Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lots of Barbs again this Season as spinning to win is still very strong. One of the strongest. But anyone else while spinning realize that they will just stop spinning mid fight? I'll be in a massive pack of mobs, and realize I'll be running around like an idiot. Obviously my mouse works as I'm still moving around, but Whirlwind will just stop. Fucking annoying. Asked another Barb in a game, and he said the same thing is happening to him, but there's nothing on the Blizzard bug forums.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Never had any issue with just randomly not spinning unless you run out of fury or possibly an item is triggering it to stop (stone gauntlets). Been spinning all weekend on HC no less.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah the only time I stop spinning is when Wrath drops and stone gauntlets kick in.

First time playing the WW rend spec. Anyone have tips for keeping Wrath up on low density maps or lower end content like normal t16 where stuff dies too fast?

Crone

Yeah the only time I stop spinning is when Wrath drops and stone gauntlets kick in.

First time playing the WW rend spec. Anyone have tips for keeping Wrath up on low density maps or lower end content like normal t16 where stuff dies too fast?
Use Windshear Rune of course, and in lower density maps, you should be using the Bal'Kathos sword set. Then switch to Little Rogue/Slanderer when you are pushing.

Yea, another buddy said he's had it just quit as well, so it's kinda a random problem. Very odd.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having a blast playing poj monk. Seasonal buff is okay for pushing, but let’s you do more fun things with speeds.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Aside from necros I'd expect top end builds to be almost the same cubes. But it certainly helps during the season journey when you can throw on double weapon or double ring powers.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Use Windshear Rune of course, and in lower density maps, you should be using the Bal'Kathos sword set. Then switch to Little Rogue/Slanderer when you are pushing.

Yea, another buddy said he's had it just quit as well, so it's kinda a random problem. Very odd.
How can I determine the density before opening the rift?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Obviously depends on all your gear and paragon, but last season I used the BK swords just fine for everything under gr100. Only switched to rogue/slanderer when I got too squishy.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I started playing this again like a week ago cause my brother started playing it. Rolled a DH season 20 char. Got up to gr58 and beat it with 1 second remaining, did a couple 60s in a duo with crusader after my brother got a little bit more geared up but it's starting to get brutal.

Is it just a matter of putting in some hours grinding at mid 50s gr's/torment 10-11 to get the good legendary gems and levels on them before you push higher levels or do some builds just not have the ability to go to 70+ (saw something that said you had to solo a gr70 to be able to drop primal ancients) and/or t16?

Crone

I started playing this again like a week ago cause my brother started playing it. Rolled a DH season 20 char. Got up to gr58 and beat it with 1 second remaining, did a couple 60s in a duo with crusader after my brother got a little bit more geared up but it's starting to get brutal.

Is it just a matter of putting in some hours grinding at mid 50s gr's/torment 10-11 to get the good legendary gems and levels on them before you push higher levels or do some builds just not have the ability to go to 70+ (saw something that said you had to solo a gr70 to be able to drop primal ancients) and/or t16?
If you've done any research at all, and are going after a build that's on the Tier list, then you should be fine. Some rando build with just a couple legendaries? You might have troubles. The tier list that I reference is Rhykker's tier video. He puts one out for every Season. Getting 6pc of your set is going to help a lot. Legendary gem levels help, but not really all that much. Gear matters way more.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
The basic Multi-shot UE6 build with Yangs, Dead Mans Legacy and F+R rings will blow up a GR70 no problem. The power boosts from the yangs + DML is nuts for that set and a few disc rolls on chest + weapon + offhand are huge power bumps as well.

Shadow Impale is almost difficult to play sub GR80 if you have the 6 piece + dagger + holy point shot because you 1 shot everything and don't return any hatred. Even a poorly rolled Shadows set should clear GR90 pretty easily, but it will almost always take a minimum of 4-6 minutes. UE can power through a lot of that stuff super fast but may be a bit harder to gear if you get stuck waiting for a yangs to drop. In the past few seasons getting a Dawn to drop for the cube has been one of the hardest things for getting either of those 2 builds up and going

Janx

<Silver Donator>
If anyone needs boost or gear dump for barb/wd just hit me up. For you barbs are you using 2pc crimson in the build? Been using that variant and did a 102 like nothing and didnt feel squishy at all. Kinda lost interest so made the WD with the net set and its really fun too. Might do monk tonight, new set looks fun as hell.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really liked the Crimsons variant of WW for the Barb, felt extremely smooth to play and you didn't have to run the Boon passive. I know the standard area damage 6 piece + CoE was more damage but I felt that the Crimsons variant handled crappy maps much better than the standard WW6 did. I ran most of my shit last season with the BK swords too. I had some decent IB swords drop but it was pretty late in the season. The rare death with IB absolutely punishes you so much since all your cooldowns will have to be reset, if you are pushing and die with IB it seemed like it was basically rift over.

In an open map the standard WW6 Area Damage loadout will blow things up, but thats only about 5-10% of the maps you get and I hate fishing for rifts so the CC version was so much nicer to play / grind with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If anyone needs boost or gear dump for barb/wd just hit me up. For you barbs are you using 2pc crimson in the build? Been using that variant and did a 102 like nothing and didnt feel squishy at all. Kinda lost interest so made the WD with the net set and its really fun too. Might do monk tonight, new set looks fun as hell.
Poj monk doesn’t play much different from ww barb. Instead of building density and hard casting rend, you build density and then detonate your flurry stacks.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The patch tweaked bounty caches to award the newer crafted recipes in the first 5-10 caches usually. Whether you did bounties leveling up to 70 or for Chapter III you probably got Aughild, Sage, Crimson, etc and with the CR mats could just craft those for early power jumps. RoRG makes it even easier and then simply gem grind for damage increases while toughness is luck based on drops.

You will probably be basic mat + forgotten soul starved more than the bounty mats for crafting the set pieces (and trying to get them ancient)