Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Necro is really OP.

The ring that increases skeletal mage duration is a huge powerboost. I think you should drop frailty for decripify and get the damage reduction belt, it has served me well moving up, 40-50% will help avoid those 1-shots for a few lvls.
Was really disappointed that they didn't fix that belt to work with all Curses.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's a lot about the Necro that wasn't finished. The class items while leveling are pretty much unusable since the added damage scales poorly or not at all.

Though, I wouldn't use steamrolling TX as a baseline for "OP". Any class should be able to do that.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's a lot about the Necro that wasn't finished. The class items while leveling are pretty much unusable since the added damage scales poorly or not at all.

Though, I wouldn't use steamrolling TX as a baseline for "OP". Any class should be able to do that.
I've only played a Monk and Necro to T13+, and I am far from a min/max player, but it felt to me that the Necro performed MUCH better with worse gear (before and after Teardrop/Inarius nerf). I know I've had a much easier time with my Necro this season than with my Monk.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's a pretty fun Monk build for farming T13 involving Uliana's, Goldwrap, and In-Geom. The monk is definitely better than the necro there due to the ability to blow up packs on sight.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
all of you looking for the skelly ring need to roll up a mule necro, level them to exactly 11 and then gamble a few shards with Kadala. There are only 2 leg rings on the table at that level and you should get one really easily, the only downside is you need to cube it of course.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's a lot about the Necro that wasn't finished.
Fueled By Death, for example. I can accept a lot of bugs that make it out of beta, but not fixing something that simple is shameful. Especially since Travis Day acknowledged the bug like a month ago.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can you not do that at level 1 and remove the leorics from the table? Assuming that's what drops at 11.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
maybe. I knew for a fact it worked at level 11 so I took a few minutes to level and be 100% sure. I probably gambled 10 times before I got it last night.

I need Taskers and Theo gloves to cube but those don't work with the alt gamble trick so if there is anybody that already has them and willing to hand off a spare pair let me know and we can group up for some rifts.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I got to TXI on my necro with a hilariously fun "whirlwind of death" build. Basically, I put Frailty on aura with Inarius' and then stacked a few other PBAOE efffects (like the one from the legs) with the usual suspects in jewlerly and Bone Armor. It was fun as hell to just run into a pack of mobs and charge around blowing off corpse explosion while my whirlwind of death takes them down. Good times. Sadly can't do much beyond that because you have little to no survivability.

Vorph

all of you looking for the skelly ring need to roll up a mule necro, level them to exactly 11 and then gamble a few shards with Kadala. There are only 2 leg rings on the table at that level and you should get one really easily, the only downside is you need to cube it of course.
I guess I'll do that. It actually looks like there's only one ring, since Ring of Might should only appear for a Barb. Leoric's is L12 so it shouldn't interfere, and all the other L12 ones are from bounty caches.

Still resent the retarded cost of rings and (especially) amulets though. Weapons I can live with since it's generally not hard to cube whatever you need. Jewelry sucks ass because there are no subcategories to make it less painful/wasteful in the cube.

On the bright side, my fails at getting necro rings did give me a 199% CoE that can be rolled to Int/CHC/CHD/socket. I'm working towards the alternate version of Rathma that uses CoE and Haunted Visions instead of Endless Walk. Not really looking forward to grinding for reforge legendary mats though, seeing as my Haunted Visions is garbage and I'm pretty sure my Witching Hour is the single worst item RNGesus has ever shit out:

fuckyourngesus.png

That version of Rathma can do GR100 with really good gear, which is considerably more than I care about anyway. Anything that lets me never have to play that retarded lance build is great in my book.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got to TXI on my necro with a hilariously fun "whirlwind of death" build. Basically, I put Frailty on aura with Inarius' and then stacked a few other PBAOE efffects (like the one from the legs) with the usual suspects in jewlerly and Bone Armor. It was fun as hell to just run into a pack of mobs and charge around blowing off corpse explosion while my whirlwind of death takes them down. Good times. Sadly can't do much beyond that because you have little to no survivability.
Might try to work in Andariel's Visage, should fire off constantly with bone storm up.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Could you take a low level Skelly ring and reforge it with the cube on your 70? Or does the reforge recipe require a level 70 leg/set item? I don't recall.

Vorph

I think you can reforge it, and it just stays whatever level it is. It definitely does not upgrade it to L70, that much I'm sure of.

Mage ring in the cube isn't so bad, since you really want 4 seconds on it. It's just a lot harder to get a ~100% Krysbin's. Plus Nailuj's has a guaranteed CHD roll, while Krysbin's has IAS, so that's a problem too. Not sure how big a one really though, since mage damage scaling is weird.

Vorph

Seems I was wrong and Leoric's Signet can still fuck up the program even when you're only L11. Spent 1950 shards and got two Leoric's before I finally got Nailuj's.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I tried it out of curiosity and yep, in 900 shards I got 2 leorics and 2 Nail's, too bad I despise that build design. I wonder if that works on anything else that's a bitch and a half

Crone

RNG be RNG, got Ancient , with socket Nailuj's on my first rare upgrade attempt. :(

Gotten pretty lucky with Necro this season in terms of getting all the pieces to be able to try different sets. So far Targ's set with Blood Mages was pretty fun, just non stop mages everywhere, and then Rathma's for sure seemed more powerful. Those Singularity mages freakin' wreck. Beat a GR70 in 42 minutes tonight. I was stubborn, and wanted to finish it... Damage for sure wasn't a problem, staying alive sucked though. :)

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Impale cleared mid 70's and that's about where I think my gear will stop. Comical that the highest build so far is Necro's blood set that involves nothing but 2 min CD's, god does that sound awful.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I take it most/all of you play Normal? I've never been able to get invested in that, it just feels so boring and lacking in any danger/weight; I've always done Hardcore. My Necro is doing GR55's with only the very occasional passive-pop scare, but his gear is zero Ancients and pretty terribly optimized. Rathma, Endless Walk, etc.

Gotta figure out what can increase my survivability such that I can manage higher GR's, and then I have to figure out how to do some of these conquests. Enchanted Ancients are an obvious upgrade, but I think I need another source of % dmg redux somehow. Maybe I'll use that leg gem that gives %redux to non-phys damage. Not a huge fan of the concept of conquests so far, at least being a requirement for stash tab. Tried a few last season (only came back to this game like 3 weeks before S10 end), and it seemed like you had to game them pretty hardcore (the time trials), or level/gear TONS on multiple chars for stuff like the Master 8 sets one.

Still plan to do my best to get a stash tab this season though.