Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Do Bluetooth controllers not natively work with phones ? I feel like they would, but ive never tried

Last I checked the games have to support them, similar to trying to use a kb/mouse on Xbox One without XIM. As far as I'm concerned they should all natively support them, I don't give a shit if idiots who are to dumb to think of using a controller are at a disadvantage. Also I would still need a dock with the ability to output video to a larger screen even if the resolution is a tad lower because I can't stand playing a 4-6 inch screen.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Last I checked the games have to support them, similar to trying to use a kb/mouse on Xbox One without XIM. As far as I'm concerned they should all natively support them, I don't give a shit if idiots who are to dumb to think of using a controller are at a disadvantage. Also I would still need a dock with the ability to output video to a larger screen even if the resolution is a tad lower because I can't stand playing a 4-6 inch screen.

Then what is the point of mobile for them? This is a micro-transaction driven move, they don't give a shit about gameplay or polish as long as morons will pay to win.

I hope this 'game' destroys them.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think a hardware dock would be impossible but I wonder if someone could stream to a smart TV app like steamlink

Fucker

Log Wizard
Then what is the point of mobile for them? This is a micro-transaction driven move, they don't give a shit about gameplay or polish as long as morons will pay to win.

It sure seems they didn't learn a single thing from their failed D3 endeavor. This game is going hit the floor like a wet turd on tile.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Reht

Molten Core Raider

Probably has more to do with their partnership with NetEase and the eastern mobile market than any real desire on their part for this title.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It sure seems they didn't learn a single thing from their failed D3 endeavor. This game is going hit the floor like a wet turd on tile.

The key in D3 is that they shut down the AH all together instead of keeping it and letting players choose other methods of payment (gems, other items, or shards). It showed that Blizzard thought players were reacting negatively towards the existence of the AH itself and not the fact that it was real money people were using to buy items.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

I can tell you exactly what they learned: You can make a shitty sequel and still sell 30million copies (xpack included), making it one of the best selling games of all time.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider

Oh I'm with you. The game is fucking idiotic, and their inability to foresee how this would be received is pathetic. My point is more that as mobile hardware becomes more powerful I could at least stand playing mobile titles if they behaved similar to that of the Nintendo Switch. It has no bearing on mobile transactions at all. You are still using your phone and they can monetize the game in the same way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
I can tell you exactly what they learned: You can make a shitty sequel and still sell 30million copies (xpack included), making it one of the best selling games of all time.

Up next: Diablo 2 Reforged HD!

They had the basics there with D3, but they blew it with the AH and then quickly abandoning the game. Diablo 2 probably has more active players now than D3 does. 30 million copies would have been the opening pitch if they didn't fuck it up.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Miniaturization, the process by which people go from staring at a large TV screen to a computer monitor to a small ass phone screen over a couple of decades.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

They had the basics there with D3, but they blew it with the AH and then quickly abandoning the game. Diablo 2 probably has more active players now than D3 does. 30 million copies would have been the opening pitch if they didn't fuck it up.

I agree (other than the D2vD3 active players) but this is what comes with a fundamental shift in the spirit of a development studio. That Steve Jobs video posted earlier is probably exactly what's going on: The marketing people are running the ship now, and have the revenue numbers to point to to back up their decisions.

Developer: D2 is a beloved game that will stand the test of time. We need to make more of these.

Marketing dude: D3 sold X amount of copies and made our shareholders a lot of money. We have a legal obligation to make as much money for them as possible, so we need more of this.

Kotick and ilk: Add some loot boxes to this shit and ship it!

Ortega

Vyemm Raider

D3 was definitely an indicator of what was to come. I guess for me the thing that's confusing is they could easily monetize D3 by adding new classes, maps, scenarios, item drop packs, skill packs, etc. People would definitely pay $9.99 for a druid, assassin, or whatever on a schedule similar to that of HOTS. I mean class balance doesn't even really matter does it? Do you really care if Witch doctors can do 110 rifts when you're stuck at 90's on a crusader?

Even if you ignore the auction house in D3. I think there were some other major indicators of the culture shift within the company. The watering down of the skill/rune system was a big one. Blizzard used to tackle difficult problems like an elaborate skill system head on, but instead they choose to just water it down and totally scrap the real rune system and go with a generic get skill when X level.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Do you think that they coded everything from scratch again? If I was programming this, I would 100% start with my working game engine.

No shit dawg? Did you know Fallout 76 is built upon the same engine as Skyrim? wauw reskin

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
And my point is that every single RPG in mobile looks exactly the same no matter who is making it, which again, lends to the bigger problem of mobile games. Which is why this announcement is even more insulting.

Chris

Potato del Grande
No shit dawg? Did you know Fallout 76 is built upon the same engine as Skyrim? wauw reskin
Did they announce Fallout 76 with the exact same UI, spell effects, gameplay and mechanics as Skyrim but the models were different? Or did they wait until they were further along in the development process?

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users