Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
*shrug* Diablo 3 just doesn't feel right if I'm not slaughtering almost everything on the screen. Darting from elite to elite, waiting for cooldown alignment just feels wrong. Don't know how else to describe it. But if I eventually just need to solo GR70, will probably capitulate.

Blessed Shield IS fun when you at least slightly overgear(which I imagine properly geared LoN in T10 is at the very least) the content so that the monsters don't stress your sustain. The build has very few sustain options because Foote is the clear weapon of choice but removes any option for LpWS.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Barb is kind of fun this season if you don't mind complete repetition and doing skill rotations. Just jump around, suck everything in and throw a giant rock at them. It is fun when your boulder crits on a rift boss and it does like 25% their HP.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Oddly enough it takes me longer to kill a pack with elites if they are not chained together than it does the rift boss by a decent margin. At GR 65 I can burn down a rift boss (most of them if they don't have poison) in 30-60 seconds on my barb. Just seems odd to me.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't played D3 in years although I played at release. My kids have D3 for the PS4, however, and I was watching one of them play and he has this stupid ring that spawns these little followers that go and blow up. My kid was doing a rift (no idea what level or whatever) and had 3 of these little followers out and they went and insta-gibbed the rift boss. My kid never even hit him.

It's a nagelring. Wtf? He said he got it at like level 30 and the little guys scale up so they do like 30 million damage now when they blow up.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I haven't played D3 in years although I played at release. My kids have D3 for the PS4, however, and I was watching one of them play and he has this stupid ring that spawns these little followers that go and blow up. My kid was doing a rift (no idea what level or whatever) and had 3 of these little followers out and they went and insta-gibbed the rift boss. My kid never even hit him.

It's a nagelring. Wtf? He said he got it at like level 30 and the little guys scale up so they do like 30 million damage now when they blow up.
Its a pretty well known item that seems retarded OP at lower levels but cannot advance at all. Now on PC since they gift you a 6pc set it is really just a leveling tool.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wouldn't that be like 60 hours of playtime?
I'll have to check when I get home, but I've played basically 2 weekends with a couple hours here and there throughout the week.

Tried pushing a GR68 last night and my current Invoker setup just can't push out enough DPS to get past it. I tried 5 times and was at least a minute short on each one.

EDIT: And yes, Alkaizer (top crusader) is running LoN Bombard and I think he was at GR85 or 86 yesterday.

Needless

Toe Sucker
So... what items do you need to switch from invokers build to LoN as a thorn sader? and how many ancients makes it viable to swap over?

I'm assuming you need the belt, and the cubed mace to make it even remotely viable?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

I have that anicent one on my follower.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'm assuming you need the belt, and the cubed mace to make it even remotely viable?
Mortal Drama (cubed), HoI/Aquila, Belt of the Trove, LoN rings. Those are required. The rest is pretty much whatever you have ancient lying around. If you're talking about BiS items, then just check out the leaderboards and get a feel for what you'll be shooting for.

I moved to LoN when I had full ancients minus a necklace and litany. I started with random ancients, and slowly put together a better set, I didn't even have an ancient Leorics when I started. I still don't have an ancient Litany, nor, Illusory Boots, Doombringer, Lidless Wall and a decent set of Nemesis. I still made gr70 though.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can do a kind of fun hammer build with the Haull belt and attack speed. I used this to do the 55 GR for Years of War and it was easy enough. It's not as strong as shields but amusing at least. Note that I had pretty sub-par gear too, weapon only had 2k or so sheet dps. The dps of Justice is inconsequential so the dps boost on hammers from the stun proc is perfect. You can chunk out packs in a couple seconds. Falling sword is mostly the same idea, just keep your damage reduction buff up and stun shit, use judgement to proc damage boost when you need it or swap for anything really.

Diablo III Character Planner

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got an ancient twister sword, jumped four levels to GR76 solo wizard. I don't think it matters whether you're twister or orbit it's all about density at this point and the rifts can choose to screw you over.

