Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
CC versus CHD depends on how much of the stats you have. I still follow the old 1:10 crit to chd ratio in general, unless you have specific crit mechanics that'd benefit more from it(I guess pain enhancer and like warcry or rend or whatever that has crit synergy). The 2 stats are very close in power as paragon points in general unless you have a massive discrepancy already, or if you're DWing then I tend to think crit is better(since you have 2x 130% in weapons).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You get to the most the important breakpoint with just the bonus from dual wield + bolkathos set bonus. Everything past that point is less valuable that crit/chd cause it scales poorly.

Vorph is right about cdr on the weapon, you need another 10% there to get to 100% wrath uptime, and that's far more damage than 10% on weapons can give you.
WW spawns DD at roughly(yay for breakpoints!) twice your APS, so I'm not sure it scales that poorly since 90% of your dps comes from DD. Also, with OroTZ, IAS can act like CDR. I don't know if it's as effective as CDR, as in an affix comparison, but it's something.

I know the feeling.

And yeah, paragon is a good place to get IAS. You should look at using Pain Enhancer instead of Bane of the Trapped too.
Pain Enhancer was a great gem for this build last patch due to snapshotting. Taeguk, Gogok, and BotT are all better. The damage from PE's dot sucks and breakpoints make calculating the IAS benefit a headache. But you'd have to have a ton of bleeders in the area to make it better than BotT.

My no hexing pants in armor cube slot? As WW you're constantly on the move and it's a 25% DPS increase.
Just keep in mind, it's not a straight 25%. It's in the DIBS category, so it adds with a lot of other buffs. Still, Hexing is one of the best for wastes to cube, Leoric's being the other.

a_skeleton_03, if you're pushing grifts, you might want to consider dropping FnR. OroTZ is too good to leave out because it allows for 100% WotB. WW builds take a lot of damage, so you likely need 3 sources of heavy DR: Unity, IP, and Wastes4.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wondered if PE was still relevant too, and all the top seasonal barbs are using PE if they've stuck with WW instead of moving to HotA. May not apply to what a_skeleton_03 is doing though, since I assume he isn't looking to push upper 60's grifts with it.

And yeah, I was thinking F+R probably isn't that great a choice without a generator too. If he doesn't need Unity though, I guess it's probably alright since he can still keep ORotZ cubed.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I could be wrong about PE since pushing grifts is all about density. And I'm running off knowledge rather than experience since I've switched over to HoTA...WW so damn boring. Maybe more attack speed = fast Stricken stacking? I want to say there's been some threads on the barb forums about Stricken not stacking as expected(as in, not as fast, there might be an ICD). IDK...season leaders are often times more poopsockers than they are thinkers.

Ugh, top of the barb seasonal charts is dominated by IK-Wastes Rend stacking builds.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
a_skeleton_03, if you're pushing grifts, you might want to consider dropping FnR. OroTZ is too good to leave out because it allows for 100% WotB. WW builds take a lot of damage, so you likely need 3 sources of heavy DR: Unity, IP, and Wastes4.
I am going to have to learn HOTA for grift, I have a full set of IK6 just don't like the playstyle of it.

I do GR45 right now with that gear set I have now and that's good enough for now.

I do have a good unity in the bank. What is IP short for?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Got bored of the PC version, so I'm back on PS4. Got bored of WW build, so I went with the HOTA one and I love seeing those 2b crits

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I'm doing the spin to win Barb build and I'm not entirely sure where to go from here other then for ancients -

Fyff - Community - Diablo III

For some reason it shows cubed Zodiac, that's usually CoE or Skull Grasp. Does Skull Grasp effect the Dust Devil portion of the damage? Everyone says use Convention of Elements but that seems like a net loss to me. I am using 1 element really for damage (and I guess Rend but pretty soon Rend will need to become War Cry). 200/7 is 28%. Would it be worth while to do another Bul-Kathos (.3% health every tick), or a Royal Ring? With the Royal Ring you could drop your pants for Yan's and take literally anything else?

