Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If you guys don't mind giving some tips, I'd be appreciative.

UglyAo - Community - Diablo III

I think my hellfire is alright, though I want that closer to the upper 90s (but I have other shit to fix first). I should be able to get better passives now too.

I was doing T10 machines last night and just getting wrecked (as my friend was clearing for me). Is there any way to get "less squishy" or do I just need to suck it up since I'm going WW barb?
Overpower is shit, use ignore pain if you are dying or some mobility like leap or furious charge

I don't know why do you run so much fury generation, you should be almost always full anyway, switch the Warcry rune for AR/dodge, but Berserker Rage and Rampage are superior to Unforgiving and Superstition. Zodiac is in my opinion kind of meh in WW builds, if you want perma WotB you need IK anyway. I'd run RoRG for 2pc IK/6pc Wastes for permanent ancients and then you can switch the hexing pants for the ancient buffing shoulders to give you more fury.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Zodiac for perma WoTB is a better compromise than having to wear 3-5 pieces of IK and a RoRG.

Also, don't know how many times I have to post this, Mighty Weapon + BK2 is all the rage you'll need.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Suiciding until the amulet broke allowed you to equip a different one(with a different passive) while still keeping the previous passive.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Getting one that has 20% elemental/crit/~100% chd and one of your top 5 passives is still like winning the lotto, but with the socket now being guaranteed it's pretty easy to at least roll a usable one.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Assuming you're ok with keeping main stat, you don't care about the other secondary, that means 2/3(2 primaries and the passive) have to roll correctly and you reroll the 3rd. Bored at work, so that would be:

1/14 for the first primary affix to be correct
Passive chance varies class by class, build by build, but for a hota barb pushing grifts, it's about 7/19

So best case(we're still ignoring the rolls themselves being shit), 1 / (7/19 * 1/14) = 38 amulets until you find one that's maybe better than a random well-rolled elemental/CC/CHD/socket that you likely already have. Double or triple that number to get one with decent rolls. So, probably 100 amulets for a nice even number.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Who already has a well rolled elemental damage/CC/CHD/Socket amulet? It's not like that shit is easy to come by. My Hellfire fishes are the closest I have come to a perfect jewelry slot piece.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah 40 amulets later I haven't gotten an amazing one as a barb. I think 100 sounds about right.

Can you reroll them in the cube by the way? I automatically assumed not but stranger things have happened.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah 40 amulets later I haven't gotten an amazing one as a barb. I think 100 sounds about right.

Can you reroll them in the cube by the way? I automatically assumed not but stranger things have happened.
When I looked it up it said no, but I didn't test it.

To be honest despite finding the fucker in A2 farming 4 machines is a hell of a lot faster than farming cube reroll mats. If you do it as a group where each person brings a set, you're already at (assuming t10) 8-10 necklaces per

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Making them is super easy now. Once you get the mats you do them on T10 and they drop 2-3 mats each.
They drop 2-3 at t7, not sure if t10 has a higher chance to drop 3, but it seemed like 3 dropped about 50% of the time on t7 from my experience.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can't reroll crafted items in the cube, no. I actually DID try it :p But based on that math you'd need 4950 Fiery Brimstones to get a great one so probably not worth it anyway

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They drop 2-3 at t7, not sure if t10 has a higher chance to drop 3, but it seemed like 3 dropped about 50% of the time on t7 from my experience.
difficulties.png

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
That seems about right. Ran a few T8/T9 ubers and only got 3 a few times but got 2 every time.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You farm them really fast though, especially if you can get like literally anyone to come loot machines with you and open ubers, it's T10 so it's pretty easy to carry on it, and then you get several crafts per run, which all things considered take like 20mins, so it's not really so bad. Amulets not being great to begin with and rarely rolling perfect, it's not super hard to find a decent hellfire. Any combination of crit/crit dmg/elem/main stat is pretty solid and rolling a bunch of other primaries instead isn't necessarily a huge loss(vit or cdr), though you do need a good passive too and that kinda depends on your class.

It isn't really any worse than getting the right ancient weapon tbh, and in many cases is actually a lot easier if the weapon you're targetting is rare(like fist of whatever for monks). And crafting a bunch of them, you'll also probably get amulets for other uses, like speedfarming(I have an hellfire with good general stats and fierce loyalty with boon of the hoarder in it for when I want to farm stuff quickly like T10 or whatever).

The biggest downside is they compete directly with legendary rerolls, and as such ancient weapon rolls in general(unless you're a WD since scrimshaw is so easy to get from upgrade rare recipe), but it's a solid way to dump souls once you have your ancient weapon. And you get a fuckton of souls past a certain point, like 100 an hour or whatever farming GRs for gem leveling/paragon points.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ancient weapons still elude me. 400something paragon in and can't see an ancient piece of bk2 to save my life. It's really killing me on grift progression too, sooooo sick of farming regular rifts for deaths breath.