Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
My WotB isn't permanent yet but it's getting there. Once I get rid of the Amethyst in my helm for a Diamond it will be. That's with 6pc wastes.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Actually it's: (1 + rand(1.5,2.0) + num_elements - 1)/num_elements
I don't do shit for maths anymore, but there's no randomness in convention of elements(which I assume the rand(x,y) is). The order is always the same, the amount of elements always the same. Every class gets 4 elements, other than monks who get 5. Rotation is always Arcane, Cold, Fire, Holy, Lightning, Physical, Poison, with the elements not available to your class removed(cold for crusader isn't included). You can kinda view it as a 50% overall boost if you only have one main element because it's 200%/4, but it's a lot more than that in general if you're paying attention to it since you can unload cooldowns and ressources specifically during that period of time while reducing your dmg output the rest of the time, which ends up pushing it closer to a flat 100% increase or more depending on your specific usage. It's also multiplicative, rather than an additive elemental % bonus.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Where are you getting the formulae for that? I made an exp-whore set out of my DB-whore set (figured why the fuck not since it's zdps anyway) and I was curious how it's averaged across the group.

I know that flat exp per kill is better than %exp in bounties and rifts, but %exp is god in GRs, but should all 3 chars put a ruby in their helm for best exp?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well a benefit to your class(dh) being relatively up for a season is all the poop sockers rolled monks/barbs so I'm getting close to hitting the leaderboards.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I just started and have been playing for a few days. Don't / Didn't know shit about anything but have a Crusader and am up to Paragon 80 or so. Just getting comfortable in Torment IV trying to get some set pieces for a Hammer build. Game is pretty fun but I've found most of the resources for completely new players with no experience in Diablo are underwhelming. Makes sense since nothing really happens until 70+ and once you start getting in to the tufts and bounties it sorta falls in place. But I'm woefully unprepared, ungeared for higher difficulty.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's a bunch of very general "what to do at the start of a season" guides on reddit, both overall and specifically for classes in the classes subreddits. It's not really that complicated, a lot of it is just "you farm until you get items that makes what you're doing too easy and increase difficulty". There's a few different things to consider, like doing bounties for materials to cube powers and doing GRs to get legendary gems and level them and doing ubers to get hellfire, but ultimately a large part of the early progression is literally, open a rift, do the rift, close the rift, rinse, repeat and the rest can be ignored entirely until you have 6pc of your set. I mean, I'd probably mix activities a bit since it's a faster progression(even lvl 1 legendary gems and 3 random powers are better than nothing) and quite a bit less boring, but you wouldn't be wrong. It's still Diablo and a lot of it is still just mindlessly killing a lot of shit to get some more powerful items.

After that, following high end builds on Diablofans works well enough, it's a guideline for gearing purposes to follow, while you can adapt stuff to your own difficulty before you assemble all the items. Tweaking your stuff yourself is the best part imo, it starts sucking when you have to do the cookie cutter shit to progress cause it's the only decent thing, before you get there when you're using weird legendaries and skills because they're more fun and you don't need nearly as much damage/toughness to do your difficulty, it's a lot more fun.

Crusader is poop though, I hope they manage to rework the fucking class before they release the next expansion. At some point they need to stop for a bit and just redo everything so the class stops being so bad. They've been improving it over the patches bit by bit, making some passives less shit and some skills less shit(falling sword for example in this patch), but there's still so many wrong things with the class, at a basic level, it's really sad. Doesn't help that they can't balance their sets for shit either, so on top of having a shit base level, they also have a shit top end. Fucking top crusaders solo GR isn't even top 500 monk GR I think, that's so fucking sad.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh I definitely overspoke on the beginner's info the onus is on me, I'm just super lazy when it comes to that. I want to just dive in and go. The crusader thing was one of those though, just because I've primarily always played a Paladin style character. It's like reading all this stuff about oh this class is shit this season, eh whatever not in it to hardcore the leaderboard, just trying something new.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't use the exploit, they may just be saying they are monitoring it to try and keep the exploiting down, but my asshole would tighten up if I did use it.
Upcoming Hotfix for Hellfire Amulet Exploit - Forums - Diablo III
"Hey all,

We're currently working on a number of hotfixes to address an exploit that allows players to equip more than one passive from multiple Hellfire Amulets. While we don't have an ETA for the final round of these fixes, we're looking to implement those that address the underlying bug as soon as possible in all gameplay regions and will be sure to update this thread once they are live.

We're also investigating accounts which have been found to be actively using this exploit to gain an unfair advantage and account actions will be taken accordingly. This behavior not only undermines the spirit of fair play, but directly violates our in-game policies for Diablo III. It is important to us to continue maintaining a stable, safe, and enjoyable online environment for all legitimate players. This is an ongoing investigation, and we'll be continuing to monitor Battle.net and will take additional action as needed.

In the meantime, we encourage everyone to game responsibly. Not only can using exploits lead to account penalties, but it can negatively impact the enjoyment of your fellow players. We're working as quickly as we can to fix the underlying issue, and we'd appreciate your help in keeping the effects of this exploit as minimal as possible until it's removed from the game.

For more information on how to report exploitative behavior, click here. For questions regarding account actions, please refer to our Account Administration.

Thanks!"

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Glad they are putting time in to taking care of this, which doesn't effect me one bit and only effects like 2 poopsocker epeens, instead of the massive lag issues. Last night I was doing a grift with a helltooth doc, rain/strafe DH and me as a whirlwind barb. Shit would pause for like 10 seconds at a time.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
If you guys don't mind giving some tips, I'd be appreciative.

UglyAo - Community - Diablo III

I think my hellfire is alright, though I want that closer to the upper 90s (but I have other shit to fix first). I should be able to get better passives now too.

I was doing T10 machines last night and just getting wrecked (as my friend was clearing for me). Is there any way to get "less squishy" or do I just need to suck it up since I'm going WW barb?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Use Ignore Pain and press the button and stuff will stop killing you.
It was so simple all along!

Thanks
biggrin.png

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Glad they are putting time in to taking care of this, which doesn't effect me one bit and only effects like 2 poopsocker epeens, instead of the massive lag issues. Last night I was doing a grift with a helltooth doc, rain/strafe DH and me as a whirlwind barb. Shit would pause for like 10 seconds at a time.
Remove all area damage. I play a helltooth doc and we do low 60's no problem with it. Did some mid 60's unsuccessfully but did not have any lag. Just have to remove AD. Same goes for EP monk.