Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Eh, I spent months farming when the game came out in whimseyshire pretty exclusively. I think I deserve some money for beta testing a shit game at launch. I just wanted a little money anyways, not going full on crazy build

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So what are the best general farming/xp runs with the changes to mob density in acts 2 and 4? Or are they still more or less the same.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I feel that in a game like diablo buying gold completely defeats the purpose and enjoyment of the game. The whole purpose of diablo is to find cool loot. Instead you just buy it...? Doesn't make sense to me. Call me old fashioned.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I feel that in a game like diablo buying gold completely defeats the purpose and enjoyment of the game. The whole purpose of diablo is to find cool loot. Instead you just buy it...? Doesn't make sense to me. Call me old fashioned.
Run Act 1 inferno on MP0 for 250 hours and still be unable to do any other parts of inferno, then get back at me on how it's so much fun to be 100% self sufficient.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Run Act 1 inferno on MP0 for 250 hours and still be unable to do any other parts of inferno, then get back at me on how it's so much fun to be 100% self sufficient.
That's the point though, the game failed right away because this reason. You pretty much needed to AH your way to play.

Charles_sl

shitlord
That's the point though, the game failed right away because this reason. You pretty much needed to AH your way to play.
What does that even mean? Once they nerfed Inferno the first couple of times the game was cake and could easily be beaten by anyone, even people who didn't use the AH at all.

People like to play at higher levels, they feel that it's more fun than playing at lower levels. This isn't something new and Blizzard knows it too as it's the path that they've been taking the Diablo franchise down since Diablo II. Nobody "found" the items that they wanted in Diablo II, unless by found you guys mean that they ran a bot for a month so they could trade for some duped high runes, if that's the case then yeah sure, they found all of their items. Now they just use the AH to "find" the items that they want. The only difference is that it's now much less of a hassle for the players and Blizzard makes a bit of additional revenue on the transactions.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think that's a bunch of shit though D2 was never that hard and yeah you could bot or trade your way to some bullshit runes or duped gear but it totally wasn't needed at all. You could find cool shit all the time. I found tons of sets and shit in D2 running shit like Meph or whatever and had fun twinking out lower characters and trying new builds. Diablo 3 was never that hard but it was tedious as fuck unless you used the AH all the time. Maybe it was due to the game of the game but I don't remember D2 being as tedious as D3 at any point.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think that's a bunch of shit though D2 was never that hard and yeah you could bot or trade your way to some bullshit runes or duped gear but it totally wasn't needed at all. You could find cool shit all the time. I found tons of sets and shit in D2 running shit like Meph or whatever and had fun twinking out lower characters and trying new builds. Diablo 3 was never that hard but it was tedious as fuck unless you used the AH all the time. Maybe it was due to the game of the game but I don't remember D2 being as tedious as D3 at any point.
D2 wasn't as tedious. And they had HUGE amount of mob dense areas. D3 had like.... 4. And most of them were inaccessible to laymen who didn't "exploit" the early act 2 chests. The biggest problem was you didn't have the cool AE builds that are so fun in games like these and you didn't have huge packs of mobs to mow down even if you were able to farm the gear to sustain one of the very few AE builds on select chars. It just wasn't as fun to play for hours on end. Thus people used to AH to try to make the game fun. It was an MMO-ARPG hybrid.

The other important factor was... when D2 was released there wasn't a huge influx of information at everyone's fingertips and people didn't expect to just be god out of the gate. In D3 they did. It's the new gaming culture. Show me OP, tell me how to be OP, fuck figuring shit out. That's how it is now.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I actually did try act 2 inferno at release and I quit the game instead of using the AH. It is my understanding that they have nerfed the difficulty quiet a lot since then.. So i fail to see how your point is still valid..?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just wish there was an item build that allowed perma-Call of the Ancients. So that I could be way gimpier than any other barbarian build, but have amusing pets.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Hey have you guys heard about Path of Exile? Looks to be the true successor to D2. I'm apprehensive about the company though, being NZ based. I don't want to have to fuck a bunch of sheep in the game to progress

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
On my way to finishing Inferno, in Act 4 a Skorn dropped. Not a really great one, but was interesting as I was looking to buy one.

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
Did you guys heard about PoE ?

On a more serious note, softcore sux and I dont have the computer to fully enjoy D3 as much as I'd like soooo.. Let's wait for a few more patchs before going back at it.

Charles_sl

shitlord
Diablo 3 was hard early on but it isn't hard anymore. As I said, after the first few Inferno nerfs the game was beatable by just about anyone, with or without use of the auction house.

I agree that the itemization in Diablo 2 was much more fun. It was great having twinks, low level duels, etc. There's some of that in Diablo 3 but it's more difficult to find due to the way groups work. In Diablo 2 you could just make a game with what you wanted to do, in Diablo 3 your options are very limited which sucks. You basically have to use sources outside of the game if you want to twink duel or anything fun like that.

The game isn't tedious though, well no more tedious than Diablo 2 is. It was fun when it was released and difficult, it's fun now that you can mow down huge groups of monsters in the high density areas.

Honestly I don't get your argument. So what, it's too easy to get good gear in Diablo 3 due to the auction house, but it was better in Diablo 2 where you could do Meph runs over and over again with a garbage Sorc (yourself, no botting...) and get good gear? Or is it too hard to get good items in Diablo 3 because they are so expensive and you don't have enough gold and don't want to spend money, and in Diablo 2 it was too hard because you had to let your bot run for a month and then trade the items for things that you wanted for good gear?

Both ways seem like they could be considered tedious and lame to me. It just depends on your perspective. Myself, I don't see much of a difference between the two games. If people want to use the AH and spend money then that's great, go for it. If people want to run bots all day, that's great, go for it. If people want to play self-found no-AH then good for them. If people want to do Meph runs themselves all day, that's awesome too. None of those things affect me or how I play the games and have fun.