Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Went from clearing T6 to clearing T13 last night on WoL Monk. Some friends who are all 700+ paragon ran me through a dozen T13 puzzle rings, and I got everything I need for the build. It's not required but I still want the belt though, so I don't have to worry about stacks. It's really awesome keeping up wtih my Bros in speed rifts though, and being able to contribute at the same time. That's where I felt the WD was lacking. It could keep up, or do damage, not both.

Battle tag is below. Hit me up if you want a PL or wanna do rifts!

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Going to finish banging out GRift 70 solo. Stopped at 68 and still had 4 minutes to spare so I think I should be able to do it tonight to unlock ancient items. Is there anything else "end gamey" I should be doing after that before I attempt to push higher rifts? I saw they added the ability to turn legendary gems into stats which is neato and has some cosmetic drops.

Also for the play PoE/Grim Dawn crowd. Been there, done that. I've got hundreds of hours in all of them, but like D3 they grow stale real quick so they are good for a revisit every year or three.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I gave this game a real shot this time with this new S13. SSF...dont know dick about this game but rolled up a necro and with about 10 hours played im already 70 and nearing Lv50 of the other levels they have. Now again I dont know shit about this game because I never played it aside the free trial a year back, but ran through some torment shit last night with no set pieces, just trash leveling yellows and its just mindblowingly easy. At no point did I feel threatened by anything. Then finished up my season quests for 4 set pieces so far and its even more easier. Then found some ring that allows you to summon 2 skeletal mages at the same time and I guess I need to pump up the difficulty because everything just melts when I have like 4-6 of those mages up. And by the looks of it im not even playing the correct "uber" necro build. Im doing the skellies, skellie mages, and corpse explosion.

Also when do you see the other set pieces dropping, now I heard they start dropping in torment difficulty but I have yet to drop anything green yet.

So far the one disappointing thing in this game is the loot. Aside the few legendary things that add some unique stuff to gear, it just seems like generic +10 more of your stat that drops 99% of the time. Now I have not gotten any of the set pieces to drop yet, but those seem all pretty underwhelming as well just adding a stat that improves your class/build a bit. Maybe im jsut new and have not seen the good shit yet.

Other thing I noticed is everyone says to run the rifts to level, but I have been finding that you get quicker levels just doing the bounties because of the exp bonuses for mass killing. Some bounties I did last night on torment difficulty last night gave me like 2 paragon levels plus another for completing the bounty especially the chest ones they have you do. Easy 120-150 killstreak which lis like 3x? 4x? exp bonus.

Things I do like about this game is how smooth it runs and I really like the graphics style. The environments are cool too. Im probably going to run through the campaign too now just to see it. maybe on torment 4-5 difficulty. Not sure if youc an even do this on a lv70 character, can you?

Last edited:

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
So I gave this game a real shot this time with this new S13. SSF...dont know dick about this game but rolled up a necro and with about 10 hours played im already 70 and nearing Lv50 of the other levels they have. Now again I dont know shit about this game because I never played it aside the free trial a year back, but ran through some torment shit last night with no set pieces, just trash leveling yellows and its just mindblowingly easy. At no point did I feel threatened by anything. Then finished up my season quests for 4 set pieces so far and its even more easier. Then found some ring that allows you to summon 2 skeletal mages at the same time and I guess I need to pump up the difficulty because everything just melts when I have like 4-6 of those mages up. And by the looks of it im not even playing the correct "uber" necro build. Im doing the skellies, skellie mages, and corpse explosion.

Also when do you see the other set pieces dropping, now I heard they start dropping in torment difficulty but I have yet to drop anything green yet.

So far the one disappointing thing in this game is the loot. Aside the few legendary things that add some unique stuff to gear, it just seems like generic +10 more of your stat that drops 99% of the time. Now I have not gotten any of the set pieces to drop yet, but those seem all pretty underwhelming as well just adding a stat that improves your class/build a bit. Maybe im jsut new and have not seen the good shit yet.

Other thing I noticed is everyone says to run the rifts to level, but I have been finding that you get quicker levels just doing the bounties because of the exp bonuses for mass killing. Some bounties I did last night on torment difficulty last night gave me like 2 paragon levels plus another for completing the bounty especially the chest ones they have you do. Easy 120-150 killstreak which lis like 3x? 4x? exp bonus.

