Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not sure how bounties aren't needed when ancients are more needed than ever and rerolling is the only practical way to get one. I've made ancient Yang's and Unstable Scepter, still need at bare minimum a Twisted Sword and a Wand of Woh. 13 fails on the sword so far, and 3 fails on the wand, so there's not an end even remotely in sight.

Every build I've played except invoker thorns feels extremely weak without an ancient weapon. That's not even considering the absurd need for ancients on LoN builds, but fortunately those all look boring as shit just like bombardment.
Well, ok, for weapons and jewelry, sure. Bloodshards are probably better for finding ancients in other slots.

As for being required, idk. This guy cleared a GR68 in decent time with a regular Golden Flense:

Diablo 3 Crusader Sweep Attack Lightning Build GR 68+ (Patch 2.4) - YouTube

I'm not debating that an ancient weapon is a large power boost(it is). But if you're just looking to complete the season journey, you might not need to reroll tons of weapons via the cube. You might not need one at all or it will just drop as your farming bloodshards for other slots.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Bounties are about the only thing bowmen are good for
wink.png
They kill while you loot.

I'm glad bounties aren't as needed this season. I keep trying to find builds that use the new Norvald's Fervor, just can't get a smooth one. Too many weapons and shields have monstrous DIBS that prevent cubing.
Actually, bowmen with all the toppings are a fun spec. My friend was rolling akkhan/bowmen and was mowing shit down right left and center. A LoN build based around them should be pretty decent.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't say it wasn't fun. Just in terms of usefulness, it really shines in doing bounties because you can loot while they kill. Maybe T10 speed clears for keys and DBs too.

Blessed Shield does the area mowing better though. That clanging shield be music to my ears.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Blessed shield is plenty fun but I'm kinda surprised how low my survivability is with only 4-5 pieces not ancient right now. I know that's ~20% DR I'm missing but I can get almost one shot on GR55 so not sure how far that would even get me. I need to look and see wtf I'm missing. I really just need something to get me to GR70 solo for that season journey. Got to 66 in invoker but couldn't dps fast enough to clear it, so even fishing don't think I could grind up to 70 with that gear.

I guess solo I could run a unity with blessed shield, that'd help quite a bit.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How fast though? I've tried a few things for DB/bounty farming so far:

Condemn/Akkhan+BoP - Based on claims of it being good on Icy Veins. It's not, even with an ancient BoP. Survivability sucks on T10 and it's not even close to competitive with just taking my Invoker stuff and swapping in Norvald's set.

Multishot/UE+Yang's - The King. T10 bounties take an average of about 90 seconds to complete, aside from bosses and the really shitty ones. Rifts I can do in 3-4 minutes unless the map sucks. I'm not sure how anyone does consistent 2-2.5 minute rifts unless they don't actually loot the DBs and legs, which defeats the entire purpose. Every video I've watched claiming such times was from PTR and the person just skips all loot and then claims a "two minute clear LOLOLOLOLOL". It's worth noting that switching to an ancient Yang's (3323 dps) knocked about 2 minutes off my clear times.

Press-all-the-buttans/Sage's+Tal Rasha+WoW - Seems fast, but without an ancient wand it can't come close to my DH. It's also squishy as hell if you aren't instagibbing everything you touch, as well as consistently getting maps with elite packs spread no more than ~12 seconds apart (because, again, you have to actually loot the fucking DBs and that eats up In-Geom time). I could do T7 and get roughly the same amount of DBs as my DH, but why would I do that when I can also nearly double the legendary drop rate bonus by doing T10? Mashing ASDF over and over for minutes at a time instead of just pressing multishot and occasionally refreshing Vengeance is annoying too; I'd want at least 200-300 more DBs per hour for RSI hazard pay. I'm sure I could macro it with my mouse, but I'll worry about that after I get an ancient Woh.

I'm all for doing whatever's fun and trying new shit when it comes to playing the game normally, but not for farming. Farming materials fucking sucks all the fun out of these games imo and needs to be over with as fast as humanly possible.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh, if we're talking intra-class, yeah, I don't see how anyone beats a UE6 DH. If we want to be really strict and say ONLY death breath farming, an Invoker Crusader could come close since they are designed to kill only elites anyway. Adding other mats muddies the comparison.

