Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Who loves spike trap?

Diablo Patch 2.4.2a PTR - News - Diablo Fans

Not going to bother cut-pasting because that shit formats horribly here and their diffing algorithm has fucked up most of it already.

Spike trap joke aside, the revamped skill might be fun...idk. Glad at least they're trying to revamp it.

And yes, 15% DR was exactly what the Akkhan set was missing
rolleyes.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Long overdue, but I don't see when you'd ever use this. You basically spend time laying down traps that then explode for about the same damage as your spenders do, instead of just firing your spenders the entire time. The hatred cost is low, and the damage is kinda high, but the clunkiness and the fact you have to sacrifice one bar slot doesn't seem worth it at all.

Maybe for shadow? I think Shadow might be the only set that actually even buff it, and it'd give fairly good aoe potential for trash clearing, drop a few traps then impale something to detonate. Still gonna be worse than low life FoK for high solo greater rifts and worse than multishot for speed rifts, so not too sure what's the point.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I really shouldn't uninstall the PTR client everytime it's over, shit takes forever to reinstall. Probably because servers are crowded, but I think Battle net downloads cap out at like 3mb/s anyway, I've never gotten faster speeds. Just wanted to quickly check how traps worked now.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Haven't played since 1 month after release. If I want to start a new seasonal character, does it matter that I don't have Reaper of Souls until at least level 60?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
You're missing out on too much stuff without the expansion.
Can you elaborate? So it's not like D2 where if you don't have the expansion it doesn't really matter until you get past Act 4? I just want to know if I have time to wait and decide to buy the expansion once I hit 60 or if there is tons of other RoS stuff through 1-60?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Do you need RoS for adventure mode and rifts? If not, no difference until 60. If yes, it will hamper your ability to level quickly and efficiently. But getting to 60 never takes more than a few hours no matter which route you go.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah, you don't get access to legendary gems, grifts, paragon, or ancient items until 70. That's the bulk of the game at this point.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
So the answer to my question is, no, I don't need RoS until level 60...
Technically, yes. However, most players spend a matter of hours (say 4 hrs to 10 hrs depending on your obsessiveness) in the 1-60 range even after a brand new season wipe. And as others pointed out, the modes most people use to play, adventure mode and rifting, are RoS features from what I've read. Most players use these during the 1-60 range as well.

The version of the game the vast majority of players utilize depends on RoS. But you could always buy vanilla and play until you feel like you are missing something.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Technically, yes. However, most players spend a matter of hours (say 4 hrs to 10 hrs depending on your obsessiveness) in the 1-60 range even after a brand new season wipe. And as others pointed out, the modes most people use to play, adventure mode and rifting, are RoS features from what I've read. Most players use these during the 1-60 range as well.

The version of the game the vast majority of players utilize depends on RoS. But you could always buy vanilla and play until you feel like you are missing something.
Cool thanks. So you don't need to level a new character by playing through the story? With RoS you can just start off with these rifts and things?

Just deciding if I actually like the game enough now to play it... Loving Overwatch atm. But thought I'd give D3 a try again since it's changed so much. No point in buying the expansion if I'm not going to play.

So my first 2 legendaries are the same dagger. One is better (because I got it at a higher level? So legendaries have stats depending on which level you found them yeah?) Pure chance I got the same one twice ?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Cool thanks. So you don't need to level a new character by playing through the story? With RoS you can just start off with these rifts and things?

Just deciding if I actually like the game enough now to play it... Loving Overwatch atm. But thought I'd give D3 a try again since it's changed so much. No point in buying the expansion if I'm not going to play.
The game is a shell of a game without it though ....

It would be like playing Overwatch with half the characters.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider

So my first 2 legendaries are the same dagger. One is better (because I got it at a higher level? So legendaries have stats depending on which level you found them yeah?) Pure chance I got the same one twice ?
The expansion makes D3 a playable game. Just spend the $20 jeez

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

There's a few ways to level a char with RoS, including story, but no one plays the story more than once cause it has shit density and stupid unskippable scripted events all over and shit like that. Mostly people do rifts, randomized dungeons with a rift boss at the end(either variations of existing story bosses like Rakanoth, or original bosses). You can also level doing bounties if you prefer, which are like quests, you get 5 per act, generated randomly from a pool of like 50-100 per act or whatever the actual number is, generally are like "complete x event" or "kill this rare + x amount of mobs in the zone". Complete 5 and you get a box with some bounty only legendaries and shit like crafting plans, bloodshards(currency to gamble on legendaries) and legendary crafting material to use in the cube/craft legendaries.

Both fall under adventure mode, which is like the story world, but not split per act, you can move freely to any zone on the map and farm anything, do the bounties there or open a rift in town.

The main issue is most of the good features in the game are RoS only by now. Playing vanilla feels kinda like shit. Less shit than it used to be, arguably, but still kinda shit.