Things I do like about this game is how smooth it runs and I really like the graphics style. The environments are cool too. Im probably going to run through the campaign too now just to see it. maybe on torment 4-5 difficulty. Not sure if youc an even do this on a lv70 character, can you?

Drop rates improve with difficulty. It sounds like you have yet to try a torment difficulty.

Play seasonal and do chapters 1-4 of the season journey - this will get you a guaranteed six piece set. Six piece class sets can enormously change how a class is played, or at least provide enormous boosts in damage dealing and damage taking.

You will also need:

a cube (gotten in the ruins of secheron level 2 in act 3, check the map in the top right).
Bounty materials for using the cube to extract passive abilities from items (do all bounties for all acts for a set of mats).
You will need greater rift keys (gotten by doing standard rifts).
You will need legendary gems (gotten by doing greater rifts), and to level these gems (done by doing higher and higher levels of greater rifts).

Chokepoint consumables:
Yellow/Blue/White mats: you can use the cube to transform these into each other.
Pick up all level 70 gems. You can use the cube to change their color.
Bounty mats (if you are doing a lot of reforging, which you should be leery of until you understand what item is best to do this).
Death's Breaths: These cannot be gotten in greater rifts.

Do goblin vaults (join some chat channels and try to be quick if people advertise one). These are valuable for resources. Jelly gobs (gelatinous goblins) or rainbow goblins are things to go do if you see them advertised, as are goblin shrines (bandit shrines) - you will need decent dps for some of these or leech off someone with that.

It is quite possible to be doing torment 13 in less than 48 hrs solo (never mind with help) and have over 400 paragon points. With help, this can be done in hours.

There's more I haven't covered, but we've hit wall of text level as it is.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

If it's easy you're playing on too low of difficulty, same as any ARPG. While RNG is RNG you'll get more stuff the higher the difficulty. You should work up to doing the highest normal rifts via Torment difficulty increase you can finish in around 5 minutes to farm for keys for Greater Rifts. Various sets will change your style of play and you will unlock the full seasonal starter set when you finish chap IV.

GRift 70 solo unlocks ancient primal drops and should be your goal to get the "best" gear and legendary gem increases.

High level rifts will also be more efficient for leveling and paragon farming than bounties or anything else.

And you should definitely run through the main story if you never have. I always do so on the first char I play when I come back to the game.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Like I said I have been playing on torment all last night. Maybe I need to up i t to like torment 4-5 or some shit to see some drops.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Like I said I have been playing on torment all last night. Maybe I need to up i t to like torment 4-5 or some shit to see some drops.

Yeah regular torment is not hard at all. If you want some difficulty turn it up, but it's better to be efficient. T6 is a sweet spot until you are geared enough to run T11+ imo.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yep. Drops are kinda slow at lower Torments, and then by the time you get to the top, Torment 13, shit's just raining down from the sky.

Bounties and regular Rifts are both going to be "meh" experience when you get into the higher Paragon levels. The real experience is going to come from doing Greater Rifts. You can very easily be 400+ Paragon points in a few days depending on what you're doing.

This is a game that benefits from doing your homework/research. This Season 13 is different, but normally every season has gear changes. They change around all the shit, and new builds emerge, old builds turn shitty, etc. It's always been a fun part of the game to look up these builds (diablofans.com), and watch videos, and then see about making the same build in game. Then when you try it out and it works, and you're killing shit like crazy, it's a lot of fun. But be careful. Lord Fluffy, a D3 streamer, made a good point. He said that tons of people get into D3 for the first time, go look up what's the best builds, or top characters/class, and then they get in game and do a little farming and make this top build, and it doesn't work, they get mad, and quit.

It's common for us to look up what's the best, and try and replicate it, but the best "push" build, a build used to push the highest difficulty Greater Rifts possible, isn't going to do very well when doing lower level content such as what you would be doing just coming into the game and starting to farm gear. What you want is a "speed" build, which is designed to do "lower" content, very fast. This is typically in the range of Torment 13 regular Rifts, and anywhere from Greater Rift 60-90. Using a speed build to burn through this content is what Diablo ends up being all about. Shower yourself in loot, and hope RNG is on your side, but it's a fun time, especially if you can get in with any friends that also are playing.

GL HF!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yep. Drops are kinda slow at lower Torments, and then by the time you get to the top, Torment 13, shit's just raining down from the sky.