Why are you trying to use Norvald's with Invoker's? The math just doesn't work for me. You get 2x damage, steed duration, and 2H weapon stats(not damage!). For that, you also get these negative: slower application of thorns per hit, 20% dps reduction, and either the loss of Furnace or AA. Doesn't seem worth it.

I think wielding Swiftmount + AA while cubing Furnace is the way to go for farming DBs with Invoker.

Vorph

I tried a bunch of things and Norvald's equipped with Swiftmount cubed was the fastest. It didn't slow down my kill speeds enough to notice, but it made getting from pack to pack much faster. To be fair I only did bounties like that though. At the time all my rifts were being done in 2-3 man and I think I just used normal gear with Swiftmount cubed. You may be right about wielding Swiftmount; I got an ancient right about the time I switched to using DH for all my farming and never really got to use it for anything except my GR45 no-set conquest.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
LoN Bombard for me clears T10 (while looting pretty much everything) in an average of 4 minutes. Greater Rift 45 takes about 3 minutes on average. I take out Mortal Drama and replace it with Swiftmount, that gives me close to perma-mount time. I saddle up, drop on a pack or pylon/shrine, unload, loot and scoot to the next pack. Nemesis really helps speed things up.

Juvarisx

Florida
I'm doing an insta-gib Tasl Rasha Blades without Ingoem or WoH for farming. Less ramp up time and doesn't punish if you get a shit rift while with the shileds you are less likely to get 1 shot. TX in 4-5 and can do GR55 in 6-7, past that though I'd have to stack the DR too much and would make the build moot. Still its good for Farming the ever elusive Ancient Twister Sword.

Swap Prismatic to Pinpoint, Blur to EE in TX, I am also raising a Wreath for some mobility

Spindal - Community - Diablo III

Vorph

Always looking to try something different that might be competitive, especially if it means getting to play the wizard. When I farm on the DH 99% of leg drops get turned into souls, which is especially annoying when it's stuff like Dex Endless Walk/F+R that I could really use Int upgrades of. Don't have a good Aether Walker but I do have an ancient Fragment rotting in the stash. I have a sinking feeling that I trashed all my Depth Diggers last night though, got sick of constantly being full stash and purged about 70 legendaries that I wasn't using and didn't expect to ever use.

WTB about 20 more stash tabs.
frown.png

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Hard to beat disintegrate for speed farming on a wiz. No special requirements for your damage, and quite tanky. I used my same farm build to easily beat the sub 3 minute T10 rift season journey step. Also doesn't revolve around a stupidly rare item like wand of woh, and doesn't need some goofy button spam gameplay. Just teleport and beam.

Zio - Community - Diablo III

Vorph

Heh, I have an ancient Deathwish and all the other stuff for that too, so I guess I've got a couple builds to mess around with this afternoon while doing bounties. Thanks for the suggestions.

Edit: One question though, do you really get much use out of that Taeguk gem? Aside from when monks could keep it running permanently using the numlock trick, I've always felt like Taeguk is only useable in GRs because it's practically guaranteed that I'm going to drop the stack if I have to loot anything.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gosh darnit, I just needed aquila cuirass to finish that one melee wizard build. Finally get one annnnnd the first one I get is ancient with 90% resource and perfect stats other than could have gotten reduced melee instead of secondary resist. Now I have to keep it for my Legacy of Nightmares set.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Wizard doesn't really have a strong LoN build, so I wouldn't worry much if that's the only class you play. One of the top witch doctor builds is LoN though, and it uses cuirass as the chest slot.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Anyone playing a barb with anything other than leap/quake? Looking for something new.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hard to beat disintegrate for speed farming on a wiz. No special requirements for your damage, and quite tanky. I used my same farm build to easily beat the sub 3 minute T10 rift season journey step. Also doesn't revolve around a stupidly rare item like wand of woh, and doesn't need some goofy button spam gameplay. Just teleport and beam.

Zio - Community - Diablo III
Thanks Sinzar, I have been saving up wizard gear but haven't played that character much yet. I think I have most of this stuff minus maybe the halo of arlyse, mantle of channeling and that death wish sword.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone playing a barb with anything other than leap/quake? Looking for something new.
IK6/Raekor4 looks like a lot of fun and probably their top grift spec if you can put up with the annoyances of glass cannon. I'm going to save barb for another season though, played hota a lot last season, which is another fun spec.