Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah I am dropping rend as I tested it out last night and it takes me out of spin and then I go splat quickly.

I think I have IK5 in my bank, just need the 2H but gambling/cubing for the other BK weapon (solemn vow) right now.

I also need the bracer and then I can try out HOTA.
You want the hota Gavel for HotA build. IK6, gavel, bracers of the first men (though I cube it and use a Strongarms when solo), F&R, the Call of the Ancient's shoulders that I'm totally forgetting the name of...and of course a good Hellfire ammy if you can.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You want the hota Gavel for HotA build. IK6, gavel, bracers of the first men (though I cube it and use a Strongarms when solo), F&R, the Call of the Ancient's shoulders that I'm totally forgetting the name of...and of course a good Hellfire ammy if you can.
Yeah all that is my goal once I get WW finished up. It is efficient for farming for me. That F&R is such a lynchpin in every classes build right now. I need a set for my WD also. I have rolled at least 6 Focus but 0 Restraint even a bad one.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah with the cube letting you get RoRG if your build needs it or unity/CoE/zodiac, F+R is basically a must in every build since it gives so much damage. I wonder if they have plans to fix this. I mean it's not a huge issue but it's pretty dumb design. I guess if they made a single ring that somehow conflicted with F+R but also provided a large amount of damage, it could be remidied by having the new ring+CoE with a Unity/Zodiac/RoRG cube or F+R depending. I guess a way would be to give you a stupid damage buff for as long as you haven't used a builder in the past 5secs(or 10seconds even), which feels artificial as shit but would conflict with F+R. This way, if your build needs a primary to generate ressources, you use F+R, if you don't, you use that new ring+CoE. For it to be even though the ring would need to be like, +75%damage, multiplicative? And it'd still be less damage than F+R with CoE cubed if you can do that(WDs do at least until 65ish, might need unity after though), but it'd help builds that can make use of other rings and need unity to progress.

Not sure why you can't roll 2piece set items with the cube though. I mean I get it if they could roll ancients, as it'd let you to reroll for ancient weapons from the hallowed set or other class specific sets like majuma, danetta, bulkathos, shenlong and so on, but since they nerfed the set reroll to not allow ancients, I don't see why they don't let you use it with 2pc sets. I guess they don't want you to complete a set in a single reroll or something, but it's pretty annoying when you're trying to get some of the sets, and especially F+R since there's like 20legendary rings since you can't even use the upgrade rare recipe that efficiently. Maybe they should have another cube formula with double or triple the mats but only for 2pc sets.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah all that is my goal once I get WW finished up. It is efficient for farming for me. That F&R is such a lynchpin in every classes build right now. I need a set for my WD also. I have rolled at least 6 Focus but 0 Restraint even a bad one.
Yep, WW should be every barbs first build anyway since HotA is ass for anything but GRifting.

I finally got an ancient BK weap out of the cube today. Not the greatest rolls but it's at just over 3100 dps, so I can't complain too much. Now I need the other one!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I took out my Bane of the Trapped to do my wiz GR60 today, needed the life regen gem to survive and still had the damage on a decent rift. Seems like you need a natural % damage or LPH roll on the ancient chantodo's to make things work above that.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Finally get a furnace.... and it's ancient and just shy of 4k dps with no socket (and I have a gift in my stash). Fucking. A.

Can I even use it for HOTA build?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Finally get a furnace.... and it's ancient and just shy of 4k dps with no socket (and I have a gift in my stash). Fucking. A.

Can I even use it for HOTA build?
You really want Furnace cubed and the Gavel equipped for more damage. Could use it until you get an ancient Gavel but that should be your first priority along with the IK set.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is DOD top 10 in NS?
Too lazy to check how it is now, but Carnevil build was indeed ahead of Helltooth. It requires kinda more precise gear to be as good/better, but on non season WDs already had Carnevil sets from the past season anyway so not an issue. Helltooth is easier and faster to gear and farm with but Carnevil scales a bit better. Also it doesn't lag like shit especially in groups, so that's a plus.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm closing in on paragon 600(haven't pushed a ton of high level grifts either) without finding an ancient DoD or poison cloud staff. I've got one piece of ancient Helltooth. This season hasn't at all been kind to me.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You really want Furnace cubed and the Gavel equipped for more damage. Could use it until you get an ancient Gavel but that should be your first priority along with the IK set.
I've got a [regular] gavel already (and I'm working on the IK Set). I didn't realize Gavel was that important, as I thought I'd be using IK 2h.
I need to actually read up on both of the two main Barb playstyles. I've got the WW stuff setup roughly, but the HOTA build stuff isn't nearly as complete.