Needless

Toe Sucker
how are BoP/Condemn builds now? thorns is pretty fucking boring and i wanna try condemn out

edit: i got so close, i need a HF ammy and i have like every piece i need for condemn lol

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
ust feels wrong. Don't know how else to describe it. But if I eventually just need to solo GR70, will probably capitulate.
Pretty much Crusader in a nutshell. The class has never felt "right" and has always been clunky. I keep trying to love them, but I just never can.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
how are BoP/Condemn builds now? thorns is pretty fucking boring and i wanna try condemn out

edit: i got so close, i need a HF ammy and i have like every piece i need for condemn lol
You don't NEED a hellfire amulet for condemn. Any str(or holy%)/cc/cd/socket amulet will do just fine.

I haven't actually tried the build myself, but I don't see it working for a couple reasons:

It's single target damage still blows. They fixed Blessed Shield by giving it those bracers, condemn got nothing.

I don't see how it will have the toughness or sustain to survive in higher GRs. You have to be in melee range, so you're going to be taken a ton of damage. Aquila Cuirass is out because you're going to be spending decent amounts of resource. You might get ok sustain out of LpWS and Holy Cause(condemn and slash have a high proc coefficients).

Just for comparison, Sweep builds use stuns, APD, and near-capped APS->LoH to survive in melee. I've seen some builds even throw in LpWS. Condemn has none of that.

Vacuum condemn might be a good group build. But solo, I think it's missing a piece or two.

I agree, Kirun. The class is severely limited by most abilities being short to medium cooldowns. The direction they've taken item and set design seems to work directly against that.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
i am going to try a lon/hf build, as soon i got enough ancients, as i thought about it before seeing a video of a crusader soloing grift 100 with it. Even tho gameplay seem a bit dull.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I am going to roll bowmen as soon as I get ancient set built. Already have ancient shield for it and hat/ring to juice in the cube. I think there's a weapon for it too. So lots and lots of bowmen with 100% uptime and low cooldown. Probably use ancient trove belt for free bombardments and lulz. If I didn't loathe bounties so much I would probably work on juicing the 3.5 stash tabs full of stuff I have farmed up. They really need to make rift bosses drop 1 + Tlevel of all those mats.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Bounties are about the only thing bowmen are good for
wink.png
They kill while you loot.

I'm glad bounties aren't as needed this season. I keep trying to find builds that use the new Norvald's Fervor, just can't get a smooth one. Too many weapons and shields have monstrous DIBS that prevent cubing.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure how bounties aren't needed when ancients are more needed than ever and rerolling is the only practical way to get one. I've made ancient Yang's and Unstable Scepter, still need at bare minimum a Twisted Sword and a Wand of Woh. 13 fails on the sword so far, and 3 fails on the wand, so there's not an end even remotely in sight.

Every build I've played except invoker thorns feels extremely weak without an ancient weapon. That's not even considering the absurd need for ancients on LoN builds, but fortunately those all look boring as shit just like bombardment.

Needless

Toe Sucker
You don't NEED a hellfire amulet for condemn. Any str(or holy%)/cc/cd/socket amulet will do just fine.

I haven't actually tried the build myself, but I don't see it working for a couple reasons:

It's single target damage still blows. They fixed Blessed Shield by giving it those bracers, condemn got nothing.

I don't see how it will have the toughness or sustain to survive in higher GRs. You have to be in melee range, so you're going to be taken a ton of damage. Aquila Cuirass is out because you're going to be spending decent amounts of resource. You might get ok sustain out of LpWS and Holy Cause(condemn and slash have a high proc coefficients).

Just for comparison, Sweep builds use stuns, APD, and near-capped APS->LoH to survive in melee. I've seen some builds even throw in LpWS. Condemn has none of that.

Vacuum condemn might be a good group build. But solo, I think it's missing a piece or two.

I agree, Kirun. The class is severely limited by most abilities being short to medium cooldowns. The direction they've taken item and set design seems to work directly against that.
Yeah i gave up on it real quickly, I could see the potential in a a group just pulling things in and hitting them really god damn hard.. but solo it's pretty awful since theres virtually no survivability.