Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I know Chainer, the guy who streams all the barb stuff played and streamed 18 hours straight for the first month of last season. Then I think he slowed down to 12 hours a day. He had 2500 paragon pretty early on.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
So, got super lucky. Hit 70 and the first few items I got were Heart of Iron and Akarat's Awakening. Was able to cobble those together with akarat's set bonuses and ride it to solo crusader rank 124.

Off to bed and looking forward to being rank 8,676 when I log in.

Oh, and they specifically mentioned sanguinary worked with all the bonuses to thorns, but apparently the bonuses are also applying to Hack and Spiker shield, so the new hotness is to cube Akarat's instead of Blood Brother and wield hack + spiker instead of Akarat + pig sticker.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
God this DMO wizard set is the most annoying piece of shit I've played in a while, even shadow DH isn't as annoying. Why is Slow Time aoe so fucking small, and why does half the elites and normal mobs come with fucking knockbacks and pulls and fears that make you run out of the aoe so you lose your damage reduction, or it's ranged mobs that run out of the aoe so you do no damage to them. Shit's so clunky to play. What a shitty starting set, regretting doing Wiz already, it'll get better once I farm a bit more and get other pieces, but shit's so inefficient, even with 6pc and an ancient 2H weapon the best I could do at a decent speed was T4 cause the set is overly reliant on a bunch of other legendaries to make the spells not shit. Luckily 2nd wand I rolled was the Spectral Blades one, so that boosted me to T6 even though I lost like 100k damage.

I guess the one positive thing is I found an aether walker already, so unlike last season where I had to set the set dungeons without it cause I didn't roll one out of like 35wands, I don't feel like killing myself just running around.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Has anyone noticed an issue where buffs don't update sheet stats or buffs don't show on your bar at all? Wolf howl, crusader auras etc

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Has anyone noticed an issue where buffs don't update sheet stats or buffs don't show on your bar at all? Wolf howl, crusader auras etc
You haven't played last season? They redid the UI stuff. Most buffs show as active by adding a yellow border on the icon and a green bar on top if it has a duration(like howl), instead of having icons, to reduce the clutter. There were way too many icons everywhere. If you mean in groups, I believe you don't see other people's buffs affecting you anymore no, but they still should.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
From what I remembered, you could mouse over an icon to expand the group buffs effecting you, but you'd only show yours in full. May be a bit foggy there, but definitely remember the de-clutter & prioritizing they did for things like CoE

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
DMO is not the wizard set that will let you blaze through TX unfortunately, you will want to build a firebirds or Tal set and go for aether / woh for farming.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The set dungeons are a neat idea, but damn if they haven't fucked up the implementation horribly. Are there any rewards for mastering that ?

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
The set dungeons are a neat idea, but damn if they haven't fucked up the implementation horribly. Are there any rewards for mastering that ?
2 pennants for each grouping; 1 pennant if you do all of the objectives for one class, another pennant for mastery.

If you do all the objectives for all classes, you get glowing green wings. Do all the masteries, and you get green alien wings.

The set dungeons are god awful, and I probably won't get over them anytime soon. They can be done solo, but they are beyond frustrating, so I recommend bringing a second person whose sole job is just to kill your stragglers.

A lot of them are reliant on rolling a good dungeon with high density.

khorum

Murder Apologist
It seemed like a lot of the WD set dungeons were for very specific builds too. Like the Arachyr set ones were practically impossible as a chicken build and more geared towards firebat/hex spamming with the amount of frog licks you needed to get.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
It seemed like a lot of the WD set dungeons were for very specific builds too. Like the Arachyr set ones were practically impossible as a chicken build and more geared towards firebat/hex spamming with the amount of frog licks you needed to get.
Yea, it's a little interesting that the set dungeon this season isn't a conquest, but an objective for one of the beginning season journeys. You get a set super fast, but all of the set dungeons require very specific things. Crusader got Akkhan's, but it requires condemn, and the condemn shield was super important.