HOTA for grift pushing, WW for farming? I'm pretty sure I just want to farm t8/t9/t10 so I can drag friends/etc along.

I'm closing in on paragon 600(haven't pushed a ton of high level grifts either) without finding an ancient DoD or poison cloud staff. I've got one piece of ancient Helltooth. This season hasn't at all been kind to me.
I've pretty much gotten my gear from other people running me through higher level grifts (45-50) or dragging me through T10. I have no idea how I'd have done it without massive amounts of shard gambling.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can use hota for regular rifts too, just have to cube in-geom.

Properly rolled gavel will have 25% to HoTA dibs and 4.8% crit if you max roll the secondary stat of max fury. Also, the fury refund is kinda needed given how fast you can hammer.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
WW is a little bit faster for T8 farming IMO, I still use HOTA or Seismic Slam for T9/10. If you're playing with undergeared friends, I think Seismic Slam is better. Helps control packs and its practically the same build as HOTA. Just need the SS 2-hander and the bracers. All other gear can be the same.

I ended up doing Grift 60 with a seismic slam build. I didn't think SS would be able to go that high but it worked out with a couple minutes to spare, even after my friend went full retard and joined my game causing my follower to leave. Herp derp.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I dislike FoTVP's interaction with IK4, makes it much harder than HoTA too keep WoTB up consistently. Otherwise, I'd prefer the skill because its density requirements are much lower than HoTA.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
WW is a little bit faster for T8 farming IMO, I still use HOTA or Seismic Slam for T9/10. If you're playing with undergeared friends, I think Seismic Slam is better. Helps control packs and its practically the same build as HOTA. Just need the SS 2-hander and the bracers. All other gear can be the same.

I ended up doing Grift 60 with a seismic slam build. I didn't think SS would be able to go that high but it worked out with a couple minutes to spare, even after my friend went full retard and joined my game causing my follower to leave. Herp derp.
Wait, is there a new item set that brings back the old leap-slam barb build from pre-RoS? That was my bread and butter through the RMAH era.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The weapon you want for easy progression is an ancient scrimshaw anyway, better than an ancient suwong in general because of swampland attunement and thing of the deep or henri's requisition. Zombie bears can be annoying as shit to use at times(especially against that fucker squid rift boss that sometimes gets stuck into scraps and doors and shit and then you can't hit him with bears for shit) but most of the time it's fairly similar in damage over time due to requiring less corpse spider cast to sustain(very low mana cost) and if you can position well so all 3 bears hit, you actually get similar damage output at half the mana cost. Scrimshaw being only one of 2spears, it's very easy to upgrade a rare into an ancient one, especially if you add rerolls to it.

Now for Carnevil obviously that's a different story, and you'll definitely need to reroll legendaries a lot. Iirc though an ancient SMK is better than an ancient DoD if you're going the reroll route, since you can get int/crit dmg/damage %/attackspeed% and gift a socket, while DoD only offers a vit roll instead of the crit dmg(since CDR and RCR are both pretty fucking useless for carnevil). Minor thing but since rerolling is the same regardless of the weapon, might as well go with SMK and cube DoD instead of the contrary for potential maximum efficiency.

Ancient Helltooth yeah I only had like 2pieces after gambling non stop for them. I think I have 5pc ancient Arachyr and 4pc ancient Zuni, but got like 3 ancient helltooth and 2 were chests.

Personally didn't bother me since I stopped at 60 for the season journey, but could have done 63-65 fairly easily I think with my current gear.