Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am sure I will play around with it a bit more but the grind on grind on grind model of game play isn't that appealing to me. Getting nicely rolled items to then get nicely rolled ancients to get nicely rolled primals to grind up gems to destroy to add a few hundred mainstat to your item to grind up another greater rift higher that scales for shit and one shots you as you hope to get a decent rift with non bullshit mobs.

It's fun to start of the season and grind up a bit find some items but to me that fun wears off more and more quickly that 1-2 weeks of a season is about the max I can handle.

nisser

Trakanon Raider
Is there no one playing this? I just started a seasonal character and am questing through the acts and there's literally no one playing it...

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Campaign is solo and basically never done except for achievements. Everything is done in adventure mode or the new challenge rifts i guess.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think it was disabled day 1 or you have to be level 70 or something? It was greyed out for me when I started the season but next time I bothered to look it was available.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I started botting the crap out of this game, again.

Its much more fun as a manage-the-bot game then an ARPG, after all this time.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I started botting the crap out of this game, again.

Its much more fun as a manage-the-bot game then an ARPG, after all this time.

Yet another reason I never bother playing a full season.

Sad part is I really don't blame people for botting this game.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I've got back to try the Necromancer have 6 months away. I always get back into the game now and again. It's a fun timewaster. :)

I always play seasonal hardcore mode, I hate the regular mode...there's no tension. :)

I enjoy seasonal since you start with a blank state and you're not in fully optimized gear the moment you hit 70 like the regular mode, so the progress to improve is extended a bit because of it.

I don't play full time, usually I get back and play for 2-3 weeks tops before I get bored so I never really get super high in GR.

So I'm kinda happy that this season, I've reach a personal high in GR at 62 last night, and I think I will easily go a few rank higher...70 is a definite possibility. Totally un-optimized gear still, my luck has been awful. I have all the right piece I need for my build but almost no ancient, and very few piece rolled optimally.

Hopefully I get a few nice piece, and manage to reach 70 before I die forever. :)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I've got back to try the Necromancer have 6 months away. I always get back into the game now and again. It's a fun timewaster. :)

I always play seasonal hardcore mode, I hate the regular mode...there's no tension. :)

I enjoy seasonal since you start with a blank state and you're not in fully optimized gear the moment you hit 70 like the regular mode, so the progress to improve is extended a bit because of it.

I don't play full time, usually I get back and play for 2-3 weeks tops before I get bored so I never really get super high in GR.

So I'm kinda happy that this season, I've reach a personal high in GR at 62 last night, and I think I will easily go a few rank higher...70 is a definite possibility. Totally un-optimized gear still, my luck has been awful. I have all the right piece I need for my build but almost no ancient, and very few piece rolled optimally.

Hopefully I get a few nice piece, and manage to reach 70 before I die forever. :)

The only tension in HC is when your connection shits the bed and you wonder if that elite pack you engaged as the connection lagged is gonna kill ya.

HC is a joke, it always makes me laugh when the HC snobs try to pretend they are special cuz HC.

HA.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
The only tension in HC is when your connection shits the bed and you wonder if that elite pack you engaged as the connection lagged is gonna kill ya.

HC is a joke, it always makes me laugh when the HC snobs try to pretend they are special cuz HC.

HA.

Who dies to connectivity issues anymore? You need to upgrade your internets.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, this season it's not connectivity issues (which in the past have been 99% on Blizzard's end for me), it's "oh look I pressed Command Skeletons/Skeleton Mages 10 times before the fucking skill decided to go off... again". There's bug reports and complaints about it all over the place and general consensus seems to that necros have some sort of animation locking.

I'm surprised more HC people aren't rioting about all the new maps putting mobs right at the zone-in spots. I've seen a few reddit posts about it but nothing major. I had back to back GRs yesterday with elite packs sitting right at the entrance when I first opened the rift. First one got me because I had numlocked Devour going and that meant they didn't have to stand there looking at me until I made a move, second time I killed them after popping both LotD and Simulacrum.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Changed from multishot to nades . Got 69 really easy. Failed 70 three times and logged off for the night. I need me some ancient anythings....

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I pled someone yesterday, it went very smooth

at lvl 1, invite them to a TVI game, do rifts, 2 should get them to 70

get them a grift stone if they don't have one, solo a 65 rift with them, they go to para 130ish, 2nd rift took them to 220, total time spent about 15 mins

if anyone needs this on EU, pm

Last edited:

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just wrapped up Conqueror this season with a Barb since I haven't played one very far before. What a fucking shit class and I thought Crusaders were bad...

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Just wrapped up Conqueror this season with a Barb since I haven't played one very far before. What a fucking shit class and I thought Crusaders were bad...
yeah, barbs are in such a bad place right now. It's sad, was always my favorite class. Hammerdin is still viable, but that's about.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe in overall power level, but barb sets are pretty fun.

Rathma set kinda blows. Powerful but clunky. Too many things to watch in different parts of the screen.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's still a hell of a lot less clunky than that retarded build dominating the LB. And necro in general is clunky because of the skills not firing bug and not being able to make a speed build worth a shit without Fueled by Death, which should have been fixed a month ago.

I agree with you about the UI being all over the place, but that's more of a D3 problem than a Necro problem. No way I'd play this game anytime HUD isn't working, and if I actually cared now that I've finished the journey I'd figure out how to put a mage counter right next to the minimap because having to constantly look between the map, the mage counter, and the shit on the screen (99% of which can one-shot me) gets old really quick. I'm actually kind of glad I put off buying a 21:9 monitor until later this year...