Bounties and regular Rifts are both going to be "meh" experience when you get into the higher Paragon levels. The real experience is going to come from doing Greater Rifts. You can very easily be 400+ Paragon points in a few days depending on what you're doing.

This is a game that benefits from doing your homework/research. This Season 13 is different, but normally every season has gear changes. They change around all the shit, and new builds emerge, old builds turn shitty, etc. It's always been a fun part of the game to look up these builds (diablofans.com), and watch videos, and then see about making the same build in game. Then when you try it out and it works, and you're killing shit like crazy, it's a lot of fun. But be careful. Lord Fluffy, a D3 streamer, made a good point. He said that tons of people get into D3 for the first time, go look up what's the best builds, or top characters/class, and then they get in game and do a little farming and make this top build, and it doesn't work, they get mad, and quit.

It's common for us to look up what's the best, and try and replicate it, but the best "push" build, a build used to push the highest difficulty Greater Rifts possible, isn't going to do very well when doing lower level content such as what you would be doing just coming into the game and starting to farm gear. What you want is a "speed" build, which is designed to do "lower" content, very fast. This is typically in the range of Torment 13 regular Rifts, and anywhere from Greater Rift 60-90. Using a speed build to burn through this content is what Diablo ends up being all about. Shower yourself in loot, and hope RNG is on your side, but it's a fun time, especially if you can get in with any friends that also are playing.

GL HF!

Thanks for the explanation....

So question for you bro... How do they expect you to get to Torment 13, where all the gear drops with shit gear to begin with? especially solo, which I almost exclusively play.

So last night I finished up my Season 13 quest thing and got the whole set of the starter gear, which im assuming it is. And got up to lv20 greater rifts. Probably could go to like 25-30, but would get dicey. But this is no where near Torment 13 which im assuming is like Rank50-60? Oh, and I literally only had 2 set pieces ever drop for me so far, a shit belt and boots that I already have.

As far as builds go, youre kind of locked into a build that your gear that you have is made for, right? Until you can farm the gear for a specific build, youre kind of stuck.

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Thanks for the explanation....

So question for you bro... How do they expect you to get to Torment 13, where all the gear drops with shit gear to begin with? especially solo, which I almost exclusively play.

So last night I finished up my Season 13 quest thing and got the whole set of the starter gear, which im assuming it is. And got up to lv20 greater rifts. Probably could go to like 25-30, but would get dicey. But this is no where near Torment 13 which im assuming is like Rank50-60? Oh, and I literally only had 2 set pieces ever drop for me so far, a shit belt and boots that I already have.

As far as builds go, youre kind of locked into a build that your gear that you have is made for, right? Until you can farm the gear for a specific build, youre kind of stuck.
When you start hitting, i want to say Grift 55 you start getting a good bit more drops from the rift guardian. You can also gamble at kadala with the bloodshards along with upgrading rare to legendary/set with the cube.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

I am all solo too.

I used the starter set and beat GRift 70 last night so they are perfectly capable of carrying you high enough. I used Kadala and the cube to get my weapon, offhand, bracers and my 3 cubed extracted powers since it was quicker than waiting for drops. Now I breeze through T11s and have plenty of loot dropping at this point including the primal/ancient stuff for if/when I want to push higher though I will probably reroll to a different class soon.

Use Icy Veins to get ideas of how to gear your build efficiently or what to look out for.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Explain the cube thing and the weapon to me because I feel like thats kind of holding me back, my weapon is a 2h and like 3,800 DPS

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Explain the cube thing and the weapon to me because I feel like thats kind of holding me back, my weapon is a 2h and like 3,800 DPS

Your weapon DPS less important that how it functions with your build.

You really need to look up how all the moving parts synergize with whatever gear you're wearing.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So my build, pretty much set up from the starter set for necro. 1000% bone armor damage and bone armor now has a whirlpool of bones which do ton of damage. Other than that I use skeletal mages, I have the ring that spawns 2 of them for every 1 cast. I use bone spikes for generating resource although I could use the drain thing for resource too. Im also using the gem that dropped for me that ups my pets DPS, which I have leveled to like lv17 now?

