Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yes, make a season character. Some items are season only, and then in 2-3 months when the season ends your characters become non seasonal and can be played still. Only difference is start of a season all chars are reset to 1.

Make all the characters if you want, doesn't matter which you want to start with. Barb/monk/crusader take 30% less damage by default than wd/wiz/dh so depending on your skill level + difficulty, you can tailor it around to whatever you want.
Seasonal only items are not a thing anymore.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Is there a link to the recommended builds for each set? I remember their being a google spreadsheet with a bunch of links.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Did you get bored or you still rolling?

Nah, not bored yet but had to start work! Thanks heaps for the levels and help. Got a nice kick start and up to doing the last chapter thingy for the season. slowly getting the hang of crusader too.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Is there a link to the recommended builds for each set? I remember their being a google spreadsheet with a bunch of links.

all else fails just go off diablofans' builds

my DH pretty much has everything i need that isn't all ancients.. got up to GR65 pretty easily last night but i think i'll roll another class, maybe a WD? not sure what's better/funner with all these changes between WD/Wiz now

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Aside from getting extremely lucky or leeching off someone who can do very high torment levels, how are other monks getting over the initial hump? I got my 6pc easily enough, but without the belt, boots, rings, spirit stone, weapons, or cube items it's such shit dps and survivability that I can barely do T4/GR20. Kadala, of course, is not cooperating.

Edit: To clarify, I'm gambling shards for the belt and boots first, while upgrading rare fists to try to get the weapons. Trying not to waste time doing bounties when I can't do more than T4, since I don't actually need RoRG or cube mats until I get the spirit stone and the items I need to extract. Not sure if there's anything else I haven't thought of yet.

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Aside from getting extremely lucky or leeching off someone who can do very high torment levels, how are other monks getting over the initial hump? I got my 6pc easily enough, but without the belt, boots, rings, spirit stone, weapons, or cube items it's such shit dps and survivability that I can barely do T4/GR20. Kadala, of course, is not cooperating.
I'm just gonna leech until I get some stuff. Someone on my friends list is paragon 600 already, so I'm ok with leeching with him. We did GR65 last night with another carry (who was in much better shape than I was) and with a barb and while I got a train run on me every time I res'ed, he solo'ed it pretty easily (WD).

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So long as you can survive t6, just join public t6 rift groups if no one else is around. So long as you can contribute anything and not die I'm sure you'll get groups to carry you. Only time I'd leave is if the person is staying a screen away leeching.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Is the Firebirds icon even reliable? I see the mob has a flame above its head and is dying but I don't see the icon on my buff bar. I'll set an entire screen on fire and get 2-3 stacks. I'll fight an elite and get 20 at the end when it dies for a brief moment?

This set is so annoying to play, and archon being the end game spec, ugh. I need some more Tal or something.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider

Edit: To clarify, I'm gambling shards for the belt and boots first, while upgrading rare fists to try to get the weapons. Trying not to waste time doing bounties when I can't do more than T4, since I don't actually need RoRG or cube mats until I get the spirit stone and the items I need to extract. Not sure if there's anything else I haven't thought of yet.

I hadn't played a monk since 2012.

Went with one this season. Using the free 6pc set and the head piece that turns wave of light into a ranged attack. Go go ranged monk.

I have been clearing GR61 in group with guildies no problem.

If you want someone to feed you items I'd be happy to help.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is the Firebirds icon even reliable? I see the mob has a flame above its head and is dying but I don't see the icon on my buff bar. I'll set an entire screen on fire and get 2-3 stacks. I'll fight an elite and get 20 at the end when it dies for a brief moment?

This set is so annoying to play, and archon being the end game spec, ugh. I need some more Tal or something.

I haven't found that too reliable either. I think the set is inherently flawed because you need to damage something(three times!) in order to gain some much needed DR. Teleporting through some packs of ranged or leapers can be really painful.

What fire spells have you been using? Disintegrate and Energy Twister seem like easy picks but I can't settle on the third slot. I'm thinking Mammoth Hydra is the best choice because the game treats the "you can only have one up" as a cooldown so you get max twister spam from Etched Sigil. But you can cast Hydra yourself to apply three spells reliably.

I've tried Blizzard(seems like a waste with Etched Sigil), Blackhole(kinda nice), and Magic Weapon(the ignite rune doesn't seem to proc often enough).

Manald Heal + Tal's + No archon builds seem viable, I'm going to shift towards those.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm gonna run some T10 rifts tonight after i PL my alt up so i can spend shards on them, when i'm on later after work i'll see if anybody wants to grind some rifts.

I need to change my bnet name :( somebody reported IEATBOOTY those motherfuckers.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I'm gonna run some T10 rifts tonight after i PL my alt up so i can spend shards on them, when i'm on later after work i'll see if anybody wants to grind some rifts.

I need to change my bnet name :( somebody reported IEATBOOTY those motherfuckers.
Rofl I was wondering who the hell IEATBOOTY was. bnet name is pretty win too (cucktits?)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also what the fuck is up with the 64 bit app? It runs like single digit fps on my 6700k and 1070. Had to turn on the 32bit app and no problems at all.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Also what the fuck is up with the 64 bit app? It runs like single digit fps on my 6700k and 1070. Had to turn on the 32bit app and no problems at all.
Pretty sure every one i've played with has switched back to 32bit at this point.