On top of that, most of them require you to do weird shit that you would never use with that set, or with that build. IK, Invoker, Firebird and Tal Rasha were some of the only ones that made sense. Firebirds at least got changed so you can use a weapon, but Tal rasha kind of sucks with the rockworms. At least they're stationary.

They also increased the density in the Akkhan dungeon, which is fabulous.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You don't need to do all the weird shit, you just have to complete it. So for demon hunter you just have to kill the mobs with 3 sentries out, but if you get hit by the stupid fucking burrowers it doesn't matter and you still get credit for the journey.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Goddamn I'm paragon 200, I've been rolling almost exclusively belts with my bloodshards, and still haven't gotten the delserre belt. I got 3witching hour already and a bunch of the other rare belts, but only 1fazula(with terrible rolls) and 0 delserre. Upside is I got 3tal rasha belts, which along with the 3 talrasha offhands I dropped, means I got 6 pieces by converting them around. Ran out of death breaths just on the 6th one so couldn't reroll shit, but it basically halved my clear speed, using the exact same gear on the other slots(spectral blade wand and using spectral blade build).

Anyway once I can get my hands on Focus, I think I'll be able to run T10 with this gear by changing my passives a bit. It's not flashfire with wand of woh yet, but it's pretty fast. Flashfire requires a lot of stuff I don't have yet like Ingeom and a good Wand of Woh or Aether Walker(I have both, just bad ones compared to my ancient spectral blade wand) and what not, but spectral tal rasha seems to clear fast enough anyway. I also need to farm a bunch of act 1 bounties for RoRG and Sage plans, but not looking forward to that shit.

Edit: Figures, I bitch about the belt and it drops right after.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lucked out with a 3k ancient Wand of Woh and already had ingeom + aether cubed which makes TX 3 minute not hard at all. 2 minutes is going to be insane in anything other than a group and a bunch of luck. Ironically, damage is not the issue this season it is getting the proper gear and affixes for toughness that slows people down from the upper GR numbers.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
You don't need to do all the weird shit, you just have to complete it. So for demon hunter you just have to kill the mobs with 3 sentries out, but if you get hit by the stupid fucking burrowers it doesn't matter and you still get credit for the journey.
Ah, you don't need the mastery for it? I hadn't even noticed that part. Thank god.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Thank god, I failed the mastery like 10 times before dropping it, but I wasn't sure if it isn't going to come up later

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Got a decent wand of woh and in geom to cube and some other stuff, but pretty disapointed in flash fire. In high density maps it's pretty good but overall it's equally pretty shit in bad maps, so it doesn't seem too much better than the build I was using better with spectral blades and aether walker cubed for spam teleports. A bit better on good maps I guess, but a bit worse on bad maps. At least I got the TX under 3mins shit out of the way now, I think, since the fucking popups were bugged but I cleared under 3mins twice as far as my timer went so should be fine. I checked killing Queen Aranae for chapter 1 and it gave it to me with no popups too so was probably bugged at the time.

Probably going to start rolling my archon gear and start progressing GRs. Need to get an ancient chando offhand if possible first, I think I have most of the rest.

Vorph

Thank god, I failed the mastery like 10 times before dropping it, but I wasn't sure if it isn't going to come up later
It does, unfortunately. You have to master a set dungeon as part of Champion (Journey part 6).

Oh well, Marauder is still pretty easy once you know where the burrowers are.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
It does, unfortunately. You have to master a set dungeon as part of Champion (Journey part 6).

Oh well, Marauder is still pretty easy once you know where the burrowers are.
I just wait until I find nat's set, reroll everything with CDR. Nat's set dungeon is stupid easy that way. Cube Obsidian ring of Zodiac for it.

Vorph

I mastered Marauder's and it was about as easy as I expected. I failed due to time once because I forgot I had to kill every mob on top of the other reqs.