So back to Diablo...

Season 8 gift sets are:
Barbarian – Immortal King’s Call
Crusader – Seeker of the Light
Demon Hunter – Natalya’s Vengeance
Monk – Uliana’s Stratagem
Witch Doctor – Spirit of Arachyr
Wizard – Vyr’s Amazing Arcana

Give your thoughts on which class set will get you the furthest the fastest/easiest.

I would say IK or Uliana's. All the other ones are not anywhere near T1 sets for the other classes as far as I know. I'm doing monk but I dunno how hard I'll go this season. I normally start from day 1 but think I'm gonna wait until PLing kicks into gear this time.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would say IK or Uliana's. All the other ones are not anywhere near T1 sets for the other classes as far as I know. I'm doing monk but I dunno how hard I'll go this season. I normally start from day 1 but think I'm gonna wait until PLing kicks into gear this time.

Agree on Uliana's, except I didn't care for the current endgame monk builds last season and nothing changed.

I haven't done barb in a while, what's the TXIII and GR build meta these days? LeapQuake? Whirlwind? Something else?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whirlwind when I was screwing around last season struggled to get much higher than t10. I think 4/6 Raekor IK was the top build

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Welp, new season starting tonight at 8est. If anyone wants to level up together, lemme know. This new season kind of sucks, but I want my stash slot.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, meant how do you get more of them pixels tabs. Reward of some kind? Haven't played in a million years.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
They've been rewards for season progress for a while now. You have to complete the 2nd to last tier to get it, one per season.

If you haven't played in ages: there's 6 tabs you can purchase with gold, and you can earn 4 more through season progress. The upcoming season is the first you can get your 10th tab in if you've earned one in every eligible season prior.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Nat6 turns out to be fine if you get a yang's as your first bow upgrade and gamble up a DML when you hit 70 from Kadala.

I have had the most rediculous luck.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was gonna wait a few days to see if I could get an early PL, but decided to casually start while watching League semifinals yesterday. After that series I'm already level 50 or so, kinda surprised, seems faster than last time and I was trying last time :p

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I logged in for kicks and there was zero from the clan on. PLing community is deathly quiet. Lack of new kills this game.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I logged in, zero folks in clan online.

No public games at all in 1-21.

Logged off without finding a single person, friends list or not, to play with.

Malakriss

Fyi Mud as soon as we left game my bnet timed out. Appears to be a DNS or ISP connection issue so can't get back on atm

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I did a public leveling group Sat morning and got to 70 in ~4 hours, then finished out the Chap 1-4 items within another couple of hours. Unfortunately, I'm not liking the Uliana set for early farming, so that sucks. Not sure what I'll do next.

Malakriss

Wizards are in a similar situation, Vyr's is completely awful as a starter set and only lets you methodically do T6 since it relies on too many additional items to scale the power. Of course once you get those items they work for other builds with better power increases so there really is no point.

My 7th rare wand convert resulted in an Aether Walker so I basically turned myself into a zdps support in a higher rift group by stunning, freezing, and slow time-ing everything.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I found a Staff of Eternity or whatever it's called while leveling and cubed it as soon as I hit 70, got all 3 Hadrig's gifts in like an hour and am pretty well set. I'm doing T7 fine but I haven't found the defense belt or bracers or any ring/ammy set so I can't go any higher because I just get one shot by everything, even if my damage is OK. I have found surprisingly few set pieces so far too, or monk legendaries, really just getting trash stuff ever since hitting 70 I guess. Hopefully that turns around and I can keep gliding through the season