But from what I gathered just playing fore the week, is that DPS of weapon basically sets up all of your damage. ie the more DPS your weapon has, the more DPS most of yoru skills do. Or am I wrong on this one? Sure seems like it to me.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>

When looking at the builds whether on the leaderboards or online you have to then compare to what gear you have and what boosts they give you. For instance on my Necro, every top build on the leaders boards is Pestilence set with Corpse Lance yet the starter set is Inarius. I then google some Inarius builds and most of those have Corpse Lance as well. The issue though is you need the Corpse Lance shoulder passive to make it shine. I don't have that yet, I do have the Corpse Explosion gloves though that I can cube. So I then tweak the build to include Corpse Explosion instead of Corpse Lance. Keep in mind you can use the mystic to also re-roll item bonuses that aren't in Orange. So for my Inarius chest piece, the build is built around Bone Armor but the chest had a bonus damage to Bone Spikes. You can re-roll that until you get the Bone Armor bonus.

I have shit for rings and amulet yet with some minor optimizations, making sure I have all 3 cube bonuses even if they aren't perfect for my build and upgrading gems I've already hit GR50 and can clear T6 rifts in a couple of minutes with no real risk of death.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
So my build, pretty much set up from the starter set for necro. 1000% bone armor damage and bone armor now has a whirlpool of bones which do ton of damage. Other than that I use skeletal mages, I have the ring that spawns 2 of them for every 1 cast. I use bone spikes for generating resource although I could use the drain thing for resource too. Im also using the gem that dropped for me that ups my pets DPS, which I have leveled to like lv17 now?

But from what I gathered just playing fore the week, is that DPS of weapon basically sets up all of your damage. ie the more DPS your weapon has, the more DPS most of yoru skills do. Or am I wrong on this one? Sure seems like it to me.

Ok, since your playing the same class I am here's the build I'm basically using but with Corpse Explosion instead of Corpse Lance.

Necromancer Bone Storm Build With Inarius Set

Whether you have Explosion or Lance the play style is the same. Port around to group up as many enemies as you can, pop Bone Armor and then Curse which should kill a couple to give you some corpses to start your Explosion/Lance damage which as more die you get more corpses and if you have the gloves/shoulder passive your damage starts going through the roof. If you get multiple elites in the grouping then pop land of the dead and go town. I'll clear whole screens in seconds doing this. Make sure to save Land of the Dead for the GRift boss as you may end up with no corpses around which really sucks.

From the build above, I don't have either of the rings, amulet, cubed weapon or cubed armor suggested. I'm using whatever shit rings that has dropped so far but making sure they have a socket for gems, shit amulet but with socket for gem, cubed the Furnace for extra elite damage and cubed Grasp of Essence for the Corpse Explosion damage boost and cubed Wisdom of Kalan for the extra Bone Armor stats.

While mages/skeletons are nice, you need the Trag/Jesseth sets to make it shine. Ditch that and just Bone Armor/Explode/Lance your way through, it's way easier.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>

Try this build:
Inarius LazyStorm - TXIII/GR60-70 Speedfarm - Necromancer - Diablo III Builds - DiabloFans

I think with just the set, the weapon and the offhand (both not that hard to get from rare item upgrades on the cube) and the gems you should be melting level 30+ grifts, then aim for the rest of the build while going higher in grifts.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
BTW, I figured out how to extract shit using the cube, but how do you enchant things with the extracted shit? Its not really explained well, and I would hate to add a set piece into the cube only tho have it vanish or turn into some other shit, lol.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I will definitely be trying some of this shit tonite.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Quick question, what do you guys (necro) spend the paragon points on, also is there a way to reset if you fucked up? Ive been doing shit like attack speed, int, run speed, skill cost, area damage...Is this OK?

also no one explained how to infuse a power extracted by the cube, like what is it called? so I dont pick the wrong one and my set piece gets turned into a blue or some shit.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Cube Powers - There's 3 windows at the bottom on the cube interface. One for weapons, one for armor, one for jewelry. When you click on each slot it opens a menu to choose from. You can only choose what you've extracted so far. This doesn't enchant anything, just gives you those passives which in most cases is a big boost.

Paragon Points - Here's suggestions off the build I'm using Inarius Corpse Explosion Necromancer BiS Gear, Gems, and Paragon Points

From there once you starting getting Primals/Ancients you can enchant your gear using the Cube to add more of your primary stat, it wont change the actual item at all though. Each thing you can do with the Cube is spelled out fairly straightforwardly when you click on the book on the bottom right of the interface.