Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
... 5000 paragon is the benchmark, never really played beyond grift 100 in any season but that seems absurdly high. Do people actually achieve that in the season?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think their goal was to make the seasonal buff equivalent to a non-season character with p5000

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
my peak electric bill in the summer has been $900 between the pool and AC (Arizona). Have a pretty decent size house though and we can go weeks without dropping below 100 outside.

Good times....

Look into how much a closed loop Ground source heat pump(Geothermal Wells) would cost to put in, will be expensive but usually pays for it's self in about 5-10 years depending on size of house. I think you still may be able to get a federal or state tax credit as well.;)

Malakriss

Well, this is going to be the creative build season
For the duration of Season 20, all slots in Kanai's Cube will be able to select Legendary powers from Weapon, Armor, or Jewelry
  • This means you could select three Armor powers, three Weapon powers, three Jewelery powers, or any other combination thereof across all categories
  • Two new Seasonal rewards are available for players who fully complete the Season 20 Journey, including a new portrait frame and pet
Wizards it looks like they are nerfing Bazooka and making all channeling damage bonuses kick in after 1 second. Their new set is hydra based.
Witch Doctors get a Spirit Barrage / Mana regen based set.
Barbarians get a Frenzy based set.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
That's a pretty neat season bonus, I'd be tempted to load up this season but it seems like it comes out after the 21st? I'll likely be consumed by DD:A. That's the most tempting season thing I've seen in a long time though

Malakriss

Last PTR was a week, patch didn't go live for 3 weeks and then next season began shortly after. So I'd put it as early March for S20.

Malakriss

Looking at the cube powers for general / class specific options it seems like there will be a lot of variation build options rather than sheer power increases. Trading off one power in existing builds for things like In-geom (directly replaces Zodiac ring), Oculus Ring, or Leoric's Crown. Cindercoat, Depth Diggers, Frostburn, Illusory Boots, Nemesis Bracers, Pride's Fall, Stone Gauntlets, Reaper's Wraps. The Furnace for extra elite killing power regardless of build, RoRG in any slot.

Demon Hunters could use Fortress Ballista as a defensive option in non-weapon slot
Wizards could use Aether Walker with any build, that Ray of Frost piercing source may actually be an option, Ashnagarr's Blood Bracer a defensive increase in any slot.
Necromancer jewelry in other slots might produce some interesting combos.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like multishot fire builds are going to benefit from two armor slots. One for cindercoat and one for magefist. At least at mid range paragons before you can ditch the cindercoat.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was hoping I interpreted that correctly as you could select any legendary regardless of class, throw on a flying dragon buff (50% AS) on any class would be kinda fun. This could be interesting too

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think it will be any legendary from any class in the cube, just that you can have any mixture of wep / armour / jewelry instead of 1 / 1 / 1

seems pretty underwhelming, since a lot of that stuff is all balanced around each other. Maybe some game breaking things will come to light with double defensive items like stone gauntlets + aquilia bp, but for most classes they are using a set bonus + 1 big defensive item to stay in the game and adding a 2nd defensive item comes at the cost of damage, or removing the defensive item for more damage is instant death.

I think a 4th cube slot would have been better

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I don't think it will be any legendary from any class in the cube, just that you can have any mixture of wep / armour / jewelry instead of 1 / 1 / 1

seems pretty underwhelming, since a lot of that stuff is all balanced around each other. Maybe some game breaking things will come to light with double defensive items like stone gauntlets + aquilia bp, but for most classes they are using a set bonus + 1 big defensive item to stay in the game and adding a 2nd defensive item comes at the cost of damage, or removing the defensive item for more damage is instant death.

I think a 4th cube slot would have been better

Compared to the current season, it seems seriously underwhelming.

• 1Faggotry

Malakriss

S20 buff will make very specific builds at the high end more powerful, won't even be for all classes and it will dictate group meta strictly. But it will be useful to the people who only play 2 weeks since it does have some pseudo-LoD powers during the initial gearing process and it will let you turn GR builds into T16 speed builds. More options/variations at the low and mid tiers but then the high tiers will be pidgeonholed.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Worried that the new hydra set is going to play like a less interactive version of n6m4.

The 2 piece bonus of the new barb set is obscene.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The 2 piece bonus of the new barb set is obscene.

I like that they had just said zDPS isn't the spirit of what they want to do and while they aren't nerfing it, they aren't going to be adding more ways to make a zDPS build. And then release that 2 piece bonus....

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Say what you want about it, Fergusson ships complete games. If he could pull bioshock infinite out of its death spiral the odds of this being properly managed just increased significantly.

This is good news

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Season 19 ends March 1, Blue poster on reddit had to correct the twitter about it. Season 20 preview information coming next week.

edit: PTR patch notes were updated

Andariel Wings confirmed to return this upcoming S20

Last edited:

Malakriss

S20 March 13

Minor changes between PTR and live, biggest is the nerf to LoD Hydra while they vainly try to make Set Hydra relevant (spoiler: it isn't).