Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Not sure what build to go with this Season. With so many buffs happening, there are a lot of builds that haven't been viable in a really long time all of a sudden pretty good. Be damned if I'm not looking at Crusader to have fun with Invoker or Hammerdin. Lol.

Who knows though, Jade Doc is a build that I've never been fond of, but with its huge buff it probably is pretty ridiculous.
6w8s3oJ.png

Do what I'm doing: roll something that will be an easy T13 farmer to start, then look at what is hitting high on the leaderboards for a better GR pusher.

Can anyone recommend the best LAZY Class/Build for s16?

The laziest build is easily a Whirlwind Barb.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Do what I'm doing: roll something that will be an easy T13 farmer to start, then look at what is hitting high on the leaderboards for a better GR pusher.

The laziest build is easily a Whirlwind Barb.

I learned to really love the condemn crusader. It has a t13 speed variant which is hilariously fast too. Easy to the point where he feels nearly indestructible too. Think i pushed GR90's without even optimizing stats or having ancient/primals etc. And the t13 speed is basically swapping 2 pieces of gear and some abilities.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I learned to really love the condemn crusader. It has a t13 speed variant which is hilariously fast too. Easy to the point where he feels nearly indestructible too. Think i pushed GR90's without even optimizing stats or having ancient/primals etc. And the t13 speed is basically swapping 2 pieces of gear and some abilities.

I tried it for the first time just a week or two ago. Did all the season 15 shit to get the pet and what not. It was fun and quite easy but even having to do the numlock shit and occasionally threatening shout for wrath was more work then just holding down a mouse button and hitting a couple buffs every so often (which you could numlock too). I also just really love SPIN TO WIN :D

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
how exactly do you go from 1 to 70 in that time frame.... maybe we are playing wrong, but we just play the game. I have one char i took to season so long ago, i think it was season 4 lol.
when we play we usually just go through story, but now just doing the ! quests to cleat areas again and get items that way.

Generally it takes more time to get power leveled than 10 minutes (10 minutes is possible if the person helping is set up specifically for this and knows what they're doing - usually fastest by chaining kill bonuses in field of misery and having gear that gives +xp and such).

However, you won't get it done quite this fast at the start of a season, as those who are powerleveing people are harder to find.

*Generally, if you race to 70 without PL, try to do the challenge rift first (but wait for season to start!) dont open the cache yet, then do rift runs and easy boss kills (ZK if he is up is great) to try to get a few rares, one 15 or so, just do rift runs until you get to 40ish. Hope that someone in your party finds a custerian wristguard. At this point, if you have a tradable custerian wrist guard, have each person wear it while they open their challenge rift reward cache and the gold they get will reward enough xp to get into the level 50s. If no one has this item, gamble for bracers with your shards you got rifting and hope to get one. This one won't be tradable but if one person in the party gets it, they can essentially boost the group quickly to 50s.

Then try to craft a level 60 (or 70) weapon with -level requirement. It is possible to use such a weapon in the low 40s if you get a good roll.

Finally, while leveling (starting around level 7?) check the shady vendor of each act for rings and amulets - you're looking for ones with bonus damage range ie 1-2 damage and so on.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Generally it takes more time to get power leveled than 10 minutes (10 minutes is possible if the person helping is set up specifically for this and knows what they're doing - usually fastest by chaining kill bonuses in field of misery and having gear that gives +xp and such).

However, you won't get it done quite this fast at the start of a season, as those who are powerleveing people are harder to find.

*Generally, if you race to 70 without PL, try to do the challenge rift first (but wait for season to start!) dont open the cache yet, then do rift runs and easy boss kills (ZK if he is up is great) to try to get a few rares, one 15 or so, just do rift runs until you get to 40ish. Hope that someone in your party finds a custerian wristguard. At this point, if you have a tradable custerian wrist guard, have each person wear it while they open their challenge rift reward cache and the gold they get will reward enough xp to get into the level 50s. If no one has this item, gamble for bracers with your shards you got rifting and hope to get one. This one won't be tradable but if one person in the party gets it, they can essentially boost the group quickly to 50s.

