Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Excited for tomorrow, bummed that they still don't start this shit until like 7PM CST.

Will probably end up rolling Wiz this season and probably play some Crus for some silly Thorns shit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Diablo 3: Ultimate Guide for Patch 2.4 - Season 5 (featuring; New Builds LVL 1-70 Guides)

Going with Crusader myself. Consensus seems to be it's the easiest to play with shit gear (which is all I ever get from RNGesus even if I play 300+ hours) and scales well in the long term if you actually get lucky with the items needed for an LoN build.
Thorns look really good for farming bounties and shit too. When I was assembling my shit for the set dungeons on my Crusader, I took the thorns set for a spin, I didn't have good gear at all(no thorns roll on any of the jewelry or the belt or weapon/shield, lvl 2 thorns gem and bad thorns rolls on half of my gear) and still had no trouble just running through stuff on T7 with the thorns horse. Granted it was only T7, but I basically had half the thorns you can get or whatever, maybe even less than that not sure how the gem scales. Felt like a pretty cool build for the usually clunky as shit Crusader I found.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I didn't do PTR, so patch day was my first crack at set dungeons. I figured they would be like a GRift you had to run through with a certain set. Get T8-10 capable with it, run the dungeon, declare victory. I first tried the Helltooth dungeon. The goals are odd (hit a bunch of shit at once with Wall skill 4 times, never take poison dmg) and have little to do with teaching you to use the set. Now I'll have to tailor a build to make sure I don't accidentally take damage while dropping Wall on big chunks of trash. All of which explode in giant clouds of poison. Yay?

Not my favorite addition so far.
My experience with set dungeons almost mimics yours completely. I tried that stupid helltooth one like 10 times and came close to finishing it just once. I'd rather just run rifts. I had no problem getting every set last season.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Helltooth one was annoying, but not cause of poison. Just use the poison immunity amulet in cube and you can ignore that part, killing 12mobs per wall was annoying as shit though, as is killing the entire place before the timer runs out by while making sure you wait for enough mobs to kill with one wall.

Mostly they're just annoying stuff. Reward's alright though, and don't have to do them all at once. You can also get people to help you, which makes a bunch of them a ton easier(like they can make sure to kill any stragglers while you do your shit, so you don't end up with 1mob alive and 10secs on the timer).

Started farming the barb sets, but getting shitty luck so far. My barb I barely played so I only had 4IK 4wastes before I started(I don't think I bothered getting anything from the mail at the end of S3, or I just salvaged everything, whatever, didn't have much more anyway only played for a few hours).

Now after a few hours of farming, I have 8IK, 9Wastes and 1 Earth, no Raekor. Now I clear a lot faster since I switched to the bulkathos sword and got 6IK 2wastes so I'm clearing T8 faster than I was clearing T5 when I started, but it's kinda annoying. Tempted to just dump all my mats on upgrading some rares(won't be that many but still), but the problem is I'm not too sure if I'm gonna need some stupid bracers or belt or whatever for some of these, so for now I'll keep farming for a bit more and hope I get better luck.

I'll do DH/Wiz during season naturally, and that leaves monk to do at some point, not sure when.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Answers to my questions...
Thank you for the information
smile.png

Since i'm new to seasons, does starting on a specific difficulty make any difference at all?
I figure i'll just create a new level 1 season guy instead of rebirthing my 70 (don't see the point in that).

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Seasons is effectively a new account. Rebirthing just removes the need to put shit in your stash and deleting a character to free up a slot, it's not really a big deal.

There's a ton of youtube videos that detail strats and shortcuts for leveling. I'd really suggest checking them out if you're brand new to seasons. You should be starting on Hard, and mostly staying on Hard (bounties or rifts) until you can hit T1 when you hit 70 and get your first 2 set.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I found the removal of the follower weapon and starting on hard to be the best thing to get rolling.

I'll be pretty hard core tomorrow with my friend so we'll be on for sure. I just havent decided to do crusader or DH yet.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Current leveling "strat" is:

- Start on Master

- Take the weapon off one of your followers(whichever you can equip), they're better than the shit you start with. Also take a follower if you're solo but that's obvious.