I'm not a huge fan of my bracer I just don't know what else to do there.

I have an uptime of 100% with IP and like 80% with WotB.

My top rift at the moment is 52 with 4 minutes left. My paragon is 400ish (stupid website doesn't update) so I know my Paragon levels are part of the problem. At this point I think I could probably do 54 maybe 55. To go past that do I need to switch to the Hammer build? I have all the stuff for it (though not an ancient on the weapon).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Cube the zodiac, wear the coe, who's benefit is always 1.5x on average. More if you can kite it correctly. Regular Lacuni's would be an upgrade over those bracers. Your runes on Rend and Battle Rage are wrong.

WW can compete with hammer, it's just boring. You should be able to do better than 52 with those weapons. What's stopping you?

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I've never tried higher then 52 so I'm not sure anything is stopping me. I spend most of my time helping my buddies gear out. We are all just getting our gems over 25 and starting to hit that ramp up time. We're slower then the average group and spending 5 days in DC for the NOVA Open didn't help that any.

My CoE is only 158% so wouldn't using it cubed over zodiac cubed (which is static and has no modifier roll) be better?

Which rune should I be using on rend? Battle rage should be the 20% aoe damage one?

I'll start fishing for Lacuni's. I stopped looking for Bracers once I got those ones which were half way decent. It took me what seemed like forever to get the double Unity.

Edit: Also thanks for the advice
smile.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's a pretty shit roll for CoE. I guess if you're fully using the primary affixes on zodiac. Rend rune should be bloodbath, it's the only worthwhile one. And yes, Bloodshed for Battle Rage.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I could be wrong about PE since pushing grifts is all about density. And I'm running off knowledge rather than experience since I've switched over to HoTA...WW so damn boring. Maybe more attack speed = fast Stricken stacking? I want to say there's been some threads on the barb forums about Stricken not stacking as expected(as in, not as fast, there might be an ICD). IDK...season leaders are often times more poopsockers than they are thinkers.

Ugh, top of the barb seasonal charts is dominated by IK-Wastes Rend stacking builds.
stricken has an internal cooldown of .3 seconds afaik, so you'll prolly already hit that cap, or be very close to it

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
For some reason it shows cubed Zodiac, that's usually CoE or Skull Grasp. Does Skull Grasp effect the Dust Devil portion of the damage? Everyone says use Convention of Elements but that seems like a net loss to me. I am using 1 element really for damage (and I guess Rend but pretty soon Rend will need to become War Cry). 200/7 is 28%. Would it be worth while to do another Bul-Kathos (.3% health every tick), or a Royal Ring? With the Royal Ring you could drop your pants for Yan's and take literally anything else?
skull grasp damage bonus is additive, its inferior to CoE

its a bad item
smile.png

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
For WW/Rend builds, isn't it just straight up better to do 2-pc Wastes set + 6-pc IK set rather than 6-pc Wastes? You can take the damage reduction rune of Council and get a better version of the 4-pc wastes set bonus this way, and with 4-pc IK providing you perma-WotB, you don't need Zodiac in the ring cube slot and can use convention of elements or unity instead, depending on whether you need more tank or more DPS. I doubt the Wastes 6-pc setbonus and the DW setbonus beats 6-pc IK setbonus + council DPS + convention of elements. Does Zodiac even allow for perma-WotB? If it doesn't that's even further in favor of the 2+6 combo.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I'm doing the spin to win Barb build and I'm not entirely sure where to go from here other then for ancients -

Fyff - Community - Diablo III

I'm not a huge fan of my bracer I just don't know what else to do there.

I have an uptime of 100% with IP and like 80% with WotB.

My top rift at the moment is 52 with 4 minutes left. My paragon is 400ish (stupid website doesn't update) so I know my Paragon levels are part of the problem. At this point I think I could probably do 54 maybe 55. To go past that do I need to switch to the Hammer build? I have all the stuff for it (though not an ancient on the weapon).
CoE only rotates through elements actually available to your class. Barb doesn't get Poison or Holy so it's 200/5, not 200/7.