Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I rolled a monk and hit a wall that is kind of frustrating. Have 6 pieces of Uli's and doing t9/t10 with all the right gear is about where my squish to kill factor tops out.

Have 6 of the dash/primary builders & 2 ancient shen longs, I spend more time dying before I even reach the mob. Not even to t10 yet, trying to figure out how to balance out that squish factor vs WD last season is a bit weird.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hit 201 on the wizard leaderboard for doing a 62. That's with gems at 25/8/0 upgrades since I don't have a 3rd socket let alone something to put in it yet.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I rolled a monk and hit a wall that is kind of frustrating. Have 6 pieces of Uli's and doing t9/t10 with all the right gear is about where my squish to kill factor tops out.

Have 6 of the dash/primary builders & 2 ancient shen longs, I spend more time dying before I even reach the mob. Not even to t10 yet, trying to figure out how to balance out that squish factor vs WD last season is a bit weird.

You need the, uh, spirit bracers or whatever they're called - the ones that give you reduced damage after using your primary. That's the big monk defense item for most builds I believe. I finally found them last night still on Uliana's and I should be able to climb up 20 more GR levels just from that. For solo play you can usually work in Unity Follower too if you do the Traveller's set instead of Focus+Restraint, or cube it. A lot of the monk builds have a few slots you can move around depending if you need more deeps/more tanky/more whatever which I like a lot. But I probably have over 1,000 hours in Monk on D3 so I'm a smidge biased :p

Edit: The only set I'm reasonably close to completing after Uliana is Inna's, which I'm pretty sure is the worst one. I have like 2 pieces of Sunwuko and 2-3 of Storms. I actually have both Shenlong's but I need to reroll the one into ancient and without the Storms set I dunno if I can use them for anything. Also still need to find a fist of Torrasque.

Also I'm paragon 200 and have no jewelry slot cubed because I literally haven't seen anything worth the mats to cube yet >.<

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only set I'm reasonably close to completing after Uliana is Inna's, which I'm pretty sure is the worst one.

You can make an easy mode T10 build with Inna's, Tso Krin, Pinto, and Incense Torch. Crudest Boots give you a 10 critter army and you drop fire bells all over the screen with impunity. Not bad for farming, at least.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can make an easy mode T10 build with Inna's, Tso Krin, Pinto, and Incense Torch. Crudest Boots give you a 10 critter army and you drop fire bells all over the screen with impunity. Not bad for farming, at least.

I can probably do T10 with Uliana's now that I have that 1 defensive item Monks get :p The thing I like about Uliana's as a starter is it doesn't really require any legendaries to get out the door, each one you find adds to your power though. If I find a fist or restraint/compass rose I can definitely do T10. With Inna's I need 4-5 items I haven't seen at all so it's fairly moot.

Also I guess the new hotness for farming as of last season is LTK builds which I didn't know because I played DH, so that'll give me something to try out. I think that one is Sunwuko.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can probably do T10 with Uliana's now that I have that 1 defensive item Monks get :p The thing I like about Uliana's as a starter is it doesn't really require any legendaries to get out the door, each one you find adds to your power though. If I find a fist or restraint/compass rose I can definitely do T10. With Inna's I need 4-5 items I haven't seen at all so it's fairly moot.

Also I guess the new hotness for farming as of last season is LTK builds which I didn't know because I played DH, so that'll give me something to try out. I think that one is Sunwuko.

Sunwuko LTK is the current monk meta, to my knowledge. I didn't care for it, because I've always thought the hit range for LTK is too small and most versions (especially the speed versions) depend on hitting clusters of enemies to keep sweeping wind stacked. Disclaimer: I'm a lazy player that prefers to blow up the screen & cruise, so I'm biased.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can indeed do T9/T10 level GRs with just adding those bracers, woo. Albeit it's painful, and T7 groups is still best because I don't think I have the damage for T10 groups, not sure. I'm almost paragon 250, still no first of Az'Tarrasque and still no ring/ammy cubed, lol. I'm wearing my ancient RoRG and haven't farmed for a secondary one yet, guess I could do that at least.

Malakriss

Lucked out and got in a group for Cursed Peat shortly after doing a solo Boss Mode (16-17 min with a teleport wand in firebird archon). Anyone done T13 Belial in 45 seconds and have some tips? Seems to be the only thing holding people back from finishing Guardian.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If actual DPS isn't an issue, making sure to spread out to kill the dumb serpents ASAP, and make sure to mash the "skip dialogue" button even if autoskip is enabled because he does have spoken lines that delay his shit sometimes that you can cancel by hitting the button.

Malakriss

Blizzcon leak, someone found pre-uploaded images related to D3 and Overwatch

Blizzcon Leak: Necromancer Reveal • /r/diablo3

UCMYGRO.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Meh, maybe something, maybe not much, guess we'll know in a few days. New class should mean new expansion, but it could also be some left overs from the supposedly scrapped expansions they pulled the patched content from(the new areas+cube). Also could be something unrelated/old concept art they uploaded as part of the 20th aniversary to talk about stuff that could have happened but didn't.

And then the obvious issue of the massive overlap with WD especially with recent pet reworks making them not shit anymore. Hopefully they'd find ways to make it unique enough. Oh and that shit wouldn't go live until next season either I guess and since a season just started, that's like forever.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Necro as we know it from D2 would be dumb fan service and 90% of it would overlap with the WD if it's for D3. Conclusion: D4 hype is go?

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
D2 necromancer was one of the best classes in any game ever made.

I don't care how close it copies the witch doctor. Not having to hear Voodoo Bob babble the entire time I'm playing would be excellent.

And yes I hate playing trolls in WoW because of the same thing. Get rid of the stupid fake Jamaican accents.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
And yes I hate playing trolls in WoW because of the same thing. Get rid of the stupid fake Jamaican accents.

Too soon after Vol'jin's death, mon.

My personal guess if this is indeed not just an artbook picture would be that they announce something similar to the Nova DLC that they made for SC2. They must be looking for ways to earn money with D3. Short of a full expansion, some kind of hero pack (worth $10, sold for $20) would be a good solution. And even that is problematic because a D3 hero has too many skills/passives for fast development, especially with most of them being dead weight because oppressively OP sets limit you to only a few skills. I wouldn't mind an expansion or Hero DLC for D3 but I still think their foundation is weak and they'd be better served with a new game. Too much shit is hardcoded in the D3 engine, resolution and graphics detail is lacking, items are stuck in a +gooder dead end and so on.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
What if they retooled the entire skill system to be more like the LoD one?

I know that is too much to ask, but a guy can dream can't he?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hope they don't ever go back to a skill point system. It's pointlessly convoluted by modern standards. There's better ways than D3's system to be sure, but skill points are not it. That is probably the single thing that would keep me from buying D4 if it ever comes out.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Personally, I think skill trees like PoE and Salt & Sanctuary are the way to go. I just cannot stand POE's graphics.