Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They need to scale back the set bonuses to 4-piece (out of 5/6) total and focus more on mix and match legendary effects. Also need to figure out something more than rift/grift/bounty system for variability and make crafting not completely worthless. Campaign mode in any expansion/sequel would be DoA except for a single run through. Followers could be expanded to a wider gear set, but they need to do something about the no-death trinket being 100% required.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah the announcement is a complete joke, doesn't fix the glaring problems of D3 being a boring mess. Even the new seasons barely bring people back, this will have the influx for like 2 weeks of people playing necro then back to who gives a shit.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the announcement is a complete joke, doesn't fix the glaring problems of D3 being a boring mess. Even the new seasons barely bring people back, this will have the influx for like 2 weeks of people playing necro then back to who gives a shit.

Yeah pretty much. People will clear the Diablo 1 Cathedral in like two hours as well.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Well, the necro was my boy back in D2, so I guess I'm going to have to be part of that two-week influx.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had zero expectations so I'm pretty excited. I loved the Necro class in d2 and this is a long time coming for D3. Cant wait to see what the d1 zones look like.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My first reaction was surprise that they were adding so much content. For free.

$10? Nah, not enough for that price.

I'm actually having trouble pegging where I'd pay for this content.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The whole premise of that necro trailer is dumb. The heroes of the light literally killed everything already. The WD already has the power over dead things. His entire coming-out-of-retirement speech is like 4 years too late to make sense :p

I still enjoy the seasons so sure I'll pick it up, I guess.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is $10 really a big deal for a new character and content in Diablo?

People shell out $10 for stupid skins in MOBA games every day.

D3 players are so used to getting content for free I guess.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd be shocked if they release the Necro for just 10 bucks. My guess would be along the lines of 25 or 30... I mean they started selling expansions for full price lately haven't they?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You're correct, $10 is not a big deal. It's the relative value compared to the rest of the game. They gave us free zones and set tweaks for at least a few seasons, now they want to try out DLC for essentially the same kind of content? Meh.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It isn't new content, it's just a new char. The D1 diablo "content" is free.

And yeah I think 10bucks is too much, which is a large reason why I don't like LoL or HotS pricing. Skins are skins, I don't give a fuck what you price them, I'm ok with the 50bucks skins in PoE and shit, cause it's cosmetics. 10bucks for just a single char additional content is expensive imo, unless there's an ingame way to unlock them(mobas do that for example).

I mean, it's not like I can't afford it or whatever, I just don't feel like spending 10bucks on a 4years old game that hasn't been patched with any content for the past 6months just to get 2days worth of "new" gameplay.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm okay with $10 for a class when they also have to go through and design a full suite of Set items, legendaries, and a full rune system to go with their new class. Hopefully they've also overhauled pet AI.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
4 new sets to play with might be worth $10. I usually come back for a season if they changed a set for a class I like to play.

From what I noticed in the preview, it's all D2 skills copied to D3. Hopefully, the interns gave it more thought than that. D3 is MUCH faster paced than D2.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm okay with $10 for a class when they also have to go through and design a full suite of Set items, legendaries, and a full rune system to go with their new class. Hopefully they've also overhauled pet AI.
From the video looks, you can control the pets, but it seems kinda meh, like not summon summon. Might be wrong but from the looks of it, you have a "Summon Skeleton" skill with various runes, which works like Companion for DH: it's permanently up and resets automatically if stuff dies(assuming stuff can die), and pressing the key makes your skeletons attack whatever you targetted with the key press. Runes will probably be like Skeleton Mages, Skeleton Phalanx, Burning Skeletons and shit like that I'd assume. So it isn't going to be like you spam your summons and raise an army feel and more like a fancy looking dot.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, I really actually need a system like that but limiting it to your inventory is madness.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If it only works if the gear is in your inventory then it will never be used.
I wouldn't say that, that's still a lot better than currently. You pick up your shit in your stash with spam clicking, change your setup, spam click the gear that you swapped out. Much faster than having to click on all the gear to equip it, and more importantly, it changes all your skills/runes/passives instantly. Can also use it for smaller changes if you use the same sets for rift/grift but with slight variations(greed gem, movespeed passives) which it would be great for.