- Check bounties for Kulle or one of the non randomized cursed chest bounties that's near the teleport(example the cursed outpost). Can reset the game for Kulle, it's 1/3. Maghda is good too apparently? Seems kinda far but eh.

- Doing that early bounty will give you level 4-5 and a full chest of rares, which speeds up the early leveling process a good bit, as long as your luck isn't shit on rolling Kulle. You can just check and if it's not there, skip to next step.

- Drop difficulty to hard, go to Halls of Agony, clear until you reach a dead end, recall, reset the game and do it again. Should do that until 12 or 20ish, whichever you prefer.

- Do Rifts until 70 once you're done with Halls

- At 12(and possibly 8 if you happen to be in town), go to town and check vendor for rings+amulet with +dmg rolls, reset a few times, ignore act1 as the vendor is too far imo. If you're not getting lucky, just forget it. Note that only one vendor per town sells accessories, so don't bother checking the others.

- At 20, if you want, do Leoric on story mode for the crown. It's good to cube eventually for many classes especially in early gearing process, and it's nice for leveling(comes with a socket always, and doubles ruby xp), but it takes a while to do if you don't have a movement speed skill on your class, so up to you wether or not you do that

- Optional but you can do a set of bounties at 23(turn in, you can start a bit earlier) and hope you get Cain or Born plans from them most of the time(I wanna say all the time but not 100% sure), which is pretty nice to level a bit faster, although it's debatable wether or not it's worth it.

- At 45 you can try crafting a lvl 60 weapons with -req, there's no 2H melee weapons anymore at 60 though so you'll have to craft a 1H(or if you're a DH you can make a bow). I wouldn't spend too many mats doing that, 45-60 still goes pretty fast. If you do get one, bump difficulty to torment 1 or whatever still feels fast(should be around master or T1, can be T2 depending on the rest of your gear/class)

- At 61, after you find your first death breath from an elite, use it to upgrade the blacksmith and spam lvl 70 weapons. You want one with level req as that'll let you basically torment 1 until 70, which is a ton faster. Can also use the enchanter to reroll mods but you might need more DBs to unlock weapon enchants I'm not sure. If you do reroll, it's easier to roll lvl req if the other secondary mod is a CC mod(chance to fear/slow/stun/blind etc).

In group it takes like 2ish hours now and solo about 3hours. If you don't optimize and shit it might take a bit longer, but it's still pretty short nowadays, large change is the new console kill streak xp bonus shit that helps a ton, especially solo.

There's a good google doc with a ton of useful info(including the leveling shit I just said, although with some differences):
Diablo 3: Ultimate Guide for Patch 2.4 - Season 5 (featuring; New Builds LVL 1-70 Guides)

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got to Paragon 630 before I finally got a WD end game ancient weapon. LETS DO THIS!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Having all kind of server and login issues. Constant disconnects. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Current leveling "strat" is:

<strat>

In group it takes like 2ish hours now and solo about 3hours. If you don't optimize and shit it might take a bit longer, but it's still pretty short nowadays, large change is the new console kill streak xp bonus shit that helps a ton, especially solo.

There's a good google doc with a ton of useful info(including the leveling shit I just said, although with some differences):
Really nice post. Thanks Pyros!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Anyone playing this on PS4 this weekend? I was high level for a while but lost my save when I changed HD's and it didn't save on the Blizzard servers (And I didn't have it in the PS Cloud either. My bad) Anyway. I went through the game again, I think I am up to level 43. Crusader. So if anyone wants to play, let me know.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Really nice post. Thanks Pyros!
Oh and btw, that's a guideline for fastest leveling and shit, but ultimately, it's not really a big deal, if you get bored of halls of agony or want to do bounties or whatever, that's fine too. As long as you don't do story or don't play on a difficulty where it takes you 20secs to kill white mobs, anything's fine really. Might take an hour more, but that's nothing compared to the amount of time you'll be farming once 70 anyway, so might as well enjoy your time leveling. Like the link I posted also has leveling builds for every class, but similarily if you don't care for one of the recommended skill, you can just do whatever.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
If you have friends think about doing split bounties instead of rifts. It will give you a jump on the mats when you hit max and the exp per hour is only slightly lower. Farming split bounties sucks no matter what level you do them at and having to do less at max and spending more time at max actually getting gear is a plus.