Then try to craft a level 60 (or 70) weapon with -level requirement. It is possible to use such a weapon in the low 40s if you get a good roll.

Finally, while leveling (starting around level 7?) check the shady vendor of each act for rings and amulets - you're looking for ones with bonus damage range ie 1-2 damage and so on.
Some good pointers there! 7 for rings and 11 for amulets. I am of mixed feeling on waiting to open your challenge cache, if playing with a group i usually do what you recommend, but if solo and depending on the class, i don't. I started on a Barb last season and didn't wait and got bracers of the first men and destroyed my through content with the damage bonus after level 15, think i cranked it up to torment 5 and lowered it once it started getting difficult and blew through levels. You can do the same thing with Monk and possibly Crusader (Shield of Johanna damage bonus isn't great).

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I got this game over Xmas for the Switch. I played waaaaayyyy back in the day on my PC, but don't use that account anymore. I don't have Nintendo-whatever that you have to pay in order to play multiplayer....I really don't ever play the Switch (it collected dust for over a year) although I have been playing Diablo on it.....point being I don't want to pay a yearly subscription to Nintendo for probably this game only as I game mainly on the PS4. I may eventually get Diablo on the PS4 and then play multiplayer there.

So my question is.....knowing that I am only going to be playing Diablo single-player on the switch....which is the best solo character? I saw the chart earlier and it seems like demon hunter dominates most of the builds, is that correct? What would involve the least button pushing? Whirlwind barb?

khorum

Murder Apologist

BTW bear this in mind for season 16:

Bliz said:
  • When completing a Greater Rift level 70 solo for the first time in a Season, a Primal Legendary is guaranteed to drop from the Rift Guardian

It actually doesn't take that long to be able to do GR70. Though it's likely you'll be playing your main when you do it the first time in the season, I bet more than a few ppl are gonna wig out if they triggered their free primal on alt while getting carried or in a group.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Ah whoops, that's good tho.

Actually, I wonder if there's any additional logic on top of their smart loot for what kind of primal would drop for you. Like would it be class/build-sensitive or if it would just flag a random weapon on your loot table primal so you could potentially get some fucking primal Grandfather.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ah whoops, that's good tho.

Actually, I wonder if there's any additional logic on top of their smart loot for what kind of primal would drop for you. Like would it be class/build-sensitive or if it would just flag a random weapon on your loot table primal so you could potentially get some fucking primal Grandfather.
Pretty sure it's a random Primal. It's nice to get one, but yea, it can be shit.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Imagine if they did screw up the solo requirement and/or if it wasn't limited to the first character of the season. Hell, Blizzard might consider doing it solely for the percentage of fraudulent D3 purchases that wouldn't get chargebacked as the free Primal exploit train cycled powerlevel characters as fast as they could.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Me and some friends came back last season after a few season hiatus. They convinced me to go hardcore for some added challenge and we had a blast. Nearly felt like EQ trying to avoid death and building your character a certain way to ensure you don't die once you take critical damage. Looking forward to this season. Played a Crusader and we PL'd some other folks and it literally takes 5-10 minutes to take some to 70 if you let them hang out at the rift entrance while you wipe out the zone.

Probably going to go wizard this season as it was my first D3 class at release. I had some love/hate with the game at one time but it's definitely been a decent filler game while I have nothing but Smash Bros. to play at the moment.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Wouldn't count on the guaranteed primal for anything, 90%+ chance it will be useless.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
I got a bunch of primals in s15 actually. Only one weapon that was an upgrade over anything I've had non-seasons tho.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I got 8 or 9 primals in S15, not a single one was usable for any of my builds (ie crap) and the only one that was actually half way decent one was a Triumvirate, but by then i had a tricked out Tal Meteor build.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Most primals suck donkey shit through a straw.. still gonna fuck around with this nonsense new season and see what kind of dipshittery that they added. Goddamn they are fucking lazy I mean it's nice that they are buffing the sets to retarded levels for no fucking reason but how about adding a handful of new seasonal items. I know the shit is on lifesupport but can't Randy the unpaid intern throw darts at a wall and make a new piece of shit item.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users