Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've slowed down my limited play too as a Crusader. I have a full invoker build with all the right gear and a lot of good rolls and a mix of ancient stuff. Only shit rolls are really pigsticker and AA. I'm halfway to a full ancient LoN build. I can steamroll t10 like normal. I can easily beat GR54 and I haven't really wanted to push at all for no particular reason.

Eh. I almost hit Paragon 400.
I'm mid 300s paragon and nearly every shard I've ever made has been spent on shields. Not a single AA. Sad panda.

No justice lantern or compass rose either, and the pledge ammy I got had the wrong main stat. My luck is kind of poor this season.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Probably could, never bothered pushing. Because my 3 gems are level 30+ and I'm still getting 100% on them on each shot. Never felt the need or desire.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm mid 300s paragon and nearly every shard I've ever made has been spent on shields. Not a single AA. Sad panda.

No justice lantern or compass rose either, and the pledge ammy I got had the wrong main stat. My luck is kind of poor this season.
I got my AA shield from upgrading DBs. I wouldn't waste shards on a shield since you can get both normal shields and crusader shields. I wasted a shit ton of shards on Belt of the Trove. Got an ancient one.

Justice Lantern makes a huuuuge difference. You go from using your potion from time to time, to hardly ever using it.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got my AA shield from upgrading DBs. I wouldn't waste shards on a shield since you can get both normal shields and crusader shields. I wasted a shit ton of shards on Belt of the Trove. Got an ancient one.

Justice Lantern makes a huuuuge difference. You go from using your potion from time to time, to hardly ever using it.
Good call, I've probably built up some mats. I'll see if that goes better. May try the same for the lantern.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I'm at 600 paragons and my toon is at like 55 hours play time. That play time includes my original play time on the toon before I rebirthed him.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So with rebirth, does it mail you all your stuff after the season then? So you get your original stuff + your season stuff all waiting in the mail?

In the past I haven't even bothered emptying my mailbox after seasons. It's all I play at this point and don't really care about my set of non-seasonal (a max level of each) and the seasons just keep piling on paragon onto them.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm curious what other people see as the fastest way to farm up hundreds of souls. And by hundreds I probably mean thousands with the way my luck is going so far while trying to reroll an ancient Twisted Sword. And I need to reroll my Woh at least to the point where it's effective enough to clear T10 splits, etc. I can't even begin to imagine how the people on top of the crusader leaderboard got enough souls to reroll near-perfect sets of gear already, even if their playtime was literally 24x7 since S5 start.

At the moment I'm just doing the highest GR that I can complete in 4-5 minutes over and over (and over).

So with rebirth, does it mail you all your stuff after the season then? So you get your original stuff + your season stuff all waiting in the mail?
It mails the stuff the character had on it immediately.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
It mails you the items from rebirth right away, you have a month to get them before they go away forever.

For forgotten souls I would do GRifts. Once you start doing 60+ in a good time you get a ton of legendary items per run.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm curious what other people see as the fastest way to farm up hundreds of souls. And by hundreds I probably mean thousands with the way my luck is going so far while trying to reroll an ancient Twisted Sword. And I need to reroll my Woh at least to the point where it's effective enough to clear T10 splits, etc. I can't even begin to imagine how the people on top of the crusader leaderboard got enough souls to reroll near-perfect sets of gear already, even if their playtime was literally 24x7 since S5 start.

At the moment I'm just doing the highest GR that I can complete in 4-5 minutes over and over (and over).

It mails the stuff the character had on it immediately.
I ended up leeching a ton of TX rifts, and that was where most of the legendaries I got went. If you can farm bounties quickly that might be worthwhile in T10 because of the guaranteed drops.

I'm up to 150, so it's not too hard for souls, but that's basically sharding most of the legendaries I get. I did burn quite a few making ~10 hellfires, but cest la vie. My problem is still DBs.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd bet with full BiS on invokers with half of it being ancient you could do 65 with out even really thinking about it.
even if not bis you can do it easily.

Right now my crus is 450 paragon (busy with bns), full invoker no traveller pledge set yet (ring doesnt wanna drop), 2 ancient item (inv leg and aquila cuirass), and around 240k thorn. Farming grift 60 atm in less than 10 min (trying raising all my gem to 50 before pushing for grift 70+), without even getting close to die

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finished Years of War to complete the season journey. I guess now I can focus on my chosen class and pray for miracle drops to start augmenting them with 60+ gems, but I have no desire to fish for the perfect grifts to push 80+

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm up to 150, so it's not too hard for souls, but that's basically sharding most of the legendaries I get. I did burn quite a few making ~10 hellfires, but cest la vie. My problem is still DBs.
150 is only three cubes though. I farmed 300+ yesterday, blew them all in about 30 seconds failing to get an ancient Twisted Sword. About to do the same with another 200 from this morning.

DBs I farm with my multishot DH, and I'm a half-decent Wand of Woh reroll away from switching over to farming them with Tal Rasha+Sage instead. I might still need to reroll one of my shitty Restraints from str to int also. Hopefully that will bump my DB collecting up a couple hundred more per hour.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Haven't gotten to that point yet, but I was anticipating Years of War being the worst conquest for season journey, the rest being Speed Racer, The Thrill, and Avarice. Hell, got Avarice on accident.

Been looking into crusader builds to solo progress. I've tried thorns, obviously, but something is just really boring about that build. I looked into it some more, it has the requisite amount of button pushing. Even though it is just basically mashing punish, it does have a contextual short CD(law) and a contextual long CD(AC), so that's good enough for me. I think it's that just killing the elites and picking up loot(while his buddies are still beating on you) just *feels* really weak.

It's been really pleasing to toss shields. The projection of power is very satisfying. But I don't think it has the makings of a solo progression build since its sustain blows. For so long I had thought Holy Cause was 1% max life for *any* holy damage. Just (re)found out today that it scales on skill coefficient. Which is obvious, if you actually read the damn skill. So instead of healing for a quarter of your life per shield, it's ~2.5%...meh.

Condemn, same problem. Also, weaker toughness because it can't use Aquila Cuirass.

Blessed Hammer, kinda same problem. It could probably must some decent sustain via LoH and LpWS because it attacks so fast and just chews through resource. But since it can't use Aquila Cuirass, I can't find a build that doesn't leave you with paper thin toughness.

Ponies, I've never like. The shape of the skill is too thin. But, willing to consider if someone has some good feedback on it.

I guess that leaves Sweep Attack? Haven't tried this set since it came out in 2.2. I think since then they've buffed the APS buff duration(3->5), added 50% DR, and increased how much damage you get back from Golden Flense. The build does look like it has a lot of sustain and toughness, on paper. Also looks a bit spammier than I'd prefer.

Is thorns and sweep the only two builds for solo progression?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Progression seems all about the LoN Bomber build, which is a ton more fun that Punish/Invoker. I run with a Sweep crusader a fair bit, and he's very far behind my damage potential as LoN Bomber.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Don't you basically run around herding mobs waiting for Bombardment, Iron Skin, and CoE to align? That sounds even more boring than invokers.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I should be playing it like that... but I do like to ride around and pretend I'm playing GTA, without the hookers.

You could try LoN Blessed Shield, I was fucking around in T10 with it today, seemed pretty strong.