Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Did a few 4 man GRs, 3 impale DH (lol) and a wiz. We went up to GR15.

Top grift 4 man is 146, had an impale DH (for RG). So right now it looks like impale will do _very_ well this season.

I'm pretty happy; impale DH is my favorite build for DH. I mean, still pissed at blizz, but at least for once my build will be desired in high grifts. :p

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
For those of you that may have been interested when someone earlier mentioned the Median XL mod for D2, the big revamp patch notes are here.

Version Log - Median XL

Bounced off the necro and paladin but digging the amazon build you just either smash heads that blast lightning or AOE the entire screen with storm. This game isn't as deep as PoE but still worth checking out.

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
I picked this up for the Switch. For people playing on console are there some classes that have an easier time with controller?

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
For PS4, some people have said that melee classes tended to be easier. I didn't really see a difference, there but the smaller field of view on console might affect things more. I had no real issues with either and actually prefer the console interface.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
There's some funkiness you have to get used to with targeted ranged spells, like throwing up the bubble as a wizard, making sure you have the right target "locked on" before casting to make sure it doesn't drop it randomly in the direction you're facing. Other than that I really didn't have any critical issues with any classes. Sure, it's a lot easier to target and deploy ranged abilities, but I didn't find it that restrictive or to have much impact on my success.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Hopped on and tried out the only thing I had gear for on non-season, a UE multishot DH. No ancient weapon, only like 2 or 3 ancient items total. Mid to high 70s gems. Only 900-something paragon. Did a GRift 85 without issue. Not super high but basically starter gear was enough...

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Generally it takes more time to get power leveled than 10 minutes (10 minutes is possible if the person helping is set up specifically for this and knows what they're doing - usually fastest by chaining kill bonuses in field of misery and having gear that gives +xp and such).

However, you won't get it done quite this fast at the start of a season, as those who are powerleveing people are harder to find.

*Generally, if you race to 70 without PL, try to do the challenge rift first (but wait for season to start!) dont open the cache yet, then do rift runs and easy boss kills (ZK if he is up is great) to try to get a few rares, one 15 or so, just do rift runs until you get to 40ish. Hope that someone in your party finds a custerian wristguard. At this point, if you have a tradable custerian wrist guard, have each person wear it while they open their challenge rift reward cache and the gold they get will reward enough xp to get into the level 50s. If no one has this item, gamble for bracers with your shards you got rifting and hope to get one. This one won't be tradable but if one person in the party gets it, they can essentially boost the group quickly to 50s.

Then try to craft a level 60 (or 70) weapon with -level requirement. It is possible to use such a weapon in the low 40s if you get a good roll.

Finally, while leveling (starting around level 7?) check the shady vendor of each act for rings and amulets - you're looking for ones with bonus damage range ie 1-2 damage and so on.

So is this the best method to solo level on season launch? I havent actually played a season launch in awhile. Last time the "speedy" methods were doing high-density waypoints and certain bounties if they were up, iirc.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
So is this the best method to solo level on season launch? I havent actually played a season launch in awhile. Last time the "speedy" methods were doing high-density waypoints and certain bounties if they were up, iirc.

There's a bunch of youtube videos by the usual suspects but from what I gather:

1. Create character
2. Do challenge rift
3. Gamble blood shards if your class has a lvl 1 item, if not gamble them later when your class item is available
4. On Master do a boss bounty for quick items
5. Start new game on Hard, chain massacres in Halls or Darkening area until you have a teleport or similar to work in Fields
6. Lvl 8, get +dmg rings/neck and make weapon
7. Lvl 27, do bounties for +Exp set
8. Keep making new weapons every 5 lvls
9. At lvl 40 make lvl 70 weapon with -30 lvls req

That's about it

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I'm messing around with a WoL monk build on my switch before the season starts and the blood shard vendor spit this out.

IMG-20190118-WA0011.jpeg

Should I go buy a lottery ticket? Lol

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So glad Punisher is out so I have something to watch while Diablo servers are getting crushed tonight.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Additional recommendations I've heard :
- Skip Darkening for leveling.
- I wouldn't chase the bounties for the +exp set either. Wait until 70 when you have a little more of a full build/mobility. Side trip in story mode for Crown of Leoric is fine though if you don't get one while leveling.
- The high-density zones are a slightly faster alternative to rifting. You have to maintain a massacre bonus though and it can get painfully boring.

This guide is a good place to start that covers most of the bases.

Edit: the one thing it doesn't cover is doing the Challenge Rift before starting season and getting the headstart with level 1 gambling.

Diablo 3 S16 | Leveling Guide for ANY CLASS (Tips, FAQ) 2.6.4 | Team BRG

Last edited:
  • 1Like