly, how it should be. Some items, like the HoTA bracers and one of the FnR rings is not interacting correctly with AD. They coded this game weirdly.